• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD RX Vega Mining Performance Reportedly Doubled With Driver Updates

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Probably profit means money earned over what you paid into it. My BTC is currently worth about 80 bucks, which still leaves me $800 in the hole at the moment.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Buddy I just want to thank you for having so many level-headed responses in this ocean of ignorance.

What you said is exactly correct - Mining isn't technically as profitable as it was a few months ago, but it still can easily be VERY profitable depending on how you look at it. Consider this:

-I just bought 4 x R9 380 4GB's for $500 total. (22-25 MH/s with modded bios)
-Overall I will pay off a card per month of mining.
-So this will take me like 5 months technically, to finish profiting - but that assumes prices don't increase, and I expect them to by the end of the year.
-Either way even if I don't mine a complete ROI, I can sell each card for $120 when I am done!

It just takes planning people.

How much power does that pull? Those are right round the same performance as my 1060s

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Similar, but not quite how Bitcoin has run

and to be quite honest most currencies match that market. Here is the USD for example

One could ask how much a Roman coin trades for now since it was one of the longest and furthest reaching governments. Most of the money we trade with is older than ours, but still somewhat short lived in the grand scheme of things.

So money is only as stable as the government or liquid assets backing it, crypto has no government and is the first to be so, and the value is an arbitrary amount that few have most of the control of. That sounds like a recipe for disaster at some time in the future.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
Profit that becomes income , is there a difference ?

Yes, absolutely. It's the same as how companies report their finances. Income/revenue is the amount of money that comes in (i.e. what you sell the cons for), profit is how much you make after ALL the expenses are paid - electricity, cards, time spent and potentially taxes.

So very different.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
One could ask how much a Roman coin trades for now since it was one of the longest and furthest reaching governments. Most of the money we trade with is older than ours, but still somewhat short lived in the grand scheme of things.

So money is only as stable as the government or liquid assets backing it, crypto has no government and is the first to be so, and the value is an arbitrary amount that few have most of the control of. That sounds like a recipe for disaster at some time in the future.

My example of the USD rings oddly similar. Having the US government backing it is of no consequence since we lack the assets to payback the debt and have traded iba deficit for over a century now. It is based on the "good will" of the us government just like cryptocurrency is based off of the "good will" of the people using it.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Yes, absolutely. It's the same as how companies report their finances. Income/revenue is the amount of money that comes in (i.e. what you sell the cons for), profit is how much you make after ALL the expenses are paid - electricity, cards, time spent and potentially taxes.

So very different.

At the end of the day it is money that you made , therefore income. You are not a corporation therefore it is kind of meaningless to look at it that way.

Are you implying that cash sort of sits in it's own little special place ? It doesn't , it's money that you made , just like the money you get from your job.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
That was written on Jun 21. Look at the follow ups:
Jul 8 Anyone buying hardware to mine Ethereum is going to lose
Jul 11 Ethereum Mining is Dead: Price Drops, Difficulty Booms
Jul 20 Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay

It's like an addiction: the highs are high but the lows are low.

I was hoping to find out details on the power consumption but doesn't look he did it. His bill was probably $1000/mo. If this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if power companies add surcharges for people that surge in power consumption.

Perhaps PR wise, but they are developing Vega11 and Vega12, which I believe will be using GDDR.
Which makes sense since Vega is 50% PR. We didn't know what the other 50% is, but this "mining driver" might be it.

This card's hype was built on HBM2. Not HBM. It's HBM2; "two" - new, better, more.
If not for this, it'll be just another GPU - no one would care.
Same for Zen. It's not just an MCM CPU with some interconnect solution. It has Infinity Matrix - a name instantly attractive and familiar to Millennials.

At the end of the day it is money that you made , therefore income.
Yes, it's income. But it's not profit.
If your rig is not effective, i.e. using more electricity than it creates value in coins, you still have an income (maybe a big one). But you're not making a profit.
You are not a corporation therefore it is kind of meaningless to look at it that way.
It's meaningless to check if you're actually earning money on your work/investment? Seriously?
Are you implying that cash sort of sits in it's own little special place ? It doesn't , it's money that you made , just like the money you get from your job.
But you also have some costs of your job! E.g. you have to cover commuting. If you work in an office, you usually have to get formal clothes. And so on.
I don't recognize commuting as a job cost, because I'd buy a monthly bus ticket anyway. But I do spend around $50 / month on clothes that I only use at work. And I also eat out often because of my job: that is another $100 / month.
Things like this add up... a job with a higher salary might not be the job with higher profit.

Last edited:
Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
@Vaya Domus

Yes, there is income, but the point is that is not the same as profit.

You are missing the point: let's say you had an income of 10,000, if your cards and electricity cost you 8,000, you only made a profit of 2,000 ...

Thus 40k of profit is very different to 40k that also includes all the expenses. My comment was that 40k PROFIT would be very nice.

It's not the same "income" as you are calling it as an income from a job where the same 40k would already have all the taxes etc. paid on it when you get it and you have it to spend. That would be the same as profit in the mining instance.

Maybe go and look up the definitions of the words if I'm not explaining it well enough. ;)

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
That was written on Jun 21. Look at the follow ups:
Jul 8 Anyone buying hardware to mine Ethereum is going to lose
Jul 11 Ethereum Mining is Dead: Price Drops, Difficulty Booms
Jul 20 Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay

It's like an addiction: the highs are high but the lows are low.

I was hoping to find out details on the power consumption but doesn't look he did it. His bill was probably $1000/mo. If this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if power companies add surcharges for people that surge in power consumption.

Yeah, I was hoping to see his costs. A good site needs to be developed and updated to reflect hashrate and income versus national energy costs. i.e if i mined in the UK, where electricity isn't cheap because we nationalised a long time ago and the power companies are greedy fuckers, a 2 card rig would run about 400-500watts, maybe with 40-60 hash rate. What would the revenue versus budget be?

That's such a good exam question for next years kids.

EDIT: like your power company surcharge idea, it would be justifiable for companies to charge you a secondary business rate for electricity usage. After all, if you are consuming 5 households worth of energy and that trend increased, we'd be more prone to blackouts in vulnerable times. People need to release fast that energy isn't infinte.

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
@Vaya Domus

Yes, there is income, but the point is that is not the same as profit.

You are missing the point: let's say you had an income of 10,000, if your cards and electricity cost you 8,000, you only made a profit of 2,000 ...

Thus 40k of profit is very different to 40k that also includes all the expenses. My comment was that 40k PROFIT would be very nice.

It's not the same "income" as you are calling it as an income from a job where the same 40k would already have all the taxes etc. paid on it when you get it and you have it to spend. That would be the same as profit in the mining instance.

Maybe go and look up the definitions of the words if I'm not explaining it well enough. ;)

Have I argued with what those things mean ? No. I argued it simply doesn't matter to bother with such details in that situation. You're not doing something on such a large scale that you would need to look at it that way.
All you would do is play "the business man" while in reality you aren't one. Look at it whichever way you want.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
Which makes sense since Vega is 50% PR. We didn't know what the other 50% is, but this "mining driver" might be it.

This card's hype was built on HBM2. Not HBM. It's HBM2; "two" - new, better, more.
If not for this, it'll be just another GPU - no one would care.
Same for Zen. It's not just an MCM CPU with some interconnect solution. It has Infinity Matrix - a name instantly attractive and familiar to Millennials.
"Infinity matrix" would have to be one of the coolest technology names ever created. I wish AMD put as much effort into their actual technology as they put into PR and marketing.

AMD also made a big deal about using "AI" for branch prediction, because you know, everything has to use the "AI" gimmick these days. What it actually does is keeping a list of the results from last few conditionals, so when it runs into a loop it can use it for branch prediction. It's just simple statistics, just like Intel does. But of course it sounds much better when it's presented as "AI" that analyzes and optimizes your applications. You'll have to give them credit, AMD are masters of PR.

I remember back in February when some claimed Nvidia were anxious about the coming Vega and had to release GTX 1080 Ti to counter it… (look how that turned out)

justanother gamer

If this garbage continues I'll be forced to buy GTX 1080/Ti. There goes the idea of having AMD ever again...
expectations and self realizations are a wonder to behold. Some want to throw up their hands and run over and just buy a 1080, that's OK everyone must make a decision themselves. Prices for High end will Never drop down much, proof is in the pudding. AMD Never said that their return would bring the holy grail of GPU's, everyone doing the early reporting was creaming their pants making ungodly predictions. Their product is good still in its infancy and prone to problems, Crypto mining boon for these cards is a surprise because AMD kept a lot of information secret. but its funny in a way how you get fanboys from both sides decrying everything. AMD can't really do much once they push their products out to market. Look at New Egg already capitalizing on 170$ price increase as others have posted from their authorized sellers , and who's to say it wont go higher. From the numbers pushed there will be a true rush from professional miners and newbs who think to get into it. i know many don't get it. So for many its a going to be either take the plunge and buy before miners deluge the market or wait 2-3 months for production to catch up with demand and possible price
inflation considering the FE has increased 11%. guess i'll order a Aqua package before new egg and amazon Jack-up prices. you wait a few months and who knows that new Vega you ordered may be a repackaged miners card :).

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
My example of the USD rings oddly similar. Having the US government backing it is of no consequence since we lack the assets to payback the debt and have traded iba deficit for over a century now. It is based on the "good will" of the us government just like cryptocurrency is based off of the "good will" of the people using it.

Guns and goods is what currently back the USD, no one is stupid enough to demand repayment as it would ultimately lead to physical conflict, and its also why the US has private lands owned wholly by companies and or individuals of other nations and that is somehow OK.

Have I argued with what those things mean ? No. I argued it simply doesn't matter to bother with such details in that situation. You're not doing something on such a large scale that you would need to look at it that way.
All you would do is play "the business man" while in reality you aren't one. Look at it whichever way you want.
Scale is irrelevant. We're mostly talking about - how a "business man" would say - allocated costs. So a cost comes from a card running.
Depending on the card you choose and electricity tariff, power draw will usually consume between 20 and 50% of the mining income. You still think it doesn't matter?
And I'm talking about the modern GPUs. An older card (and most CPUs) will not make a profit at all (electricity cost > mining income).

I'm sorry to say this, but this discussion does suggest that you're not really in control of your home budget. Although I have to consider a possibility that you're 12 and you're still not thinking about such things - I'd say that would be OK (I was already a "business-type" back then, but thankfully not everyone has to be one :)).

"Infinity matrix" would have to be one of the coolest technology names ever created. I wish AMD put as much effort into their actual technology as they put into PR and marketing.
I admit that Infinity Matrix is indeed a nice name. But there have been some poor choices as well, like the "Threadripper". And there's the EPYC fail... I mean... sorry, but I can't imagine myself making a presentation for the Board recommending EPYC CPUs for the server.
Maybe this will be acceptable in USA, but outside it'll just generate jokes and facepalms on business meetings.
Where is this going next? Will we see a DUDE or something like that?
AMD also made a big deal about using "AI" for branch prediction, because you know, everything has to use the "AI" gimmick these days.
I can't blame them for this. AI (and Big Data) is in fact the hottest topic now.
But as you've described, the "AI" in Zen is not that special or unique. They're actually quite late (compared to Intel).
You'll have to give them credit, AMD are masters of PR.
I much preferred them being masters of innovation and performance, like when my PC was full of AMD/ATI parts (Athlon 1700+ and R9500Pro).
Maybe AMD should close their semiconductor business and become a PR agency? Many Chinese companies struggle to understand Western culture and I'm pretty sure they're ready to pay more than AMD earns from current ventures.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I'm sorry to say this, but this discussion

I wasn't discussing anything with you. You proved your lack of comprehension on all subjects a long time ago.

Although I have to consider a possibility that you're 12 .

Right , forgot why I wanted to put you on ignore. Grow up buddy.

Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
I think I might do the same with you for oddly (or maybe not), the reasons you just mentioned ...

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I think I might do the same with you for oddly (or maybe not), the reasons you just mentioned ...

Do as you please , after all you're arguing with nothing more than a opinion at this point and I really don't know where you are trying to get to.

Last edited:
They're already working on it: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3204...ppear-as-gaming-gpu-shortage-intensifies.html

Mining cards are lower priced than graphics cards. They have a different return policy (very restrictive to protect the manufacturers from mining fluctuations). They don't have any display outputs which forbids them from being of any value to gamers. The thing is, these cards take months to get to the public so this round, they're wholly unprepared. Next time, they should be able to ramp production of mining-specific cards and hopefully shelter gamers from getting gouged.

They can't just produce more graphics cards now because it slaps them in the face when the mining market collapses.

Which means four lost sales for AMD/NVIDIA.

yeah, and? People neglect the used market too much anyways.

expectations and self realizations are a wonder to behold. Some want to throw up their hands and run over and just buy a 1080, that's OK everyone must make a decision themselves. Prices for High end will Never drop down much, proof is in the pudding. AMD Never said that their return would bring the holy grail of GPU's, everyone doing the early reporting was creaming their pants making ungodly predictions. Their product is good still in its infancy and prone to problems, Crypto mining boon for these cards is a surprise because AMD kept a lot of information secret. but its funny in a way how you get fanboys from both sides decrying everything. AMD can't really do much once they push their products out to market. Look at New Egg already capitalizing on 170$ price increase as others have posted from their authorized sellers , and who's to say it wont go higher. From the numbers pushed there will be a true rush from professional miners and newbs who think to get into it. i know many don't get it. So for many its a going to be either take the plunge and buy before miners deluge the market or wait 2-3 months for production to catch up with demand and possible price
inflation considering the FE has increased 11%. guess i'll order a Aqua package before new egg and amazon Jack-up prices. you wait a few months and who knows that new Vega you ordered may be a repackaged miners card :).

Well, with miners already drooling over VEGA for their mining garbage, it's not looking good. I'm frankly still interested in RX Vega, I'm just afraid it won't be obtainable or the prices will be ridiculous. It's even more of a problem because I have to wait for september because that's when aftermarket Vega's arrive. Blower just isn't worth it and AiO version might be priced a bit too high. But I think they'll be easier obtainable now than in september.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I mean I do too. If you know why please share with the rest of the class lol.

I remember a few years ago when people were buying 750 Ti's for $150 while you get a 7970 for $120 that matched the 780 if they were both overclocked. What a bunch of idiots.

I would not touch any used high end AMD GPU from the last few years. Especially 7970s and R9 290. There is no way to tell if they have been used for mining 24/7 and how many times they have been baked. I had friends that got pretty much scammed trying to pick one of these up and then having them fail/artifact in like a month or so.

So think again 7970 for the price of a 750ti is a screaming scam. Not idiots at all.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
yeah, and? People neglect the used market too much anyways.
Because tech moves fast. Cards just a few years old are effectively half as fast. Where a car or cloths still fulfill their purpose just as well, the bar is always rising with tech. Hell, a graphics card a decade old will struggle running an internet browser today because it lacks hardware acceleration in modern browsers. A decade old car is actually still pretty good in most regards by comparison (so long as it wasn't beat to hell).

Probably profit means money earned over what you paid into it. My BTC is currently worth about 80 bucks, which still leaves me $800 in the hole at the moment.

I just don't even know if that's possible. When did you buy Bitcoin for 10x more than it is worth now?!

Or do you mean mining? If so, I also am a bit confused on what you are doing. What did you build, and what's your selling pattern?

How much power does that pull? Those are right round the same performance as my 1060s

If you PM'd me next Friday, I will have an answer for you. Until then I really won't have had the time to fully set up and and flash everything to full stability. But those are my estimates from forums.

Don't be surprised if it matches your 1060's though. I cannot say this enough to people: Nvidia. Isn't. As Good. As AMD. For Mining. Only the 1070 beats the efficiency of Polaris, and that's while costing twice as much. I mean even my used 290X I picked up on craigslist does 31 MH/s for like 175w. That's a 3 generation old card somewhat close to everything else Nvidia has now.

I would not touch any used high end AMD GPU from the last few years. Especially 7970s and R9 290. There is no way to tell if they have been used for mining 24/7 and how many times they have been baked. I had friends that got pretty much scammed trying to pick one of these up and then having them fail/artifact in like a month or so.

So think again 7970 for the price of a 750ti is a screaming scam.

And what if they were used for mining? I have never had a card break from mining lol.

But yeah go a buy a 750 Ti over something stronger than the 770 lmao. Yeah that makes you smart /s

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
And if they were used for mining? I have never had a card break from mining lol.

But yeah go a buy a 750 Ti over something stronger than the 770 lmao. Yeah that makes you smart /s

Then you're simply unaware or want to ignore a very real issue. Mining combined with what @FordGT90Concept said makes picking up a used card not such a good idea and picking up an AMD card a horrible idea.

And by the way you can just simply buy a GTX 680 for the same or even less money that is equal to a 770/7970.That would make you smart.