• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 9 3000 is a 16-core Socket AM4 Beast

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
More fake news?
Nope.

The nth time that fake AdoredTV numbers have been referenced.

He made the numbers up, as they come from a chart in his video all the way back December 2018! There is no way AMD knew the base/boost and price of every Ryzen 3K SKU back at that date. Also, he listed one of the SKUs as having a base clock merely 100mhz short of the boost clock of the Ryzen 2700x! I mean if that is not a red herring for his info, I don't know what is.

I hope you enjoy eating crow.

He made the numbers up, as they come from a chart in his video all the way back December 2018! There is no way AMD knew the base/boost and price of every Ryzen 3K SKU back at that date. Also, he listed one of the SKUs as having a base clock merely 100mhz short of the boost clock of the Ryzen 2700x! I mean if that is not a red herring for his info, I don't know what is.
ClownTV is has been on my ignore list for long time. Remember this octopus predicting world cup results? That's exactly what ClownTV did - blind guessing.

Attachments

• article-0-0BC6627A000005DC-288_468x312.jpg
    article-0-0BC6627A000005DC-288_468x312.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 255
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit

I don't agree with what you said that he faked this all. He's got information from people that can have this information.
For the record. We are not supposed to know the price before the release but AMD company(others as well) has the price point set and their goals way before the release. It's called planning. Maybe this is something you are not familiar with in the company you work for or your own business but I'm certain AMD has it all planned and calculated.
What I think about the rumors is they may or may not be accurate totally but there is some truth and from our, customer stand point, is either to wait for the release or look for facts and prove or disprove the rumor by talking about it and point out, by arguments, if this is possible or not. I think AMD and Intel release these rumors themselves for a reason. This leaks make the other company compare to it's own products and mobilize for what's coming, intimidate the opponent even and make him move forward or even scare the crap outta it. Rumors are a good thing giving you a glimpse of what's coming out and if you get involved in this "thinking and measuring facts with others" you may postpone your PC purchase/upgrade now (if you need one) to see later if it was worth to wait. if you're waiting for new built/upgrade you can plan collecting some cash for this. Weather you believe the leaks or rumors it's on you.
I think it might be true but the truth will be revealed when the zen2 is released.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
ClownTV is has been on my ignore list for long time. Remember this octopus predicting world cup results? That's exactly what ClownTV did - blind guessing.

Another serving of crow coming right up...

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
At this point it's rumored, not fake.

You can't possibly know that. When he speculates, he stats that.
For that thing he mentioned leak from insider.
His "io die" info was spot on:

No, no, no. Please listen to what he actually said - he merely speculated about there being an I/O on the chip, then said he didn't think they would do it. So again, it was a guess where he concluded the other way.

Now, it's all well saying 'but it was just speculation' and 'some of it is subject to change' but that doesn't pass muster, frankly. The USP in that video is based on these very details that you guys say are subject to change. He listed every Ryzen 3000 SKU with exact base/boost clocks and prices, not even ranges. Now he's being called out on his figures, it's too late now to say 'but I may have been off'. He didn't mind profiting from the fervent excitement created from throwing around the 5ghz/5Ghz+ numbers back in December.

He has profited from the above hype video leak extravaganza no end by more subscribers, Patreons and clicks on his videos. People are paying this guy money on the basis he has insider info and knows what he is talking about. So ethically, there must be repercussions if he's lead everyone down the garden path regarding info that he posted online, which appears the case here. Because he is a 'video leaker' and 'tech Youtuber', it should not mean he can escape ethics and standards that a tech journo would be held to.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
No, no, no. Please listen to what he actually said - he merely speculated about there being an I/O on the chip, then said he didn't think they would do it. So again, it was a guess where he concluded the other way.

Now, it's all well saying 'but it was just speculation' and 'some of it is subject to change' but that doesn't pass muster, frankly. The USP in that video is based on these very details that you guys say are subject to change. He listed every Ryzen 3000 SKU with exact base/boost clocks and prices, not even ranges. Now he's being called out on his figures, it's too late now to say 'but I may have been off'. He didn't mind profiting from the fervent excitement created from throwing around the 5ghz/5Ghz+ numbers back in December.

He has profited from the above hype video leak extravaganza no end by more subscribers, Patreons and clicks on his videos. People are paying this guy money on the basis he has insider info and knows what he is talking about. So ethically, there must be repercussions if he's lead everyone down the garden path regarding info that he posted online, which appears the case here. Because he is a 'video leaker' and 'tech Youtuber', it should not mean he can escape ethics and standards that a tech journo would be held to.

So where's your proof that it won't happen? You're good at bashing something, without even the least bit of insight or shred of evidence to the contrary. So please, present some fact or hold your peace.

The tech journo is dead, I should know, I used to be one, so there's no longer any standards to hold anyone to.

Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
People are paying this guy money on the basis he has insider info and knows what he is talking about. So ethically, there must be repercussions if he's lead everyone down the garden path regarding info that he posted online, which appears the case here.
With that approach not even Lisa Su could give you the right figures all the time, because plans change all the time.

I agree on repercussions, but not for being wrong at times, but for outright making up shit and claiming it's insider info. (this is hard to prove though)

He did come with very unusual info that is not something that could have done out of speculations, so should have actual links.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Agreed but the leaks say the R9 3850X 16c/32t @ 4.3Ghz base 5.1Ghz boost will have the highest frequency.

I never quite understood why the largest cores are clocked highest. Is it because the more cores there are, the more chance that one of them will reach the highest frequency, or is just the dark silicon providing more surface area to dissipate heat?

If it's the more cores increasing the chance of one of them being higher frequency, does that also not apply to the low end - in that more cores increases the likelihood that one of them is a dog and can't clock very high at all?

With that approach not even Lisa Su could give you the right figures all the time, because plans change all the time.

Oh come on. Lisa Su wouldn't say 'Hey guys I got a good one for you today - all the base/boost clocks of every Ryzen 3000 CPU and their prices on top' back in December 2018 and ask money for this info, because it would be made up. Certainly this info would not be privy to some guy sitting in front of his PC all day up in Scotland.

There is an existing product : 9900k .
If you find the 9900k's isn't enough to convince you, there must be something other than 8 cores 5GHz capability in your mind.

I know the 9900K does that, but it´s a 550€ CPU in my country. I also don´t like the thermals of it.

If AMD can offer similar performance or close for ~350€, I gladly buy one.

But, we'll see, it's not that I extremely need it, I'm still quite happy with the 5820K, which has been with me since 2014.

Last edited:
Oh come on. Lisa Su wouldn't say 'Hey guys I got a good one for you today - all the base/boost clocks of every Ryzen 3000 CPU and their prices on top' back in December 2018 and ask money for this info, because it would be made up. Certainly this info would not be privy to some guy sitting in front of his PC all day up in Scotland.

What about the time when he leaked the RTX line up naming and that there will also be GTX line up? Many people didn't believed it, but it was true. About the IO die, he got some info that was disapproving his IO theory. If a part of a leak is not true, it doesn't make all of it false.
To me it looks like you only watch the tables and don't care what he actually says in those videos.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
What about the time when he leaked the RTX line up naming and that there will also be GTX line up? Many people didn't believed it, but it was true. About the IO die, he got some info that was disapproving his IO theory. If a part of a leak is not true, it doesn't make all of it false.
To me it looks like you only watch the tables and don't care what he actually says in those videos.
He's been more right than more wrong. In the end, its speculation and rumors. Though he does seem to have some serious sources.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I never quite understood why the largest cores are clocked highest. Is it because the more cores there are, the more chance that one of them will reach the highest frequency, or is just the dark silicon providing more surface area to dissipate heat?

If it's the more cores increasing the chance of one of them being higher frequency, does that also not apply to the low end - in that more cores increases the likelihood that one of them is a dog and can't clock very high at all?

Below is a silicon wafer, this happens to be one from Intel. The best chips are always at the centre of the wafer, these are normally "perfect" and tend to be the ones that can run at the highest speeds. The further out the edge you go, the more chance of a defect. Even if the yield is say 80%, i.e. 20% of the chips on the wafer are not good enough to make a product out of, the remaining 80% will be of varying "quality". So in this case, in the middle you have the Core i7's, then the further out you go you end up with i5's, i3's, Pentiums and Celerons. Ok, this is a bit over simplified, but it gives you a rough idea how it works. It's possible that it's a very good wafer, so there are no Pentium and Celerons, but a larger share of all the other parts. However, the CPU makers need to grade the CPUs in such a way that they can get resonable yields from each category, ideally as many of the highest category as possible, as they can charge the highest price for those cores.
Obviously this also means that by using this process of elimination, there's a bigger chance that an i7 is going to win the silicon lottery over an i5 and be that one chip in a thousand that can overclock like crazy. However, that doesn't mean Intel can sell that as a 6GHz chip, as they'd only get a dozen of those a month, so it doesn't make financial sense to stretch too far either. But as these chips are the very best of the wafer, they end up also being the ones that are clocked the highest. Obviously, if there's a flaw in one of the centre parts, say the cache doesn't fully work, then that ends up as an i5 for example and that might still be that one in a thousand chip that can hit 6GHz+ and the person who buys that got really lucky.
Does this make sense?

I think you forget something, the plan was to launch Ryzen 3000 much earlier in the year, maybe not January, but February/March. The delay is largely down to the motherboards with the X570 chipset not being ready and in fact, they're still being tuned and will be tuned until the last minute.
So yes, I do believe AMD had everything figured out at that point in time already, but had to push things back. There might be more to it than the motherboards, but it did have a huge contributing factor as to why the platform is only launching at Computex. I guess you don't really work in the industry, so you wouldn't know the first or the last things about this, but instead, you hang out on forums and spreading FUD about something you know very little about.

As to why this info was sent to Jim, I don't know. Maybe someone likes him and thought he should be in know? Kind of like when you get a free donut at dunkin' for being a regular customer.

Last edited:
Processor 3700x @ 4.3
Motherboard Crosshair 7 hero
Cooling Kraken X62
Memory 16GB Trident-Z 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX2080 XC Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 evo 500gb NVME
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
Case NZXT H500
Audio Device(s) Phillips SHP 9500s.....Audio Technica AT 2035 microphone.....Scarlett 2i2 audio interface.
Power Supply EVGA 850W Supernova G2
Mouse Model O
Keyboard Corsair K65
Software Windows 10

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think you're just an AMD super fan, you're expectations are to high. There's no way those clock speeds will happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, you're new here, so hello. You know nothing about me, my history, where I live, what I do for a living, but you judge my insight into this topic, not very smart.

I know a lot of things I'm not at liberty to share here, but let's just say that once Ryzen 3000 launches, a lot of people are going to have to eat their own words. That said, I'm by no means saying everything AdoredTV puts in his videos will be exactly as he says, as I have no control over his content. Oh, and I expect a personal apology from you then too.

Also, it's your, not you're (that's short for you are).

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
I think you're just an AMD super fan, you're expectations are to high. There's no way those clock speeds will happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
And from where you take this statement? "No way those clock speeds will happen"? Is it your own words or you quote somebody?

Lol, how many crying people here. If we remember 2 years ago, we had in the normal discrete desktop CPU market a 4 core 8 thread CPU max at ~350$. Now we have double that at ~ same price and you still aren't satisfied. I have an i7 6700HQ notebook and it is fine for at least 2-3 years more.

Probably somebody from AMD, a PR maybe paid that guy to spread the info. He got pretty much everything right up to this point. He spread before everybody and if AMD wanted to contradict what he said, amd could anytime and amd did not, that tells us something. AMD needs the hype, more people knowing it, more people will not buy intel, they will hold to buy the new ryzen. I'm one of them, the only thing I see in the i9 9900k is heat and nothing more. A waste of money, i feel sorry for whoever bought it. The i7 9700k is not bad but another 14nm is a no go for me. I'm tired of old tech, mobile is at 7nm too, desktop cpus must keep up. Time for change, time to welcome ryzen 3000. A month away I reckon.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Lol, how many crying people here. If we remember 2 years ago, we had in the normal discrete desktop CPU market a 4 core 8 thread CPU max at ~350$. Now we have double that at ~ same price and you still aren't satisfied. I have an i7 6700HQ notebook and it is fine for at least 2-3 years more.
I don't see any crying.
I see people that dismiss this as a rumor and people that take this for granted because it hasn't been disproved.

The claimed specs themselves are a tad above what you'd expect and a little counterintuitive in part. But that by itself doesn't make them true or false.

Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Software Windows 10
...and ask money for this info...
Come on.
His videos, on top of being free, are at around 50k-ish views typically, I doubt one could get non-negligable income from that.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Come on.
His videos, on top of being free, are at around 50k-ish views typically, I doubt one could get non-negligable income from that.
I agree. People dismiss the fact that others might be doing things because this is their hobby or they simply love tech and want to share their insight, thoughts, not because of money. If you think everyone is doing things to get money or any profits then you are hopeless and shallow. Also dismissing the fact that people and companies reach to the guy for reviews. I get it is way easier to crap on somebody and accuse of being payed for something instead giving some contribution and constructive arguments supporting their way of thinking and accusation.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't see any crying.
I see people that dismiss this as a rumor and people that take this for granted because it hasn't been disproved.

The claimed specs themselves are a tad above what you'd expect and a little counterintuitive in part. But that by itself doesn't make them true or false.

You're right, it looked way too good to be true to me to start with as well. As with all rumours, ample salt is needed and when his video was first mentioned here, I said as much. But I also knew some of the facts back then and as such, I knew there was some truth to the info he mentioned. Now I know much more and he's really not far off the target. Again, a lot of people are going to have to eat their words.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121

You sound like an Intel fan boy with that statement

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
It's comical, the true fanboys don't get called out, yet, people that have at least a half a clue (in this case more, a full clue) are called fanboys. TPU members are AMAZING! o_O