• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Releases Balanced Power Plan for Windows; Optimized for Ryzen Processors

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
In another Community Update from Robert Hallock, some more developments on the platform have been announced, after the last one's commitment to upcoming updates. AMD has done good on their promise for an optimized power profile for Windows systems that better leverages Ryzen's design and features.AMD's SenseMI technology allows the processor to fine-tune voltages and frequency on-the-fly, with a much higher granularity and lower latency than any software-based solution - such as Windows 10's power plans. These transitions between frequencies and voltages are governed by "P-States", which are frequency/voltage combinations requested by the operating system.

It so happens that Windows 10's Balanced power plan delays changes towards faster P-states - which bring increased frequency and voltage and hence, power consumption - so as to save more power. However, this means that there is an increased delay (latency) between the moment more processing power is required of the Ryzen processor and the moment the processor is allowed to change P-states to deliver it. Add to this the fact that Ryzen takes a significant performance hit with core-parking enabled, and Windows 10's balanced power plan attempts to park all logical processors beyond the first 10% whenever possible means that most of Ryzen's cores will have to be unparked before they can process any kind of workload - and this in itself incurs in an increased latency and, therefore, performance penalty.

AMD's "Ryzen Balanced" power plan works by reducing the timers and thresholds for P-state transitions to improve clockspeed ramping, which lets the processor's SenseMI technology do its work; and disables core parking altogether (which really shouldn't be a problem, considering Ryzen's energy-efficient design.) AMD says that the performance gains are actually on par with the High Performance plan in various games, on a computer configured with an AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, a Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming5, 2x 8 GB DDR4-2933, a GeForce GTX 1080 (378.92 driver), and Windows 10 x64 (build 1607).

AMD says there are other games they've seen benefits in (Total War: WARHAMMER, Alien: Isolation, Crysis 3, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 4, Project Cars and other unnamed ones). AMD says that not every game behaves in a way where a change in power plans has an impact on the Ryzen processor, but there is definitely a considerable number of them to warrant a change.

It really is commendable to see AMD so invested with its community updates, improving a platform that had some quirks on launch day (and still has, though fewer in number.)

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
So I get gaming improvements without losing power savings feature. Sold!

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
So, windows was or wasn't a problem in the way the os handled the CPU loads? :p

Great move to introduce a tool from AMD themselves to solve what MS should handle from start.

System Name Ed-PC
Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus TUF Z690 PLUS Wifi D4
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Memory Crucial Ballistix DDR4 C16@3600 16GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia MSI 970
Storage Samsung 980, 860evo
Case Lian Li Lancool II mesh Perf
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
If you look at what they changed, it's no longer balance plan IMO.
They raised the min processor state from 5% to 90%, so its almost HP in that regard.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
They raised the min processor state from 5% to 90%, so its almost HP in that regard.

I'm pretty sure that is the point. By setting it to 90%, you essentially take the OS out of deciding the P-States. The OS is too slow at switching the P-States and is too biased towards the low ones. The processor and the built in SenseMI will then handle the P-States.

It would be cool if @W1zzard could do a quick test to check idle clock speeds and power consumption using the Stock Balanced plan, the AMD Ryzen Balanced plan, and the High Performance plan.

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Motherboard MSI Meg X570s Ace Max
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600Mhz @ 16/19/20/36 1.35v
Video Card(s) MSI 3080ti with Alphacool Block
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro

They raised the WINDOWS min processor state...Ryzen is a different beast. All power management is handled by a (purportedly self learning) processor on the die itself (SenseMI). This should allow the hardware itself to regulate its own power management and not rely on software for it, thereby bypassing Windows.

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting what SenseMI is, which is completely possible.

JAT

Edit: Ninja'd by Newtekie

System Name Ed-PC
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
They raised the WINDOWS min processor state...Ryzen is a different beast. All power management is handled by a (purportedly self learning) processor on the die itself (SenseMI). This should allow the hardware itself to regulate its own power management and not rely on software for it, thereby bypassing Windows.

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting what SenseMI is, which is completely possible.

