• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 5 3000 Series Lineup Detailed

There are many old apps and games that are limited to a single core, their exe was never updated to support multicores, most because the engine as a whole has a single thread limitation. So for those apps of games single thread performance is what is important, for example, simulators, I play simcity 4 a lot and that is limited to a single thread performance, billions of cores/threads wont help that.

Also just to clear things up, single core might have one or 2 threads due to hyperthreading or smt, application like the example i gave above, simcity 4 will take just one thread to work with so, hyperthreading wont help it and in many cases will make it worse cause the thread performance has resources shared between the threads, reason why i applaud 9700k, I have no idea how is done on amd, with popularity growing on amd, I hope if they dont have a way yet, a function to disable smt altogether, i really think I should have the choice to choose if I want smt or not.
More cores will certainly give You better performance in a single-thread game! If You have just one core, then your game will have to share the resources with other workloads, like OS services, Antivirus etc. You need not to be worried as to whether Amd Ryzen will make your SimCity 4 run smoothly:) And if You want to reduce the number of active working cores that can be done, as well as disable SMT.

More cores will certainly give You better performance in a single-thread game! If You have just one core, then your game will have to share the resources with other workloads, like OS services, Antivirus etc. You need not to be worried as to whether Amd Ryzen will make your SimCity 4 run smoothly:) And if You want to reduce the number of active working cores that can be done, as well as disable SMT.

In that sense yes, well i dont use antivirus or any service in the background, some windows services have to be left enabled and many worthless disabled. The idea of single core is dont let anything use it other than the application you want it to and that is easy to do, just go to task manager, affinity and set only the core you are using for the desired application, other cores you leave to be used by all applications.

So like me and a few other sensible posters had been saying, only to be derided, the AdoredTV hype train chart from December that everyone was whipped up into a frenzy about was total BS.

The sanity check should have been applied when this 'leaker' (did Adored make it up himself?) revealed that the 12-core had a 4.2Ghz BASE clock and the 16-core had a 4.3Ghz base clock. It turns out the purported (fanfiction) base clock of the 12-core was only 400Mhz lower than it's real BOOST clock!

- His SKUs were all wrong, core counts weren't moved down a stack
- APU info was totally wrong, prices were off massively (there is no miracle $99 6-core, there is one that is just...double that price)
- Clocks are not just slightly lower but 400Mhz off in base and boost in some cases...
- And to round it all off, his info on Navi from the same hype December video was completely wrong.

Ban Adored as a credible news source from now on please TPU, or at least, please do not make news stories on his info. Thanks

This is a monster. Totally wipes the floor with the only Intel equivalent.

Actually you are absolutely wrong. Practically everything adoredTV said actually happened. He did mention that AMD was uncertain on the product placement and he was right. Basically whether the high end ryzen was going to be 12 or 16 cores. As for clock speed thats completely based on yields and he multiple times mentioned that AMD is still working to finalize those.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q + AOC 19'
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
To hell with the 8 and 12 cores, we need to see the R3 prices.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Don't embarrass yourself, they have used him as a source, just look at the reply to your post
Quoting a source for rumours/leaks etc and posting it as FACT are 2 different things, you raged at TPU for quoting adored rumours as facts, when it was never implied what was quoted was 100% true and they were indeed rumours

As long as I can get another 6c/12t I'll be happy if it can OC to 4.5ghz all core, t6hat alone will be a huge uplift in performance for me, then you have the added 13/15% W/E.... IPC improvement

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
I really do not think AMD will do same type of 4-core R3 this time. They cannot afford it. This sector will be left to APUs.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q + AOC 19'
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11 x64
I really do not think AMD will do same type of 4-core R3 this time. They cannot afford it. This sector will be left to APUs.
Core count only changed in the R7 lineup, and a single half-disabled chiplet seems feasible and cheap. What's important here is the IPC lift, the low end will still be 4 cores, and maybe the highest R3 with 6.

In that sense yes, well i dont use antivirus or any service in the background, some windows services have to be left enabled and many worthless disabled. The idea of single core is dont let anything use it other than the application you want it to and that is easy to do, just go to task manager, affinity and set only the core you are using for the desired application, other cores you leave to be used by all applications.
Yes, for sure I'm aware. But You can't disable it all, leaving 100 % to the app (game), the system will die. At least two cores are needed for optimization.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Core count only changed in the R7 lineup, and a single half-disabled chiplet seems feasible and cheap. What's important here is the IPC lift, the low end will still be 4 cores, and maybe the highest R3 with 6.
Not talking about performance. Cost is the issue. CPU Chiplet is 80 mm² but it is worth remembering there is also an I/O Die - a 14nm chip at ~120 mm².

Yes, for sure I'm aware. But You can't disable it all, leaving 100 % to the app (game), the system will die. At least two cores are needed for optimization.

Is there a single core cpu in the market? I think the minimum we have is dual core and soon will be quad cores.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
No, NO HE DIDN'T! I can't believe he has so many defenders. He was literally hinting that we should be so excited about Ryzen 3000 because of the 5Ghz+ clockspeeds, he believed it very much, so you're spouting nonsense to defend him.
Seriously, calm the F down. You come across as delusional, unreasonably angry, and full of nonsensical, unbridled rage. You are even going so far as to say things he has NEVER said, and now YOU are the one taking his words and twisting them to suit your ridiculous accusations!

He has stated in his videos, on this subject, and others, where he is reporting rumours and leaks many times, that these are NOT FACTS, but to remember his sources have been mostly correct in the past. He even promptly posts apologies when he is wrong, something that nearly all other "journalists" rarely do when they make a mistake.

I simply do not know how to make you put aside your blind crazy hatred of him, and listen to the actual words he says, unless you cannot understand his accent, or simply cannot comprehend? You are acting as if he has personally offended you, if he has, then you sir, have a very serious problem, and are simply too unstable and not worth conversing with.

But I will tell you why I defend him... The tech industry has almost no credible journalists covering it anymore. 99% of all tech sites and channels are now simply bloggers pretending to be journalists, only dealing in regurgitation of PR press guides, fresh from the corporate HQ of every single tech company out there. I simply cannot remember the last time a site took a tech company to task over some underhanded or scandalous behaviour in the last 2 years. Kyle Bennett was the last, and he got bought, and his site canned, after being blacklisted by every tech company for years. Jim is simply one of the last of his kind, and we must defend him, and the handful of others that try to bring us real news, rumour and opinion. The industry must be challenged and it's behaviour, both good and bad, exposed.

I will mourn the day some bunch of blindfolded morons with pitchforks, and a misguided sense of righteousness makes him, and the handful of others like him, give up and quit. It will be a terrible loss to everyone with a brain, an appetite for technology, and a bilious reaction to carefully controlled corporate BS being passed off as news, reviews and opinion by some blogger or YouTuber masquerading as something he or she is not. For the vast majority of these so called journalists, it's all about clicks, views, subscribers, media/corporate access, money and free samples... Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Is there a single core cpu in the market? I think the minimum we have is dual core and soon will be quad cores.
Yes, so it is. Me mentioning single core (cpu) was just pointing at the theoretical view in the discussion

Seriously, calm the F down. You come across as delusional, unreasonably angry, and full of nonsensical, unbridled rage. You are even going so far as to say things he has NEVER said, and now YOU are the one taking his words and twisting them to suit your ridiculous accusations!

He has stated in his videos, on this subject, and others, where he is reporting rumours and leaks many times, that these are NOT FACTS, but to remember his sources have been mostly correct in the past. He even promptly posts apologies when he is wrong, something that nearly all other "journalists" rarely do when they make a mistake.

I simply do not know how to make you put aside your blind crazy hatred of him, and listen to the actual words he says, unless you cannot understand his accent, or simply cannot comprehend? You are acting as if he has personally offended you, if he has, then you sir, have a very serious problem, and are simply too unstable and not worth conversing with.

But I will tell you why I defend him... The tech industry has almost no credible journalists covering it anymore. 99% of all tech sites and channels are now simply bloggers pretending to be journalists, only dealing in regurgitation of PR press guides, fresh from the corporate HQ of every single tech company out there. I simply cannot remember the last time a site took a tech company to task over some underhanded or scandalous behaviour in the last 2 years. Kyle Bennett was the last, and he got bought, and his site canned, after being blacklisted by every tech company for years. Jim is simply one of the last of his kind, and we must defend him, and the handful of others that try to bring us real news, rumour and opinion. The industry must be challenged and it's behaviour, both good and bad, exposed.

I will mourn the day some bunch of blindfolded morons with pitchforks, and a misguided sense of righteousness makes him, and the handful of others like him, give up and quit. It will be a terrible loss to everyone with a brain, an appetite for technology, and a bilious reaction to carefully controlled corporate BS being passed off as news, reviews and opinion by some blogger or YouTuber masquerading as something he or she is not. For the vast majority of these so called journalists, it's all about clicks, views, subscribers, media/corporate access, money and free samples... Nothing more, nothing less.

VERY true spoken! I truly miss Kyle Bennett!

But I will tell you why I defend him... The tech industry has almost no credible journalists covering it anymore. 99% of all tech sites and channels are now simply bloggers pretending to be journalists, only dealing in regurgitation of PR press guides, fresh from the corporate HQ of every single tech company out there. I simply cannot remember the last time a site took a tech company to task over some underhanded or scandalous behaviour in the last 2 years. Kyle Bennett was the last, and he got bought, and his site canned, after being blacklisted by every tech company for years. Jim is simply one of the

Calm down nause. No, you mention Kyle Bennet, and it's a massive insult to put this Jim 'Adored' in the same sentence as him. For one, Adored seems to have a fundamental lack of knowledge on processors and in general doesn't seem to be very intelligent. If he was, he would have spotted very quickly that the numbers from his fake leaker were dead giveaways it was spurious. But he didn't use his brain, he decided to chase more clicks and views for exposure and more Patreon's dollars. He thought 4.3Ghz base clock on a 16-core was normal! He thought 6-core 7nm CPUs would launch for...$99!! I mean wow.

Bennett has spent decades in his craft whereas you're comparing him to someone with the average gamer's knowledge of computers, which is hilarious. If you want to keep listening to 'Jim', be my guest. I'll keep laughing at you.

Quoting a source for rumours/leaks etc and posting it as FACT are 2 different things, you raged at TPU for quoting adored rumours as facts, when it was never implied what was quoted was 100% true and they were indeed rumours

As long as I can get another 6c/12t I'll be happy if it can OC to 4.5ghz all core, t6hat alone will be a huge uplift in performance for me, then you have the added 13/15% W/E.... IPC improvement

Bwahaha what kind of mad logic is this?

For 7 months across YT and Twitter he's been hyping up that AMD has some 5.1Ghz clockspeed monster chips and miracle prices. And then when it turns out it was all based on fake info, Adored turns around and says 'Yeah I told you it was only rumours' :roll:

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
IPC imporovments on new Ryzen 3000 looks GREAT also power consumption is significantly reduced.....tho' price could be a bit better but to be honest that is kind of expected as they have a lot of "old" stock of previous Ryzens to sell....

How exactly could the price be a bit better. They are offering more performance than competition at half the price.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Calm down nause. No, you mention Kyle Bennet, and it's a massive insult to put this Jim 'Adored' in the same sentence as him. For one, Adored seems to have a fundamental lack of knowledge on processors and in general doesn't seem to be very intelligent. If he was, he would have spotted very quickly that the numbers from his fake leaker were dead giveaways it was spurious. But he didn't use his brain, he decided to chase more clicks and views for exposure and more Patreon's dollars. He thought 4.3Ghz base clock on a 16-core was normal! He thought 6-core 7nm CPUs would launch for...$99!! I mean wow.

Bennett has spent decades in his craft whereas you're comparing him to someone with the average gamer's knowledge of computers, which is hilarious. If you want to keep listening to 'Jim', be my guest. I'll keep laughing at you.

Bwahaha what kind of mad logic is this?

For 7 months across YT and Twitter he's been hyping up that AMD has some 5.1Ghz clockspeed monster chips and miracle prices. And then when it turns out it was all based on fake info, Adored turns around and says 'Yeah I told you it was only rumours' :roll:
the delusion runs strong among adoretv fanbase
thinking this friggin guy stands for the same values Kyle Bennett (or any accomplished tech journalist for that mattter) has been standing for..... just wow

That bagpipe full of bullshit is just capitalising on the hordes of shit-for-brains AMDumbs who honestly deserve him. He should however NEVER be even referenced on any self respectable site, TPU included...

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Ryzen 3000 will reach 5GHz for sure at least in single core boost (OCed probably for now). Even engineering samples do it already.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="el"><p lang="zh" dir="ltr">超頻能力有多少 - 电脑讨论 - Chiphell - 分享与交流用户体验<a href="https://t.co/XHttXE2Wzr">https://t.co/XHttXE2Wzr</a></p>&mdash; 188号 (@momomo_us) <a href=" ">28 Μαΐου 2019</a></blockquote>

And another source claims that in a year or so, AMD will release an 20th anniversary edition Ryzen 3000 limited edition since the 1GHz AMD CPU that will reach 5GHz in stock.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="el"><p lang="ro" dir="ltr">AMD will commercialize Ryzen 3000 @ 5GHz in march 2020 <br>20th Anniversary Athlon 1GHz</p>&mdash; Bits And Chips - Eng (@BitsAndChipsEng) <a href=" ">27 Μαΐου 2019</a></blockquote>

And lastly, for anyone not thinking that AMD will improve latencies...

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
4.4 boost? That's not great.
We have learned in the past that GHz for the sake of GHz is not going to win the battle, it's what you can do with those GHz that really counts. It all comes down to how much work can be done for every tick of the clock, we learned this back in the day of the Intel Prescott (that despite having fast clocks for the day) was a dog of a processor. For all its GHz it ran hot and it sucked power like nothing else did back then and what did it have to show for it? Nothing, AMD was wiping the floor with it.

I'd almost have to say that Intel has a lot of people brainwashed into thinking that GHz is all that counts.
...with 15% IPC lift and at 65W. They are matching Intel 5.0 GHz with 4.4GHz. And the 3900X boosts to 4.6GHz at 105W.

Also, EPYC is likely eating all the best chiplets right now anyway. Better margins there, I’m sure.
If we can even achieve a 4.6 GHz overclock on many of these Ryzen 3000 chips I'd be extremely happy.
He thought 4.3Ghz base clock on a 16-core was normal! He thought 6-core 7nm CPUs would launch for...$99!! I mean wow.
I always did think that what he said about that was bullshit. 16 cores at 4.3 GHz? Yeah right, even with 7nm getting it to be clocked at 4.3 GHz would result in one hell of a hot running chip. And as for $99, AMD would have to be insane to price it that low. A business is after all in business to make money, AMD included.

Now will some of these prices come down as they become available? Probably. We've seen many of AMD's current crop of Ryzen chips at below MSRP for whatever reason (I don't claim to know why). But no, nothing close to $99; that's insanity.