• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Releases Even More RX 6900 XT and RX 6800 XT Benchmarks Tested on Ryzen 9 5900X

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Considering they had consoles las generation as well, how did that whole optimizing for AMD architecture go?
So consider, is GPU physx big in game's ,what about Cuda ,is that big in game's because direct compute is, as is tesselation, an Rx580 will meet the minimum specs at least of any game released since it's birth.
Did Nvidia bring more performance at times, yes of course but that doesn't preclude AMD having good support for their features.
And GCN looked pretty effing capable until afew years after last gen consoles came out, about the Maxwell era no?.

And GCN looked pretty effing capable until afew years after last gen consoles came out, about the Maxwell era no?.
To be honest, not really. I can recall the times radeon technology presentations used to end with, "you can access me personally for the last 10% custom hardware tuning, so I get to keep my job as well as yourself" when it still was ATi.
They never worked perfect out of the box.

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
To be honest, not really. I can recall the times radeon technology presentations used to end with, "you can access me personally for the last 10% custom hardware tuning, so I get to keep my job as well as yourself" when it still was ATi.
I disagree I think, and wtaf does Ati have to do with anything in this debate or the last console generation, it's fine to disagree but try and stay relevant.

What the actual ffff so I did something special the last few AMD generations without even knowing it? Tune what?!.

They didn't end like that in my country, source please.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
So consider, is GPU physx big in game's ,what about Cuda ,is that big in game's because direct compute is, as is tesselation, an Rx580 will meet the minimum specs at least of any game released since it's birth.
Did Nvidia bring more performance at times, yes of course but that doesn't preclude AMD having good support for their features.

My point was that AMD had last gen consoles and games are no more optimized for them now then they were before.

However, AMD now appears to have a winner so most of this is moot.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
My point was that AMD had last gen consoles and games are no more optimized for them now then they were before.

However, AMD now appears to have a winner so most of this is moot.
So stop adding irrelevant bits, and I got your main point and still disagree.
Every new game released worked here and performance got optimised over a few months via driver, and I can prove it via AMD driver release notes.
Can you provide any proof your opinion is right?.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
:( such distrust over something so little...
Distrust, I am fact checked often why not you.
And I watched every GPU release done since GPU were a thing and don't recall AMD saying what you accuse them of saying every time?! Or more importantly even once.

Distrust, I am fact checked often why not you.
And I watched every GPU release done since GPU were a thing and don't recall AMD saying what you accuse them of saying every time?! Or more importantly even once.
It was a developer session. You are literally throwing me into the hay sack with what you did there. I'm an astroturfer for sake of the argument. It is your duty to prove anything...

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
It was a developer session. You are literally throwing me into the hay sack with what you did there. I'm an astroturfer for sake of the argument. It is your duty to prove anything...
A developer session told you you had to custom tune your hardware to get 10%.
I'm laughing I'll leave it at that.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Can you provide any proof your opinion is right?

Yes, let me quote it:

performance got optimised over a few months via driver, and I can prove it via AMD driver release notes

There you go. AMD did the optimizing via drivers. Devs did the same ol shit they used to do and continue to do. I mean shit, everybody is acting like I work for nvidia when I have an all AMD rig.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Yes, let me quote it:

There you go. AMD did the optimizing via drivers. Devs did the same ol shit they used to do and continue to do. I mean shit, everybody is acting like I work for nvidia when I have an all AMD rig.
It was you saying they didn't optimise, you seem to have swapped argument.

That's because it was nonsense.
A lot of this talk is.

I like it when exclusive brands pull out the openness card at the first sight of setback.
I cannot shed any tears, sorry. This is a very hard fought achievement. Every last bit of AMD went into making radeon right after the RTG situation. Good thing it was stopped before more damage could be incurred on the firm. RTG was losing money just about then.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
It was you saying they didn't optimise, you seem to have swapped argument.

What are you on about? The discussion was clearly about developers not optimizing games for AMD's architecture. Did you read any of the other posts or just assume that I am pissing on
AMD?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with threads that have anything to do with Intel, AMD, or nVidia.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
What are you on about? The discussion was clearly about developers not optimizing games for AMD's architecture. Did you read any of the other posts or just assume that I am pissing on
AMD?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with threads that have anything to do with Intel, AMD, or nVidia.
I am aware, and AMD too have people they can put in place to help game and Engine Dev's optimise their software.
I'm arguing they do.

Oh and your insinuations, stick them you know where yeh , I read your posts, and I still chose not to call you names or insinuate anything yeh.

Last edited:
In the past, there were shills that would attack you on moderators watch in OCN. It was a learning experience. I developed so many false premise engagement vectors there. Now I stick to astroturfing. It is so elegant, people don't know what hit them. It is so good to confuse people from outside of their perspective, they don't know whether it is real, or whether to care. It literally leaves them searching for things.

Genuine or not, I cannot help but feel sympathy for the people sharing their concern and good wishes for the well being of the red team. I'm impressed.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
@medi01 , no idea what you just said.
You realize it is cruel towards team green, right?
Let me expand it:

EPIC, the company behind major game development framework "Unreal Engine",when being asked about "why do Unreal Engine 4 games run soo poorly on AMD" was blantly saying "it was optimized for NVidia GPUs". Demo of the UE4 engine has happened, as you would guess, on the fastest NVidia GPU. Because that was all that mattered.

In 2020, EPIC has demoed Unreal Engine 5.
Demo took place, on... PS5, next gen console, with RDNA2+Zen APU inside it.
Because NV is no longer as important as it was, in fact, it's AMD who is important.
Note that it was even before RX 6000 series were rolled out into green faces.

And to make it even more embarrassing to team green, in a very impressive demo loaded with light effects, no Nvidia style RT was used.

More to it: RDNA2 based APUs in the upcoming consoles are mighty, beating nearly entire PC market, with only 2080s/2080Ti level GPUs being faster than them.

Last edited:
This perfectly explains it:

The battle will not be about the highest benchmark bar but about everything else.
Quality of the product and the extra features that exist or not on one side or the other will make the use of the GFx cards of one side or the other good for one thing or the other.

Overall, I expect a general "equalization" of brute computing power now that both side had a lot of time to study what the other did and come up with something like-it+.

I'd like to see some mining scores in the mean time, they can be relevant for quite a few things.

@medi01

Most PC games I played between the start of 2018 and mid-2019 were UE-based.
I like that engine a lot and I hope it keeps up.

Last edited:
System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk 450 MAX
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 CAS 16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700XT EVOKE OC
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
Display(s) ASUS VA326HR + MSI Optix G24C4
Case MSI - MAG Forge 100M
Power Supply Aerocool Lux RGB M 650W
The battle will not be about the highest benchmark bar but about everything else.
Quality of the product and the extra features that exist or not on one side or the other will make the use of the GFx cards of one side or the other good for one thing or the other.
That's highly debatable, I personally will still buy based on price/perf. Of course, if Nvidia loses the performance crown, it's expected that they will try to move the fight to some other zone where they can still win.

But I would argue that the most important feature in the next 6 months will be AVAILABILITY ;)

looks clear and likely way that rtx 3090 and also 3080 ti are fastest gpu 2020 until next generations gpus coming 2022...and i mean 4K gaming for sure.

its weird that rx 6800 and 6800xt performance different is small..can i say.. even smaller than rtx 3080 vs rtx 3090,but sure also that difffrent arent big.
and looks even amd owns test,rx 6900 xt not help it much that battle,..not enough looks...

well ,we seen it 8 of december.

anyway,thouse 5 gpus (rx 6800 xt,rx 6900xt, rtx 3080,rtx 3090 and rtx 3080 ti) maded and meaning to used just and only 4K gaming ,
bcoz lower resolution gaming,there is alot better gpus with much lower price.

under 4K gaming battle is rtx 3070 ti and rx 6800?,.. hmm i except prices are same way.

i see that january 2021 we seen totally podium for fastest gpu score, when rtx 3080 ti coming also,so all gpus is table,also rtx 3070 ti.

let see!

hmm, i just imagine, when next gpu generation coming, what kind monster they are, and i mean rdna3 and nvidia hopper.
35-50% more? where we need it? i mean 95% players use under 4K monitors.

also, where is intel Xe gpu, we want 3 of gpus battle line,even more competitions!!!

also
march 2021 is month we see also totally, what is best cpu for running games, is it amd vermeer or intel rocket lake...hmm what i seen and heard, rocket lake is the one.
rocket lake is answer for amd vermeer cpu.

i wait alot intel adler lake june 2021,its 10nm and hybrid cpu, its new age cpu performance and efficiency..well all saying it all over....
let see.

yess,interesting!!