JAT

Edit: Ninja'd by Newtekie
That's marketing PR, you can do same thing on any CPU, Intel etc, yeh you get a small improvements but like I said its more a HP power plan. meaning clocks will jump to max instead of stepping through them with demand.

Test?
https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/AMD-Releases-Ryzen-Balanced-Power-Plan-Test-Results-Inside

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix B450-I
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock TF 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage 480GB MyDigitalSSD NVME
Display(s) AOC CU34G2X
Power Supply 850w
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 5
Ran some tests last night using a power meter and found that, even when forcing no clock change or downvolts, Ryzen... uh... finds a way.

Minimum reported power usage at idle:

63.2w on Balanced (50% core park)
64.4w on BIOS forced max clock speed (Ryzen w/ .00025v reduction)
64.7w on Ryzen Balanced
65.0w on High Performance
67.1w on BIOS Fixed Voltage (Ryzen)

1.8w swing between Balanced and HP is pretty good.

Last edited:
System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
So, more or less what happened with bulldozer (disabling core parking patch). :oops: Good on AMD to optimize it for everyone this easily
Heh, I'll do my fine tuning manually trough the registry like before, same effect but I get to customize it :D

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
That's marketing PR, you can do same thing on any CPU, Intel etc, yeh you get a small improvements but like I said its more a HP power plan. meaning clocks will jump to max instead of stepping through them with demand.

Test?
https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/AMD-Releases-Ryzen-Balanced-Power-Plan-Test-Results-Inside

Not sure what your beef is or agenda but they clearly explain what is happening. The consumption differences are small, but the effect in performance is not.

Since Windows power management (not the scheduler) is not yet Ryzen aware, its default settings result in overly aggressive core parking when driving a Ryzen CPU. Until a lower level change can take place, AMD has released a custom Ryzen Balanced Power Plan that tweaks some of the P-state transition values and a few other settings to help realize the performance gains previously seen by folks shifting to the High Performance mode while keeping idle power consumption much closer to that of the Balanced plan. Here are AMD’s claimed performance gains (vs. Balanced) with their new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan

Bottom line it's been explained pretty well here:

I'm pretty sure that is the point. By setting it to 90%, you essentially take the OS out of deciding the P-States. The OS is too slow at switching the P-States and is too biased towards the low ones. The processor and the built in SenseMI will then handle the P-States

System Name Ed-PC
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
Not sure what your beef is or agenda but they clearly explain what is happening. The consumption differences are small, but the effect in performance is not.

Bottom line it's been explained pretty well here:
My "beef" is calling this balanced optimized power plan, I have done the same on many CPU, no magic here anyone can edit power plan to get this, its so small improvement.
As for wattage usage, it should be extremely minimal when system is idle, only when some partial load would it go up anything noticeable.

This is a band aid/hack IMO until they fix it properly in OS or micro-code.

This could also be a side affect of having so many cores/threads but used on a low load app that only uses a handful. So you end up with low utilization on each core/thread so clocks don't ramp up fast.

Last edited:
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Keyboard Trust GXT280
My "beef" is calling this balanced optimized power plan, I have done the same on many CPU, no magic here anyone can edit power plan to get this, its so small improvement.
As for wattage usage, it should be extremely minimal when system is idle, only when some partial load would it go up anything noticeable.

This is a band aid/hack IMO until they fix it properly in OS or micro-code.

This could also be a side affect of having so many cores/threads but used on a low load app that only uses a handful. So you end up with low utilization on each core/thread so clocks don't ramp up fast.
Just don't compare new gen CPUs like Ryzen with tens of sensors on die with previous ones. Win10 is too old tech of sw to compare with latest tech hw features.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
So, windows was or wasn't a problem in the way the os handled the CPU loads? :p

Great move to introduce a tool from AMD themselves to solve what MS should handle from start.

Windows was and still is the problem. AMD stated in a press release that Windows wasn't causing issues but that was mostly ass kissing. While it isn't causing issues, it most certainly isn't optimal.

