• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon VII 16 GB

D

Deleted member 185088

Very disappointed, AMD should've at least put the same number of cores as Vega 64, beating the 2080 should've been the priority nothing else is acceptable, everything about this card is bad relatively speaking, nVidia annoyingly (because as a customer we want more competition to drive the prices down) can use a 2 year old GPU to beat it. What a waste.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
At the bottom of the thread is always the show ignored thing... I'll have to train myself to it that...or assume people arent talking to nobody moving forward. :toast:

Ty. :)

System Name Strix-13700K
Processor Intel i7-13700K
Motherboard Asus Strix-A D4
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite LCD
Memory Thermaltake ToughRam 4 x 8GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080 12GB
Storage Western digital Black SN850 1TB - PCIe Gen 4 M.2-2 and Western Digital Blue 1TB SN750 PCIe Gen 3
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG341CQR Ulta-wide 3440x1440p 144Hz and a Samsung 50 inch TV 4K TV
Case NZXT H7 Flow
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G5 1000w Gold
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro Mouse
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE MK2 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 = 31270 Multicore test
Lets get some facts out of the way, with respect to 7nm Navi and this Radeon VII variant.
* Navi is suppose to be a Brand New GPU Micro-Architecture and NONE gcn based.

* AMD's CEO Confirms Navi for 2019, with a possible Q2 2019 release for low & mid range Navi's.
* The higher end Navi is looking at a Q4 2019 release time schedule.
* The Radeon VII is or was meant for the professional(s). And tied against the 2080 Nvidia GPU. Based on its high memory, which no game will take advantage of. And the unnecessary high cost components which don't translate in better gaming performance per watt nor $$$. Again, meant for the professional(s) i.e. Huge 16GB . It could also be a 7nm test stop gap, somewhat to simply test the waters with 7nm. But it's not meant for everybody nor was it meant to sell 100's of 1,000's either.
* Can the Radeon VII play any game at 1080p? 1440p? 2160p? with high enough settings? Absolutely YES. It's just not really meant as a gaming card.
* The Radeon VII is AMD's fastest GPU out to date. In relation to its Nvidia competition, it's simply too costly.

Now having said that, Who's Excited about 7nm Navi?

I am. AMD has the upper hand in both CPU & GPU. The AMD ZEN project proved successful and forced Intel down on its knees. AMD is also 1st with 7nm. I can only imagine they will want to capitalize on this as soon as architecturally possible (7nm Navi / Zen 3). This will put them in a much needed lead, seeing how the Underdog AMD is battling two fierce competitors, that are very well known for devious anti-competitive practices (Hard Facts).

Are you Excited about 7nm Navi? And why?

And AMD isn't devious??? You said it yourself and I quote '* The Radeon VII is or was meant for the professional(s).' and 'Again, meant for the professional(s)'.....AMD have launched this GPU as a Gaming GPU....no where does it say for 'professionals' on any of the boxes...They also launched a RX 560 with cut down cores and still called it the same name!!!! No I know both Nvidia and Intel have the same FUD marketing and do some fairly dodgy stuff to get people to buy there products but please do not say AMD is the white knight as it is not...It's a business with shareholders.....Intel have been at the top only becouse AMD on the CPU side made a huge mistake with Bulldozer/Piledriver etc, etc...Allowing Intel to speed away. With Zen they have gotten back to the top and long may this continue....

As to the Vega 7, It's not bad and hardcore AMD fans will be more than happy, it's just 2 years too late and can only just match or slightly beat the GTX 1080ti. With the RTX 2080 at least it does have additional new technology in the RT Cores and Tensor cores....okay we do not have much in terms of games that can actually use it but they can at least say we have new tech and if DXR/DLSS does take off then it will only get worse for AMD as Nvidia will have a generational lead in this new arena....and by the way, it is still at least $100 to expensive...If AMD had released the Vega 7 at say $500 or even $550 it would have been great as at least the value would have been there.

As to NAVI, I pray it's good as we so badly need proper compitition and we cannot blame Nvidia for AMD not being good enough in the GPU space...Fingers crossed Navi can compete but boy with the next gen RTX cards which will be die shrunk and even more effecient it is going to be very hard to beat...That is why we need NAVI to be stellar...

