• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon HD 6870 Reference Design Looks Refined, Ready to Market

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2Ghz - 5Ghz CPU
Motherboard MSI B650I Edge Wifi ITX Motherboard
Cooling CM 280mm AIO + 2x 120mm Slim fans
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4060 8GB (Temporary Until Next Gen)
Storage Kingston KC3000 M.2 1TB + 2TB HDD
Display(s) Asus TUF 24Inch 165Hz || AOC 24Inch 180Hz
Case Cooler Master NR200P Max TG ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold 850W PSU
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
wait, what?

We both don't like the new naming scheme, but in the end who really cares, we just want the fastest HD6xxx card available:roll::rockout::toast:

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
We both don't like the new naming scheme, but in the end who really cares, we just want the fastest HD6xxx card available:roll::rockout::toast:

lol you sure do, didn't you have 5870's a 5970 and now have a GTX480? been through your fair share of first gen DX11 cards ain't ya :laugh:

about this marketing stuff, I agree to an extent, months before Fermi launched there were in-depth articles detailing the new architecture, it would be nice to see the same thing about barts/cayman, they don't even need to give us performance numbers, just some food for thought to further wet our appetites for the release products.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Again, I can only use Bulldozer's marketing, coming from the same company, to base my opinion on in this situation. Clearly there is a huge difference between the two sides of AMD's marketing, and frankly, Bulldozer's marketing is far better. There's little to no speculation left there, and yet, none knows how it will perform.

I don't care what any other company is doing. I mean really now...the old "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" really fits in to describe my thoughts on that.

I don't care what they commited too...or what any other company does...I'm not talking about other companies, just AMD here. You don't justify stupidity because everyone else is stupid. And making bad commitments, and then holding them, is stupid too.

You know... yes, I may be asking for alot, but guess what...if none asks, nothing will ever change. And clearly AMD/ATi's marketing department hasn't learnt anything either...adn that really needs to change.

There's NOTHING on the AMD site about these cards. A simple official page saying Barts is this 6870, etc, reveals nothing, and would quell alot of the rumours.

But instead they are waiting? They are gonna lose sales(and thereby marketshare and consumer confidence) that way.

Maybe they want to keep us guessing and wait for the big surprise at the end, they're a company, who knows exactly what they're aiming to do. Who knows what their strategy is, tomorrow they could release all the info including pricing on the cards, or maybe they'll show it off right at the launch date. But either way we'll see, sure we may not get an early look at it, but at least when it does come out we can them make a smart purchase based on what we need and can afford. This should also be accompanied by reviews a little later which also help the cause.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Again, I can only use Bulldozer's marketing, coming from the same company, to base my opinion on in this situation. Clearly there is a huge difference between the two sides of AMD's marketing, and frankly, Bulldozer's marketing is far better. There's little to no speculation left there, and yet, none knows how it will perform.

I don't care what any other company is doing. I mean really now...the old "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" really fits in to describe my thoughts on that.

I don't care what they commited too...or what any other company does...I'm not talking about other companies, just AMD here. You don't justify stupidity because everyone else is stupid. And making bad commitments, and then holding them, is stupid too.

You know... yes, I may be asking for alot, but guess what...if none asks, nothing will ever change. And clearly AMD/ATi's marketing department hasn't learnt anything either...adn that really needs to change.

There's NOTHING on the AMD site about these cards. A simple official page saying Barts is this 6870, etc, reveals nothing, and would quell alot of the rumours.

But instead they are waiting? They are gonna lose sales(and thereby marketshare and consumer confidence) that way.

I disagree. The two markets - the GPU and CPU ones are totally different. I don't know if you remember but AMD and Intel made an agreement at the beginning of this year in which they settled some old scores but also exchanged their current technology and future roadmap. They have nothing to hide anymore and can be open about their future CPU product without fear of the competition.

On the other hand the GPU market is totally different. AMD had been playing second fiddle for quite some time and they really needed the break they got with the hd5000 series. With the development of the 5000 series secrecy seems to have helped them quite a lot and I think they're trying the same proven strategy again. AMD are fighting a much more aggressive opponent on the GPU side and can't allow themselves to slip again, they must thread carefully and stay tight-lipped until after the release.

System Name Main PC
Processor PII 925 x4 @3.724GHz (266x14) 1.525v NB 2660 1.425v
Motherboard Gigabyte AM3 GA-890XA-UD3 (790x+SB850)
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B
Memory Hyperx 8GB (2x4) 1600@1418 8-7-7-20-27-1t
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 256GB SSD / 2TB HDD
Display(s) LCD Samsung 24" 16:9
Case Cooler Master HAF 912
Audio Device(s) On-Board HD
Power Supply CM 750w GX |3.3v@25a|5v@25a|12v@60a
Software Kubuntu dual boot /Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores later...
I'd love to say naming isn't important but it is.

The 5850 destroyed the 4850
The 5870 destroyed the 4870

It looks like:

The 6870 equals the 5870
The 6850 equals the 5850.

Frankly i think they (ATI/Nvidia) could come up with better naming for they next generation card then to reused numbers from the past (like ATI 5870/6870 which Nvidia used before 5800/6800U) to something like Gamer1000 , HappyFace1000 , XRay1000 , T-1000...?? :D

Last edited:
System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Here's my question..... Alright a couple of weeks ago there was a GPU-Z and Vantage benchmark floating around the net with a score of P24K in performance settings. This benchmark was supposed to be the 6800 series we assume the 6870's vantage score.

So here's my excitement and worry. If that was truly the correct score of the 6870 what kind of great score will you get with the 6970? I can imagine something like 28K or more. Which would be just freaking awesome.
But with a top of the line card at a score of 28K or more what would that cost? $700 to $800 bucks and a 6870 would sell for the $400 to $500 price range? I would hate to imagine the 6990 would probably retail for $1200 or more.
They would be able to price these cards at what ever they want considering no competition from the other camp.
If this is true and it does happen.... we can only hope that ATI/AMD will remember those who stayed faithful to the brand during even their tough times and not price these cards right out of the market.
I do expect these cards to be more expensive then previous generations's because of their performance lead.
But if I can buy a GTX 470 that might be about 15% less powerful then a comparable ATI card for about $150 dollars cheaper.
I know I would definitely go that route for sure.
But those original benches could be just fake.

Other then that worry all I got to say is go ATI go.... it's about time! :)

VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
lol you sure do, didn't you have 5870's a 5970 and now have a GTX480? been through your fair share of first gen DX11 cards ain't ya :laugh:

about this marketing stuff, I agree to an extent, months before Fermi launched there were in-depth articles detailing the new architecture, it would be nice to see the same thing about barts/cayman, they don't even need to give us performance numbers, just some food for thought to further wet our appetites for the release products.

Haha yeah I did too, u got good memory:twitch: and the amount of video cards I bought for this generation was pretty ridiculous:laugh::laugh: lol but at the time I wanted them, but I also learnt not too waste money lol:p cause DAMN I bought quite abit, I'll make u a list lol........

- Sapphire HD5870 1GB then sold it.
- XFX HD5970 Gay Edition 2GB then RMAed it due to issues.
- HIS HD5870 1GB
- HIS HD5870 1GB for sum Xfire action
- Sold 1 HIS HD5870 1GB due to high temps
- Bought a EVGA GTX 480
- Sold HIS HD5870 1GB
- Bought Gigabyte HD5970 2gb
- Sold Gigabyte HD5970 2gb needed money
- Going to sell EVGA GTX 480 soon for HD6xxx series

.....ZOMFG why did I buy so many lol... oh well.

The new name scheming won't really bother me after about a couple of days, ppl would gt over it:rolleyes:, but if they do go with the new name scheming, I just hope the HD6850 & HD6870 will perform better then the HD5850 / HD5870 otherwise to me it would just look stupid:confused:

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
...I'll make u a list lol........

my question is which was your favourite card out of them all?

I can't wait to see if the 6870 is as fast as the 5870 but cheaper.... it's really got me thinking.

System Name KOV
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair Hero VIII
Cooling H100i Cappellix White
Memory Corsair 3600kHz 32GB
Video Card(s) RX 7900XT
Storage Samsung 970 evo 500gb, Corsair 500gb ssd, 500GB 840 pro & 1TB samsung 980pro. M2.SSD 960 evo 250GB
Display(s) ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 165mhz, Dell S2721DGFA 27 Inch QHD 165mhz
Case Corsair 680x
Audio Device(s) ON Board and Hyper X cloud flight wireless headset and Bose speakers
Power Supply AX1200i Corsair
Mouse Logitech G502x plus lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL lightspeed and G13 gamepad
Software windows 11
Think I will exchange my 5870's for one of these

VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
my question is which was your favourite card out of them all?