System Name 3950X Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact
Cooling Cryorig C1 with Noctua NF-A12x15
Memory G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1650 LP OC
Storage 2 x Corsair MP510 1920GB M.2 SSD
Case Realan E-i7
Power Supply G-Unique 400W
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/the-saga-of-the-little-gem-continues.12877/
Windows was and still is the problem. AMD stated in a press release that Windows wasn't causing issues but that was mostly ass kissing. While it isn't causing issues, it most certainly isn't optimal.

How can anyone blame Windows for not understanding the intricacies and peculiarities of a completely new CPU architecture and optimizing its operation accordingly by itself!!?

If any OS can do that, its developer should win a special Nobel prize because that would be an earth-shattering development in artificial intelligence.

Of course AMD won't say it was Window's or Microsoft's fault. They would be the laughing stock with such a ridiculous claim. In fact it's only AMD's fault not doing all these tests BEFORE marketing the product and not issuing optimizations such as this (and probably more that's on the way) on day 1 (heck, day 0).

Uğur Gümüşhan

I always want my hardware to adapt to the old software. Hardware can change, old software wont be compiled again or updated often.

How can anyone blame Windows for not understanding the intricacies and peculiarities of a completely new CPU architecture and optimizing its operation accordingly by itself!!?

If any OS can do that, its developer should win a special Nobel prize because that would be an earth-shattering development in artificial intelligence.

Of course AMD won't say it was Window's or Microsoft's fault. They would be the laughing stock with such a ridiculous claim. In fact it's only AMD's fault not doing all these tests BEFORE marketing the product and not issuing optimizations such as this (and probably more that's on the way) on day 1 (heck, day 0).

Totally agree, but I'd like to add that AMD prob didn't do that for lack of knowledge nor good will, but most likely $$ restraints and pressure for release (more $$ involved). As a 1700 owner, I'm quite happy with my purchase, specially because this thing is cooler and more power efficient than the equivalent Intels (heck, it even beats 4 core Intels), and as my PC is actually the HTPC, < power means < noise = win.

Keyboard Trust GXT280
Some ignorance around here...

HW will always get ahead of SW and SW will always try to catch up with HW. Just because HW introduces new features and abilities and THEN code gets patched to take advantage of them. Don't try to make MS seem good and AMD bad for the windows not being able to take advantage of Ryzen's totally new arch. It is proven now that windows wasn't ready to show Ryzen's true potential in all cases and needed some patches, updates or even this script that AMD made themselves.

Case Realan E-i7
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/the-saga-of-the-little-gem-continues.12877/
Some ignorance around here...

HW will always get ahead of SW and SW will always try to catch up with HW. Just because HW introduces new features and abilities and THEN code gets patched to take advantage of them. Don't try to make MS seem good and AMD bad for the windows not being able to take advantage of Ryzen's totally new arch. It is proven now that windows wasn't ready to show Ryzen's true potential in all cases and needed some patches, updates or even this script that AMD made themselves.

Talk about ignorance...

Why is it MS's responsibility for their OS to be READILY optimized for a completely new CPU architecture??

Really, you're contradicting even yourself: "HW will always get ahead of SW and SW will always try to catch up with HW. Just because HW introduces new features and abilities and THEN code gets patched to take advantage of them. "
This is correct, and it was never the OS developer's RESPONSIBILITY to optimize their OS for a new CPU architecture BY THEMSELVES. What happens typically, which is what also happened here, the CPU developer INFORMS the OS developer and CONTRIBUTES to said patches so everything works as it should. AMD can't expect anyone else but themselves to know all the ins and outs of their new CPU architecture.

AMD dropped the ball a little here, and I'm not trashing them for that, it's just the fact of the matter, as it is that they have limited resources to make everything perfect from day 1.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
FWIW Intel's Core arch was far from perfect on launch day and even in subsequent refreshes there was a host of issues, some even left unresolved entirely. Now this applied mostly to Intel's own chipset features, but still, it goes to show that every CPU launch has some hiccups.