And finally I am not a fan of any company, just the company that can give me the best performance all around at the price I want to pay or have budgeted for....I don't care if it is AMD, Intel or Nvidia or any other company for that matter.

Last edited:
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
And AMD isn't devious??? You said it yourself and I quote '* The Radeon VII is or was meant for the professional(s).' and 'Again, meant for the professional(s)'.....AMD have launched this GPU as a Gaming GPU....no where does it say for 'professionals' on any of the boxes...They also launched a RX 560 with cut down cores and still called it the same name!!!! No I know both Nvidia and Intel have the same FUD marketing and do some fairly dodgy stuff to get people to buy there products but please do not say AMD is the white knight as it is not...It's a business with shareholders.....Intel have been at the top only becouse AMD on the CPU side made a huge mistake with Bulldozer/Piledriver etc, etc...Allowing Intel to speed away. With Zen they have gotten back to the top and long may this continue....

As to the Vega 7, It's not bad and hardcore AMD fans will be more than happy, it's just 2 years too late and can only just match or slightly beat the GTX 1080ti. With the RTX 2080 at least it does have additional new technology in the RT Cores and Tensor cores....okay we do not have much in terms of games that can actually use it but they can at least say we have new tech and if DXR/DLSS does take off then it will only get worse for AMD as Nvidia will have a generational lead in this new arena....and by the way, it is still at least $100 to expensive...If AMD had released the Vega 7 at say $500 or even $550 it would have been great as at least the value would have been there.

As to NAVI, I pray it's good as we so badly need proper compitition and we cannot blame Nvidia for AMD not being good enough in the GPU space...Fingers crossed Navi can compete but boy with the next gen RTX cards which will be die shrunk and even more effecient it is going to be very hard to beat...That is why we need NAVI to be stellar...

And finally I am not a fan of any company, just the company that can give me the best performance all around at the price I want to pay or have budgeted for....I don't care if it is AMD, Intel or Nvidia or any other company for that matter.
I'm talking about the Many Times both Intel and Nvidia done stuff to hurt the AMD Brand.

Sure AMD is devious to a certain extent, but usually causes harm to itself. Lol

With regards to Navi, I too hope AMD pulls a rabbit out of the hat this time.

But I do blame Nvidia for its BS Anti Consumerism nonsense they tried to pull on AMD recently.
Less we forget.

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
I still don't get why AMD always keep raw gpu compute power in their gaming gpu.
just stripped off these junks ffs. lol

:oops:

System Name His - Hers - Guest - Guest - Guest
Processor 2700X - i7 5960x - i7 990x - 930 -i7 870 - i7 870
Motherboard MSI B450 ITX - Evga X99 - X58 - x58 - P55 FTW 200's
Memory 16GB - 8G
Video Card(s) Radeon VII - GTX770 x 3
Storage SSD
Display(s) 4K
Case Antec 1200, 1200, 900, 900
Power Supply Antec 1200 watt
Software Windows 7 Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Because it literally is MI50 card rebranded as Radeon VII. AMD failed so hard on AI so they are trying to sell their stock as gaming gpu. I've applied for their AI platform 3 years ago and haven't heard from ever since. No one got accepted to their platform because there is no platform. amd is a troll.

If you listen to AMD Q4 earnings you would know they dodge the crypto drop due to higher Epyc and instinct cards sales much much higher.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
What? The RX Vega 7 uses 30W more than a RTX 2080 Ti, how come that 30W more is big of a deal? Of course not as good considering the RTX 2080 Ti is a bit faster but having a GPU that uses slightly more power than the RTX 2080 Ti and just being around 18% slower average, isn't big of a deal considering the RTX 2080 Ti is twice more expensive. I think PC gaming is not your suit.
He is just an AMD hater, been for over a decade in Finnish HW sites Muropaketti and io-tech.

And his Finnish is as "good" as his Finnish. Just ignore that crap.

Again, Wizzard's performance summary paints Radeon 7 in the worst possible light out of all the big sites. It's like an anomaly. This is partly because of the choice of old titles or severely unoptimized games for AMD (this is no-one but AMD's fault, but still, it skews the performance figures) included in the suite.

In DX12 there is no question the Radeon 7 is on par with a GTX 2080. But when you throw in stuff like Dragon Quest XI, where performance is something like 30%+ worse (!!) or Divinity Original Sin, Hellblade etc, the average goes right down, leading him to conclude performance is comparable to a 2070, not a 2080. That is a joke. Sure, if you play old unoptimized DX11 games, that's the case.

In games where the drivers are there, like Battlefield 5, it is faster than a 2080 and will only continue to get faster in the coming months.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
In games where the drivers are there, like Battlefield 5, it is faster than a 2080 and will only continue to get faster in the coming months.

Please stop to logically interpret your own statement. By implication, you're admitting AMD don't make good drivers for games. Ironically, DX12 removes much of that overhead.
There is a flip side to this where Nvidia focus on a DX12 driver to get impressive performance. Basically what you're saying is, when the driver team tries hard, the hardware shines. This is equally true for both Nvidia and AMD.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Some dry ice oc of Radeon 7 from Debauer in a new video shows clocks reaching 2149Hz. He suggests that it is achievable and the only problem is the driver's immaturity. So, AMD made a bad launch again due to the drivers not being ready.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
You know this is a piece of news from Wccftech itself, which is mostly one guy sitting in a basement. This is the same "source" who generated contradictory info on Nvidia Turing all the way up to a couple weeks ahead of release. I never trust the news Wccftech "source" themselves.
So I would appreciate a "real" source, or at least a more reputable one.

I don't doubt their internal target is/was end of Q2 2019 for the smaller Navi chip(s). But if this was still true, then normally they should have fully working engineering samples by now, and if they did, they certainly would have showed them off at CES. There is still a marginal chance their next stepping is solving all the problems and good enough for volume production, but don't be surprised if the launch slides into August or later.

* The Radeon VII is or was meant for the professional(s). And tied against the 2080 Nvidia GPU.
Not true in general gaming, and you know it.

The AMD ZEN project proved successful and forced Intel down on its knees. AMD is also 1st with 7nm. I can only imagine they will want to capitalize on this as soon as architecturally possible (7nm Navi / Zen 3).
We all appreciate AMD's return to relevance in the CPU market, and I belive Zen 2 will expand their foothold in both the desktop and server markets.
But we still have to remember the fact that AMD is still playing catch up with Intel in terms of core speed. And also the fact that Ice Lake(Sunny Cove) has been ready for two years, just waiting for a suitable node. So AMD's return to relevance is not just their own achievement, but at least as much Intel struggling with their new node. If Intel had foreseen these issues and made a backup plan of backporting Ice Lake to 14nm instead of Coffee Lake (their actual backup plan), then Zen and Zen2 would have had much tougher competition. So a lot of AMD's success is just because of Intel's misfortune, and that is not something you can assume will continue.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Again, Wizzard's performance summary paints Radeon 7 in the worst possible light out of all the big sites. It's like an anomaly. This is partly because of the choice of old titles or severely unoptimized games for AMD (this is no-one but AMD's fault,
I’m curious why the mix of titles is a bad thing. Will a Radeon 7 user only play games in which the game was optimized for AMD or made in DX12? With my last AMD card I didn’t decide to not play certain games just because they work better with Nvidia cards.

I really don’t understand why then we shouldn’t see a performance summary rating, since it includes a wide variety of games played.

Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Keyboard Trust GXT280
I’m curious why the mix of titles is a bad thing. Will a Radeon 7 user only play games in which the game was optimized for AMD or made in DX12? With my last AMD card I didn’t decide to not play certain games just because they work better with Nvidia cards.

I really don’t understand why then we shouldn’t see a performance summary rating, since it includes a wide variety of games played.
In fact, some games in @W1zzard 's review are heavily biased for nVidia GPUs (Darksiders 3 gives 30% diff, Civ6 gives 28% diff, Dragon Quest XI gives 43% diff and Hitman 2 gives 35% diff @1440P). On the other side, only Strange Brigade gives 10% diff for Radeon 7. Without those games, the difference on average would be 9% @1440P and 5% in 4K. The 2080 would win for sure but not by that far. Guru3D's review results on average are exaclty the ones without those biased games. And some DX12 games are absent also (Sniper Elite 4). I am not judging the professionalism of our @W1zzard but I am suggesting him some changes in his gamelist that would make the results better balanced.

What does that mean?

Who are you talking to? Quote that person unless its directly above you...so confusing...

Anyway, its performance (according to most/all reviews) and market positioning (according to AMD) is that of the RTX 2080... of which its 90W (average gaming) higher than and performs, in general slower than. If you want to go off TDP, that is 225W vs 300W, or around 30% more power use for generally lesser performance. You are, for some odd reason, basing it off a card that is dozens of percent faster (39% @ QHD/UHD) and not intended to compete with. Compare like things. ;)

(data is from TPU, FYI). So I'm not sure where you are seeing the 2080Ti is a "bit" faster...unless a 'bit' is 39%... Hell a 'bit' isn't even 20%... :shadedshu::wtf:

I don't trust intel.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
In fact, some games in @W1zzard 's review are heavily biased for nVidia GPUs (Darksiders 3 gives 30% diff, Civ6 gives 28% diff, Dragon Quest XI gives 43% diff and Hitman 2 gives 35% diff @1440P). On the other side, only Strange Brigade gives 10% diff for Radeon 7. Without those games, the difference on average would be 9% @1440P and 5% in 4K. The 2080 would win for sure but not by that far. Guru3D's review results on average are exaclty the ones without those biased games.
What exactly makes Battlefield, DX:MD or Strange Brigade a less biased game? :)
Hitman used to be a very AMD-favorable benchmark up until some point, Hitman 2 is a direct sequel.

Please stop to logically interpret your own statement. By implication, you're admitting AMD don't make good drivers for games. Ironically, DX12 removes much of that overhead.
There is a flip side to this where Nvidia focus on a DX12 driver to get impressive performance. Basically what you're saying is, when the driver team tries hard, the hardware shines. This is equally true for both Nvidia and AMD.

Nope, it's well known that Nvidia optimised Turing heavily for Battlefield engine, specifically BF5 DX12. They've both done that - and the Radeon 7 is still faster.

And don't be silly - Nvidia have invested far more money and investment into their DX12 drivers than AMD and they're still behind in lots of titles.

You know this is a piece of news from Wccftech itself, which is mostly one guy sitting in a basement. This is the same "source" who generated contradictory info on Nvidia Turing all the way up to a couple weeks ahead of release. I never trust the news Wccftech "source" themselves.
So I would appreciate a "real" source, or at least a more reputable one.

I don't doubt their internal target is/was end of Q2 2019 for the smaller Navi chip(s). But if this was still true, then normally they should have fully working engineering samples by now, and if they did, they certainly would have showed them off at CES. There is still a marginal chance their next stepping is solving all the problems and good enough for volume production, but don't be surprised if the launch slides into August or later.

Not true in general gaming, and you know it.

We all appreciate AMD's return to relevance in the CPU market, and I belive Zen 2 will expand their foothold in both the desktop and server markets.
But we still have to remember the fact that AMD is still playing catch up with Intel in terms of core speed. And also the fact that Ice Lake(Sunny Cove) has been ready for two years, just waiting for a suitable node. So AMD's return to relevance is not just their own achievement, but at least as much Intel struggling with their new node. If Intel had foreseen these issues and made a backup plan of backporting Ice Lake to 14nm instead of Coffee Lake (their actual backup plan), then Zen and Zen2 would have had much tougher competition. So a lot of AMD's success is just because of Intel's misfortune, and that is not something you can assume will continue.

I think you are Way Off.
Wccftech is a reputable site. Claiming otherwise is simply your opinion. They've been 1st to break news many times over again. I also hold Fudzilla with the same high regard.

In DX12 the Radeon VII is on par with the 2080 no matter what anybody says. Unless dozens of review sites are lying.

With regards to Navi, those words came out of AMDs CEO. And look at the time stamp, it wasn't that long ago.

Of course in the end, it's all speculation till the hard facts come out.

Keyboard Trust GXT280
What exactly makes Battlefield, DX:MD or Strange Brigade a less biased game? :)
Hitman used to be a very AMD-favorable benchmark up until some point, Hitman 2 is a direct sequel.
Only the previous Hitman title in its DX12 setting was clearly better for AMD GPUs. The Hitman Absolution and the Hitman 2 ones are much better on nVidia GPUs. Check the reviews of the past in this site and you will find that out.

Nope, it's well known that Nvidia optimised Turing heavily for Battlefield engine, specifically BF5 DX12. They've both done that - and the Radeon 7 is still faster.

And don't be silly - Nvidia have invested far more money and investment into their DX12 drivers than AMD and they're still behind in lots of titles.
Don't confuse Nvidia's shady business practises with investments. And how terrible they treat so called partners.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
I think you are Way Off.
Wccftech is a reputable site. Claiming otherwise is simply your opinion. They've been 1st to break news many times over again. I also hold Fudzilla with the same high regard.
Then I would kindly suggest to check your compass.
Wccftech, Videocardz and Fudzilla are known as low quality sources. That's based on their reporting, not my options. The only time they are on top of real news are the times they are referring to others. Wccftech has been serving so much false information just the past year that you shouldn't take any of their "own sources" seriously any more.

In DX12 the Radeon VII is on par with the 2080 no matter what anybody says. Unless dozens of review sites are lying.
AMD is glorious no matter what the evidence says…
Still spinning the DirectX 12 is better for AMD myth… Also ignoring the games where AMD is performing worse in DirectX 12 than 11. We are still waiting for games which use DirectX 12 without an abstraction layer to emulate DirectX 11, and what we see in games are more results of bias, many of which due to being ports from consoles.

Then I would kindly suggest to check your compass.
Wccftech, Videocardz and Fudzilla are known as low quality sources. That's based on their reporting, not my options. The only time they are on top of real news are the times they are referring to others. Wccftech has been serving so much false information just the past year that you shouldn't take any of their "own sources" seriously any more.

AMD is glorious no matter what the evidence says…
Still spinning the DirectX 12 is better for AMD myth… Also ignoring the games where AMD is performing worse in DirectX 12 than 11. We are still waiting for games which use DirectX 12 without an abstraction layer to emulate DirectX 11, and what we see in games are more results of bias, many of which due to being ports from consoles.
I think you are confused. I never said AMD is better in DX12. I clearly said review sites show the VII does better in DX12 and stays on par with the 2080. You clearly must have missed a few of my previous posts.

With regards to Wccftech and Fudzilla we will agree to disagree.

This is a copy & paste of my posting in a Reddit Thread.

HOLD ON, THAT'S WRONG. You can not increase mounting pressure in that location where the washer is located in the photo. Those tiny springs are just there to hole the screws so they don't fall-out, but it can also be used as a stopper. The mounting pressure is from the way the X bracket is made near the centre. So to increase mounting pressure the washer needs to placed on the screw first, then go though the X bracket. The current placement of washer in the photo will reduce mounting pressure.

Adding a washer on the screw first will also make no difference whatsoever as there should be a stopper at the bottom of each screw hole on the X bracket itself or on the cooler, ie the screw hole, so that you can't over tighten the screws.

The only way to increase mounting pressure is to increase the height of the pads (normally black rubber) on the inner part of the X bracket. You can see this on the underside of the X bracket which looks like four rubber pads, normally glued to the X bracket. This what it looks like on my R9 Nano & I expect most cards that use the X bracket will be more or less the same.

EDIT: Another way is to file down the stopper at each screw hole on the X bracket or on the cooler & you may have to remove all four springs, as this can also be your limiter.

NOTE: The stopper itself could be the spring itself or it's built on the cooler, ie the screw hole, which means you have to cut this down. All modifications not recommended, but the safest one is changing the four most inner rubber pads.
washers.jpg

Last edited: