• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD RX 7900 XT Reportedly Brings 40% Performance Uplift Over RX 6900 XT

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Bets on nominal frequency? I say 3.5GHz gpus are not that too distant...

to think years back they FIRED Hector because he made the company buy ATI. what a bunch of idiots. I realize no one cares, but I still do, that and the bull dozer core fiasco of lies, I'll never give a penny of my hard earned money to that over hyped company.

to think years back they FIRED Hector because he made the company buy ATI. what a bunch of idiots. I realize no one cares, but I still do, that and the bull dozer core fiasco of lies, I'll never give a penny of my hard earned money to that over hyped company.
Hector Ruiz spearheaded the Geode Project which unsettled Intel more than anything, too. Their first doomed to fail mobile attempt was in fact a retaliation to the sun powered computer Hector Ruiz envisioned.

System Name Incomplete thing 1.0
Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Gelid Phantom Black
Memory HyperX Fury RGB 3200 CL16 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO
Storage Dual 1TB 970evo
Display(s) AOC G2U 1440p 144hz, HP e232
Case CM mb511 RGB
Audio Device(s) Reloop ADM-4
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM-600
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Sharkoon SGK3 Blue
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2-5% over stock scores
Oh, MLID. Nearly perfect when the products is quite close, not so when it's months/years away. That's with any leaks, the product changes over time and this is why you really can't trust early leaks that much. Remember the 6900XT being as fast as a 2080 Ti that was months before release? Yeah that's why this leak probably will change a fair bit up or down. Handy for a somewhat rough shot at what the next generation is going to be, while the leaks just weeks before release are nearly perfect.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Yeah well don't also forget that fueled the first ever(?) mining boom IIRC, so basically AMD was/is the enemy of all gamers:nutkick:

It's complete non-sense to say AMD is against gamers because the 7000 series was affordable and available.

It's even more ridiculous to imply those two factors are what solely resulted in the mining boom. First off, mining boom and busts always coordinate with the rise or fall of crypto prices. AMD nor Nvidia are responsible for Crypto's failure or success. Second, being available and affordable is always a plus. How you can twist that as a negative is beyond me.

so pc gamers get to fight- again- for the next prototype bs gpu ( mia) and AMD gets to show off his tech for dat profitable console contracts

While I can't estimate how much performance they can gain, keep in mind that Navi 21 is still relatively "small", there is room to add a lot of CUs until they start hitting the reticle limit.

I really doubt that, they've been shit talking TSMC because that's what they do with all their partners. This Samsung business was just them failing to get TSMC to budge, Nvidia wanted TSMC wafers because they are the best but their prices doesn't allow for the fat profits that they want.
In 2012 nvidia talk about how they are unhappy with the node shrink situation where smaller node no longer make things cheaper. And in one interview JHH said that intel should open their fab for others (of course this is back when intel still one of them best when it comes to node process). In 2016 we saw nvidia GP107 are being made at samsung instead of the usual of TSMC. Yes they have issues with TSMC but they also genuinely looking for alternative from TSMC for quite sometime. Having only TSMC to rely on is not good for nvidia. Just look what happen with 20nm. Back then TSMC going all out to win apple business they did not give much priority to the process needed for high end gpu. Even AMD have to scrap several of their 20nm design that the company reported as a lost in one of their earnings. For nvidia no 20nm for gpu means they had to rely on kepler for another generation for their compute solution. Maxwell are being rework for pure gaming workload so nvidia can increase their gaming performance on the same 28nm.