• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Releases Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 Drivers

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
AMD has been on a roll when it comes to consistent driver updates, be it beta or WHQL certified, and with the ninth month of the year comes the release of their Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 drivers. Given that the last beta driver brought with it game support already, this is more of the usual with bug fixes recognized from last time but also note this has a few bugs of its own discovered during the process. One of the more noteworthy bugs that were fixed with this update is the unresponsiveness of an RX Vega-driven system when woken up from sleep and then playing back videos, which was noted by multiple end users only recently, so it was a quick fix on AMD's part and credit must be given there. Grab the drivers from the download link below, and read on for the full change log.

DOWNLOAD: AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 Drivers

Fixed Issues
  • After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Radeon ReLive Toolbar and Instant Replay features may experience issues or fail to work when playing Guild Wars 2.
  • Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
  • Radeon Software Installer may shrink or appear very small when installing on some 4K HDTVs.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes experience a hang or crash when viewing the Display tab.
  • Moonlight Blade may fail to launch on some Radeon Graphics Core Next series products.
  • Titanfall 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.
  • Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications.

Known Issues:
  • On a limited number of systems Radeon Software may display an erroneous "1603 Error" after installing Radeon Software. This error will not affect your Radeon Software installation.
  • Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
  • Overwatch may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX11 applications.
  • Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
  • Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I have to try the driver.

One second later I remembered, crap my PC is down with no PSU.

Oh boy...here we go! AMD hops on the telemetry bandwagon. Let the shitstorm commence!
amd telemetry.PNG

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
"Overwatch may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations."

I'm having this problem since 17.7.2, so I'm sticking to 17.7.1. At least they acknowledged it.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
"Overwatch may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations."

I'm having this problem since 17.7.2, so I'm sticking to 17.7.1. At least they acknowledged it.

Haven't experience it myself and i probably play too much OW for my own good. Well enough for people to wish Cancer upon me.

what needs to be spun? its completely optional lol
Well...people freaked TF out about the stupid Quake shortcut. Which was equally a non-issue. Just delete it...BFD. Hell...you have to go to the extra effort of clicking on/checking the box before clicking accept and install to enable telemetry. It's not even selected by default. But what do you want to bet it's going to be a HUGE blown out of proportion "problem" to a bunch of dumbasses anyway?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M
Cooling Ice Hammer IH-4***
Memory 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair
Video Card(s) Asus HD7870 2GB
Storage 500GB SATAII Samsung | 500GB SATAII Seagate
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63V-P
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 10 x64
Well...people freaked TF out about the stupid Quake shortcut. Which was equally a non-issue. Just delete it...BFD. Hell...you have to go to the extra effort of clicking on/checking the box before clicking accept and install to enable telemetry. It's not even selected by default. But what do you want to bet it's going to be a HUGE blown out of proportion "problem" to a bunch of dumbasses anyway?
Quake shortcut was placed without user's consent - that was the issue. It's off by default now, same with telemetry. Unlike with Nvidia drivers.

Quake shortcut was placed without user's consent - that was the issue.
I get that. But people were going all apeshit about it like it was some kind of PUP. It was just a shortcut that had a link to a website where you could sign up for a game beta. Nothing malicious, nothing harmful, nothing that didn't take more than 3 seconds to make go away forever. It's like complaining about getting a coupon for a free something in your pack of whatever. OMG...A COUPON...HOW DARE THEY!? I didn't ask for a coupon! I don't want their damn coupon! Then throw it away. There's the trash can. How hard was that? There's no reason to complain about it. Jesus...what's the world coming to? Throwing a fit about free stuff now? Seriously? Used to be a saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". Why? Because it's rude. It was free. And you don't act disrespectfully towards someone who gives you something. You smile and say "thanks". Even if you don't like it or don't want it. Basic human decency. What a concept. I know. :shadedshu:

Rant over. :)

