• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT Unboxing

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
While true, that adds more latency than a DP to HDMI cable..
It does? It's the same DP signal that gets converted, so ... well, I guess it's possible that the USB-C controller adds a few ms of latency, but I sincerely doubt that would be noticeable when combine with the rest of the rendering/output/display chain. Of course, as you say, get a DP-to-HDMI adapter instead. I would guess the chances of anyone needing two HDMI and two DP at the same time while refusing to use an adapter for either are rather slim. One of those four displays isn't going to be latency sensitive.

It does? It's the same DP signal that gets converted, so ... well, I guess it's possible that the USB-C controller adds a few ms of latency
It's not a lot, but it can be detected with certain games.
I would guess the chances of anyone needing two HDMI and two DP at the same time while refusing to use an adapter for either are rather slim. One of those four displays isn't going to be latency sensitive.
That's a fair point.