Business as usual. Everything that is new will require some time and usage to reach its full potential. Once you launch a product, you get massive amounts of data to act on and support findings to improve a piece of software or hardware.

Keyboard Trust GXT280
Talk about ignorance...

Why is it MS's responsibility for their OS to be READILY optimized for a completely new CPU architecture??

Really, you're contradicting even yourself: "HW will always get ahead of SW and SW will always try to catch up with HW. Just because HW introduces new features and abilities and THEN code gets patched to take advantage of them. "
This is correct, and it was never the OS developer's RESPONSIBILITY to optimize their OS for a new CPU architecture BY THEMSELVES. What happens typically, which is what also happened here, the CPU developer INFORMS the OS developer and CONTRIBUTES to said patches so everything works as it should. AMD can't expect anyone else but themselves to know all the ins and outs of their new CPU architecture.

AMD dropped the ball a little here, and I'm not trashing them for that, it's just the fact of the matter, as it is that they have limited resources to make everything perfect from day 1.

I didn't about Win10 needing to be ready for Ruzen prior to the launch, or even in the 1st month after that. Is anything that I wrote wrong? If not, MS is the one responsible after the Ryzen's launch to make their OS operate optimal when using those CPUs and vice versa. Point is, MS left AMD make this small script and they didn't. Kudos to AMD, meh for MS from my side of view.

System Name Ed-PC
Cooling Noctua NH-14S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
I didn't about Win10 needing to be ready for Ruzen prior to the launch, or even in the 1st month after that. Is anything that I wrote wrong? If not, MS is the one responsible after the Ryzen's launch to make their OS operate optimal when using those CPUs and vice versa. Point is, MS left AMD make this small script and they didn't. Kudos to AMD, meh for MS from my side of view.
Sorry, that's just wrong, its not MS fault, its up to AMD to supply fix/code for "there" CPU, its all on there hands.
If I got a new fangled GPU would it be upto MS for drivers and support, of course not.

Anyway, all this should of been taken care of months before release.
Also for last two gen Intel uses HW for speedstep tech, not relying on the OS, which ends up much faster latency response.

Case Realan E-i7
Software Win 10 Pro
I always want my hardware to adapt to the old software. Hardware can change, old software wont be compiled again or updated often.

Old software is baggage for new hardware as is old hardware for new software. Expecting new HW support old SW makes only myopic sense and hinders progress if granted.

All in all, I'm not bashing AMD at all, and true that all new CPU architectures including Intel's had initial hiccups and everything got optimized as best they could in time. Same thing with AMD, which I'm rooting for. I'm on a mobile workstation now and can't see myself building a desktop in the near future (unless I win the lottery, lol), and I'm eagerly waiting for 8-core Ryzen parts inside a mobile workstation / desktop replacement notebook :toast:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
FWIW Intel's Core arch was far from perfect on launch day and even in subsequent refreshes there was a host of issues, some even left unresolved entirely. Now this applied mostly to Intel's own chipset features, but still, it goes to show that every CPU launch has some hiccups.

Business as usual. Everything that is new will require some time and usage to reach its full potential. Once you launch a product, you get massive amounts of data to act on and support findings to improve a piece of software or hardware.

I know my G3220 and Windows 10 stock ramps up the clocks way to slowly. Disabling Speedstep makes a massive difference in everyday use.

:laugh:

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Sorry, that's just wrong, its not MS fault, its up to AMD to supply fix/code for "there" CPU, its all on there hands.
If I got a new fangled GPU would it be upto MS for drivers and support, of course not.

Anyway, all this should of been taken care of months before release.
Also for last two gen Intel uses HW for speedstep tech, not relying on the OS, which ends up much faster latency response.

How the ? do you know AMD didn't address this with MS already? Do you think they create something new without giving feedback to their partners? And your "beef" is with what they call it, lmao. Who cares what your beef is? What the hell is this with MS on a platform BS. MS sucks ass. They keep screwing customers over every chance they get and they don't give a flying five. How many times do they need to break Windows 10 this month? Then steal how much more of your info? And you expect them to be on top of any new hardware, gimmie a break.