I can't wait to see if the 6870 is as fast as the 5870 but cheaper.... it's really got me thinking.

my favourite one would definitely be the HD5870 1GB, with all three of those cards, I had no issues with them what so ever and they performed really well, even Crossfiring them was awesome but I did high temps with one of the cards mainly because the cards were sandwiched together, the temps weren't that bad it was mainly the fan speed dat annoyed me:roll:

Yeah I can't wait to see some spec details and benchies of these new cards:rockout::rockout:

kylzer

System Name NDA BD
Processor NDA
Motherboard NDA
Cooling --------------
Memory Corsair GTX 1866Mhz 2x4GB
Video Card(s) --------------
Storage WDBlack 640GB and WDGreen 750GB
Display(s) BenQ G2200HD
Case ---------------
Audio Device(s) Built in
Power Supply Silverstone 500w
Software Win7 64
Looking mighty fine.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I disagree. The two markets - the GPU and CPU ones are totally different. I don't know if you remember but AMD and Intel made an agreement at the beginning of this year in which they settled some old scores but also exchanged their current technology and future roadmap. They have nothing to hide anymore and can be open about their future CPU product without fear of the competition.

On the other hand the GPU market is totally different. AMD had been playing second fiddle for quite some time and they really needed the break they got with the hd5000 series. With the development of the 5000 series secrecy seems to have helped them quite a lot and I think they're trying the same proven strategy again. AMD are fighting a much more aggressive opponent on the GPU side and can't allow themselves to slip again, they must thread carefully and stay tight-lipped until after the release.

Very astute comment.

And while I agree, a simple webpage saying what cards are named what, doesn't give any concrete details, and if done properly, will only generate goodwill. Like you say, they are kinda fighting nVidia...but there is a difference in properly using your resources, and squandering them.

I mean, this thread is the perfect example...AMD could have released this via thier website. Doesn't give nVidia any idea of performance, etc...

It's poor marketing, through and through. And yes, because I've run(and still do) a very successful business, I do know what is effective marketing, and what isn't. I'm 33, and basically retired, 100% because i understand effective marketing. And what AMD is doing...isn't it.

Why is ChipHell and others getting the web traffic from this, instead of AMD?

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.

And like wise, I certainly could care less about what you think is marketing. Because when it's all said and done, has nothing to do with my post :slap:. People just need to wait and see:
-what the naming will be
-what the performance will be
-how much it will cost you to buy it
-when it will be available
These are questions we cannot know for certain until the NDA is up/release date to make the official announcement. Therefore, I don't see the need to go around in circles with all the fud that we've seen before during the pre-release of AMDs other cards. Again, nothing to do with marketing here. And like was said earlier, if not saying much (if anything at all) worked well with the pre-release of the 5000 series I really don't see why it's something not repeatable for the 6000 series. At least until they are ready.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
:laugh:

You don't see the need to go in circles...but...that's exactly what you yourself are doing!

AMD's lack of pproper marketing is what created this situation, plain and simple.

I mean really, that pic in the OP kinda looks like 6870 is Barts Pro...

Anyway, any single person with a minor amount of Photoshop ability could create those pics. So I agree that pople should wait before making any judgements...

But next release, guess what? It will be the same thing, yet again, won't it?

Seems that people's impatience to get details is what is irking you...and again, I say you best stop paying any attention to these threads then, because that's not ever gonna happen, until marketing practices change.

I'm not asking you to like my opinion....but like you are giving yours, I am giving mine. Just so happens it doesn't agree 1005 with yours, but that's just fine to me, and should be the same for you. If you don't like people commenting on your posts, don't comment..this is a tech discussion forum, after all.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.

You don't see the need to go in circles...but...that's exactly what you yourself are doing!

AMD's lack of pproper marketing is what created this situation, plain and simple.

I mean really, that pic in the OP kinda looks like 6870 is Barts Pro...

Anyway, any single person with a minor amount of Photoshop ability could create those pics. So I agree that pople should wait before making any judgements...

But next release, guess what? It will be the same thing, yet again, won't it?

Seems that people's impatience to get details is what is irking you...and again, I say you best stop paying any attention to these threads then, because that's not ever gonna happen, until marketing practices change.

I'm not asking you to like my opinion....but like you are giving yours, I am giving mine. Just so happens it doesn't agree 1005 with yours, but that's just fine to me, and should be the same for you. If you don't like people commenting on your posts, don't comment..this is a tech discussion forum, after all.
I think we all can read and participate in the discussion be it you agree to it or not. And making the attempt to explain my reasoning for my post (which wasn't about marketing) isn't going around in circles. I simply want to make sure you understood my reasoning for the post you originally replied to. :p

Having said that it's clear we really don't know what to make of 6000 series at this time. It, IMO, generates some level of anticipation waiting for the release date so we can finally come to know what to expect. In hindsight, perhaps this is just one way to generate hype and awareness for the 6000 series. If it is, it's an effective one.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I think we all can read and participate in the discussion be it you agree to it or not. And making the attempt to explain my reasoning for my post (which wasn't about marketing) isn't going around in circles. I simply want to make sure you understood my reasoning for the post you originally replied to. :p

Having said that it's clear we really don't know what to make of 6000 series at this time. It, IMO, generates some level of anticipation waiting for the release date so we can finally come to know what to expect. In hindsight, perhaps this is just one way to generate hype and awareness for the 6000 series. If it is, it's an effective one.

Yes, we are just mincing words. And I understand your tact, and do not think what you said had anything to do with marketing...but as I said, that's not gonna change until the marketing does, and we'll more than likely be in the same situation on the next release.:wtf:

I mean, I had another Bhudda quote in my sig:

"All expectation leads to suffering"

I think it applies in this situation. :p

:D

Most of this hype is largely negative...kinda makes you wonder who is really behind it. I did go to Uni for psychology, so any attempts by AMD to subvert thier intent doesn't slip by me very easily. At this point in the game, it's not the right time to generate anything that might be negative hype...they do this so that when the real details come out, it seems so much better than it actually is...that needs to STOP, because I think it might jsut have an effect they aren't exactly expecting. Most people into tech as deeply as you and I, aren't exactly going to be swayed either way by such poor attempts.

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
You just reminded me of this thread! lol's

I just read that entire thread. That provided entertainment to me in a level that cannot be described by words. I vote the mods re-open it and let us all go back into it to start round 2: even invite dann back to join in. Maybe do a followup on the protest? :)

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
my favourite one would definitely be the HD5870 1GB, with all three of those cards, I had no issues with them what so ever and they performed really well, even Crossfiring them was awesome but I did high temps with one of the cards mainly because the cards were sandwiched together, the temps weren't that bad it was mainly the fan speed dat annoyed me:roll:

Yeah I can't wait to see some spec details and benchies of these new cards:rockout::rockout:

Don't worry bro, I am taking care of your card like its my little baby :laugh:

It's soon to go on eBay and the FS thread once these new 6xxx gets released to our little town of Sydney :rockout:

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
:slap: why would they have cuda and physx when they are both developed by NV? they have stream for gpgpu and well, as I said Physx is an NV (ageia) developed platform so your post makes no sense at all!!

Heck, I'm so pissed NV haven't got avivo :rolleyes:

and what about havook physics

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I don't have time to read all 5 pages, have to get to sleep, so I apologize if I repost info...

That doesn't look photoshopped to me, and I can easily spot that sort of thing (makes watching TV/Movies painful being able to spot what's real and fake). There is no ATi logo on it, it clearly says "AMD" on the fan sticker, just like the recent revision that was made. The "pixelated" looking outline of the text is on the plastic cover is actually just how a vinyl sticker looks over plastic. Not saying it can't be pshopped, but sure looks to have a higher probability of being real than it does fake. :eek:

EDIT: Incase someone isn't up on the AMD Radeon logos that were released when AMD mentioned shelving the ATi brand. http://www.techautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/AMDradeonLogos.jpg

Last edited:

Rebelstar

Display(s) custom thin bezel eyefinity 1x3 portrait
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Power Supply CoolerMaster SilentPro M850
Software Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Well, what should I to do with my DP-VGA adapter since new card using mini-DP. To order another f****g adapter to have this scheme? DP-VGA -> miniDP-DP -> 68XX
It's like AMD abandoned army of eyefinity users: "Well, f**k them. We'll design new card with the new mini-dp slot and we don't care about their DP-VGA adapters"
Very dissapointing.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
I just read that entire thread. That provided entertainment to me in a level that cannot be described by words. I vote the mods re-open it and let us all go back into it to start round 2: even invite dann back to join in. Maybe do a followup on the protest? :)

it's completely epic, I love it.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I wish ATI would stop putting display connectors across 2 slots. I want to be able to go single slot with a full coverage block.

W

wahdangun

hmm i hope this bart will be faster than cypress to justify the name change

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
Well, what should I to do with my DP-VGA adapter since new card using mini-DP. To order another f****g adapter to have this scheme? DP-VGA -> miniDP-DP -> 68XX
It's like AMD abandoned army of eyefinity users: "Well, f**k them. We'll design new card with the new mini-dp slot and we don't care about their DP-VGA adapters"
Very dissapointing.

i would assume that most if nto all board partners will include at least one mini-DP to DP cable as was done with the 5970 so anyone using a display port adaptor should hopefully have everything needed in the box with the card.