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I get that. But people were going all apeshit about it like it was some kind of PUP. It was just a shortcut that had a link to a website where you could sign up for a game beta. Nothing malicious, nothing harmful, nothing that didn't take 3 seconds to make go away forever. It's like complaining about getting a coupon for a free something in your pack of whatever. OMG...A COUPON...HOW DARE THEY!? I didn't ask for a coupon! I don't want their damn coupon! Then throw it away. There's the trash can. How hard was that? There's no reason to complain about it. Jesus...what's the world coming to? Throwing a fit about free stuff now? Seriously? Used to be a saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". Why? Because it's rude. It was free. And you don't act disrespectfully towards someone who gives you something. You smile and say "thanks". Even if you don't like it or don't want it. Basic human decency. What a concept. I know. :shadedshu:

Rant over. :)

Tangential, but corporations rarely give out of the goodness of thier hearts.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Oh boy...here we go! AMD hops on the telemetry bandwagon. Let the shitstorm commence!
View attachment 91841
all it gathers is system info like hardware and what users are using the most of in the driver. It's a win win if you ask me. It helps RTG work out issues and no personal info is taken I assure you on that... If you guys don't want to hop on or missed the check box just remove the driver and re-install and its gone.

Summoning the defender of RTG @RejZoR to spin this to a good ending. :D

"The defender of RTG". Right. Except I've defended NVIDIA on this exact same thing as well. Telemetry and automated aggregated feedback system is key to quality software, especially drivers. I'd be interested to know to what extent they collect the info. Is it just control panel configuration or they also automatically collect driver crash dumps and stuff...

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Windows 7 all the time try to istall there own bus which was replaiced by this driver AMD pci bus i think.

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
People are happy to install Windows 10, Nvidia driver but when AMD drivers wants basic hardware information they have a problem ? Not sure if these bashers are joking or they are the joke.

Aaaaand...it's gone.
telemetry gone.PNG

I was experiencing a problem after installing these drivers. My card wasn't idling down fully. Clocks at idle are normally 300/150. But with these drivers they wouldn't go below 500/1500. So I uninstalled them. Went to reinstall them to verify the issue was caused by these drivers and...no more telemetry option. Huh? Tried downloading the installer again...same thing. Looks like they axed it. Whatever. I didn't want to participate anyway. For the record though, I wasn't complaining. I saw no problem with it whatsoever. I thought they did good by not having the box checked by default. Which isn't typical. You usually have to uncheck the box to opt out of such things.

EDIT: Or not. That was on Windows 10. But I switched over to Windows 7, tried to install these drivers, and it's still there. I have no idea what's going on with that(SOLVED see EDIT 2). I took the opportunity to click on the Find out more... though, which takes you to the following page.
https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/am...nceprogram&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301

EDIT 2: I found the cause of the telemetry option disappearance when reinstalling. It was caused by using DDU. So don't use DDU to uninstall these drivers. If you want to do a clean uninstall use the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility. Unless you don't care about losing the telemetry option when reinstalling them. And if you did use DDU, but you want to have the telemetry option when reinstalling them, here's what you need to do.

1. Reinstall the drivers
2. Use the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility
3. Reinstall the drivers one more time, during which you'll now have the option of participating in the User Experience Program(telemetry) again

Oh...and reinstalling these drivers seems to have fixed the issue with the idle clocks. So it might be worth trying if you're having a similar issue.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Aaaaand...it's gone.
View attachment 91867

I was experiencing a problem after installing these drivers. My card wasn't idling down fully. Clocks at idle are normally 300/150. But with these drivers they wouldn't go below 500/1500. So I uninstalled them. Went to reinstall them to verify the issue was caused by these drivers and...no more telemetry option. Huh? Tried downloading the installer again...same thing. Looks like they axed it. Whatever. I didn't want to participate anyway. For the record though, I wasn't complaining. I saw no problem with it whatsoever. I thought they did good by not having the box checked by default. Which isn't typical. You usually have to uncheck the box to opt out of such things.

EDIT: Or not. That was on Windows 10. But I switched over to Windows 7, tried to install these drivers, and it's still there. I have no idea what's going on with that. I took the opportunity to click on the Find out more... though, which takes you to the following page.
https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/am...nceprogram&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301
And you can always uncheck the box if needed to ;)

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust