• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon MI100 "Arcturus" Alleged Specification Listed, the GPU Could be Coming in December

System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro AXi 550B
Cooling Custom water cooling CPU+GPU (dual 240mm radiators)
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX2080 Super Waterforce
Storage Adata M.2 SX8200Pro 1TB + 2TB Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD + 6TB WD hdd
Display(s) Acer Nitro XF252Q FullHD 240hz + 1440p 144hz AOC
Case CoolerMaster NR200 white
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis 9 Wireless headset
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software Windows 10
Zen 2 5.1GHz EZ bois just you wait
Vega will crush 1080 Ti it's so powerful just wait
Navi 10 $249 and 150W against 2080! novideo is dead bois

Yeah see I'm firmly of the belief that if you can't cite your source you're full of shit, and if you can site your source you shouldn't be talking. People with inside info don't go blabbing it on Youtube. At this point if Adored gets anything right it's because whoever his "sources" are accidentally predicted something while they were coming up with more fake slides to dangle on a string in front of his face.

He has a speculative channel. If You go into it believing it to be gods word and 100%, then there is something wrong with you. There are at least 10 website who post same speculative stuff all the time and nobody is nailing them to the cross, but for some unknown reason people love to hate AdoredTV. When he leaks something, it may well be some info that was current or relevant maybe 6-3 months ago, leakers themselves usually don't know how current or relevant that info is now. Usually leakers don't have the todays info or even yesterdays news, when it comes to hardware leaks.
When I watch Jim's vidoes, I just think along, what if ... i don't trust that info and set myself up for a big letdown.
Hell, when I even read newspapers today, from reputable outlets, I don't 100% believe those, because nobody is right 100% and is trusted.
And now you go in believing some YT channel (and I dont mean only AdoredTV here) and expect the info you get from person who analyses the data, that has been leaked or given from unknown source half of the time. That is messed up! You just set yourself up...
Even if he got something wrong, it does not mean that info was wrong also. It may have been 6 months old info, where he made his analysis.
You only can predict 100% right all the time, when the product is actually out! Everything else is always up in the air and can change.
Unless You are Lisa Su's or Jensen Huang's family and have inside info from the source :p

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
He has a speculative channel. If You go into it believing it to be gods word and 100%, then there is something wrong with you. There are at least 10 website who post same speculative stuff all the time and nobody is nailing them to the cross, but for some unknown reason people love to hate AdoredTV. When he leaks something, it may well be some info that was current or relevant maybe 6-3 months ago, leakers themselves usually don't know how current or relevant that info is now. Usually leakers don't have the todays info or even yesterdays news, when it comes to hardware leaks.
When I watch Jim's vidoes, I just think along, what if ... i don't trust that info and set myself up for a big letdown.
Hell, when I even read newspapers today, from reputable outlets, I don't 100% believe those, because nobody is right 100% and is trusted.
And now you go in believing some YT channel (and I dont mean only AdoredTV here) and expect the info you get from person who analyses the data, that has been leaked or given from unknown source half of the time. That is messed up! You just set yourself up...
Even if he got something wrong, it does not mean that info was wrong also. It may have been 6 months old info, where he made his analysis.
You only can predict 100% right all the time, when the product is actually out! Everything else is always up in the air and can change.
Unless You are Lisa Su's or Jensen Huang's family and have inside info from the source :p

Nonsense we shit all over Wccftech too. Some do at least. Others keep parroting it just like they do Adored.

To each his own... I think its a complete waste of time and so far havent been proven wrong. This sort if reporting has zero impact on anything, its just clickbait.

System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro AXi 550B
Cooling Custom water cooling CPU+GPU (dual 240mm radiators)
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX2080 Super Waterforce
Storage Adata M.2 SX8200Pro 1TB + 2TB Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD + 6TB WD hdd
Display(s) Acer Nitro XF252Q FullHD 240hz + 1440p 144hz AOC
Case CoolerMaster NR200 white
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis 9 Wireless headset
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software Windows 10
Nonsense we shit all over Wccftech too. Some do at least. Others keep parroting it just like they do Adored.

To each his own... I think its a complete waste of time and so far havent been proven wrong. This sort if reporting has zero impact on anything, its just clickbait.

Adored has been right at least most of his findings.
He called out first that Vega64 is much weaker than RTX2080Ti.
He was first one to release info about RTX naming scheme for Nvidia and the silicon names.
There were some Zen2 stuff also that he nailed, can't remember right now.
Jim actually analyses the info he gets, Wccftech and similar pages just publish the info they get without deep diving into it.

What have You been doing lately except calling others out?

This thread devolved into bickering about Adorned rather quickly...not that I'm surprised.

He guessed right a few times, that is enough these days. In some strange reality its apparently not important you missed over half your predictions along with it, I guess that's the internet for ya.

Or maybe they just misinterpreted his funny accent. I can't listen to it for any longer than 5 minutes, and since the man usually has 45+ minute monologues...

To be fair I think even Wccftech has a higher hit rate than him.

He actually is one of the best tech analysts these days in my opinion. You have to keep in mind that internal sources/info aren't missed predictions, rather then are half baked information that aren't set in stone. Companies adjust things and make changes as they go, and often you will hear the leakers report on those too. Final specifications of products are somewhat fluid until very close up to release at the final stage of production (based on yield and market positioning etc.)

I remember when everyone was all hyped up about AMDs Arcturus architecture, but then I believe it was Adoredtv that mentioned Arcturus was one product rather than an architecture. And now it is starting to surface that the top CDNA chip is codenamed Arcturus.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Now that Raj, sorry your GPU is late and sucks is gone to Intel to deliver Xe, Xi, Xem, Phlegm, whatever they seem to be gaining momentum. I just hope it doesn't turn into another power hungry mediocre performing part. Even if it takes another try.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
This covers every news outlet, including our very own TPU. Fake slides are something else, you have to have a pretty big production to fake slides enough to make them look even slightly believable.

The 2nd bold, should maintain that every website contains some form of regurgitated rumors and wetnaps to wipe up drool.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
He actually is one of the best tech analysts these days in my opinion. You have to keep in mind that internal sources/info aren't missed predictions, rather then are half baked information that aren't set in stone. Companies adjust things and make changes as they go, and often you will hear the leakers report on those too. Final specifications of products are somewhat fluid until very close up to release at the final stage of production (based on yield and market positioning etc.)

I remember when everyone was all hyped up about AMDs Arcturus architecture, but then I believe it was Adoredtv that mentioned Arcturus was one product rather than an architecture. And now it is starting to surface that the top CDNA chip is codenamed Arcturus.

There is a saying for that... in the land of the blind, one-eyed man is king.

That is really all this is. He doesn't analyse shit, he makes educated guesses and has a few sources. The vast majority just can't be arsed to even look into these kind of rumors because like me, they honestly don't give a damn because product only counts when its on shelves and specs are combined with the other necessary metrics such as price point, TDPs, actual release time and availability, etc. Those are the minutia that make or break a product. Not the idea of it having 3500 or 4000 shaders. Remember the HBM hype? Everyone and his dog had to have it. Today we're looking at GDDR6. What's the point of all of it?

This whole tech rumor mill has never been my thing, all Adored does for me is take it to another level with an annoying accent and overall tone of voice, and a brutally long monologue of boredom and graphs. That is all, really. So sure, if you want to step into the rumor arena and get thrown from left to right all the time with what you're supposed to believe, Adored and a range of other 'Tubers are your first stop.

I'm not that guy. Sure, some speculating based on semi-confirmed/credible info, but I don't attribute much value to it in any way shape or form, and neither should anyone else, because in the end, that is all AdoredTV does: speculate. Hopefully its true but again, what's that going to help you with? The only value this sort of info has is to start yet another completely misguided hype train forum topic only to get disappointed or completely overhyped when product hits shelves. I've never really seen the merit of that, I'm not that kind of slave to commerce or herd mentality... To each his own...

I appraise technology and releases differently altogether, to be honest. I'm way past chasing the cutting edge and diving on every hype that gets thrown out there, because once you've seen a few generations... you've really seen them all. Adored knows this... now his subscribers still need to have that penny drop. He's got a good business model and a good following of gullible fools.

I know this is not going to land as a popular message. I hope you can get past the emotional first response because yes this is a straight up judgment on all his followers including you. Some things need to be said, apparently. Its not personal though - nothing against you or any other individual. Its something to consider, usually we only realize things like this have been happening to us in hindsight.

Adored has been right at least most of his findings.
He called out first that Vega64 is much weaker than RTX2080Ti.
He was first one to release info about RTX naming scheme for Nvidia and the silicon names.
There were some Zen2 stuff also that he nailed, can't remember right now.
Jim actually analyses the info he gets, Wccftech and similar pages just publish the info they get without deep diving into it.

What have You been doing lately except calling others out?

What I've been doing? Being a dad, having a life beyond the internet, you know, the usual things. TPU takes a half hour out of it as well, a half hour ten times more enjoyable and useful than ever watching 30 minutes of AdoredTV (or other Tuber) nonsense ;) I don't think its a relevant question though, I'm not looking for subs.

It doesn't even register to me that he's often right. I simply don't care because I don't consider him a credible or trustworthy source and likely never will. You only need to be wrong a few times to land in that position with me, btw.

Last edited:
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
The reason greenboi hate him so much is him calling out NV BS in all its historical glory.

System Name MARHAEN dinosaur age old tech PC
Processor i5 3470
Motherboard MSI ZH77A
Cooling Generic Deep Cool
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz x2
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX580 Nitro 8GB
Storage 1x 1gb hdd, 2x 2tb hdd
Display(s) Songren 27" 144hz
Case Cooler Master
Audio Device(s) Built-in
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS 700W Bronze
Well.. i'm a non native english speaker. For me jim's scottish accented english is really lovely to be listening to. Much better to my ears than "amarayka" english. Infact i'm much more excited to listen to variety of english accent of the UK than "amarayka". Cheers...kipidap, dongibap.