• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Beats Intel Core i9-10980XE by 24% in 3DMark Physics

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Or, you know, just go by how it is defined in the dictionary... because, I'm not an enthusiast according to your list...

...a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject.

...which can mean anything... But there are a few in the list that would disqualify a lot of people from being an enthusiast. Hilarious convo... only on TPU. o_O

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Or, you know, just go by how it is defined in the dictionary... because, I'm not an enthusiast according to your list...

...which can mean anything... But there are a few in the list that would disqualify a lot of people from being an enthusiast. Hilarious convo... only on TPU. o_O

If you are talking about me I class an enthusiast as anyone who has any of those points and you did help me out when I posted about the Intel 660P and you responded with Crucial and Sabrent drives.

System Name 3 "rigs"-gaming/spare pc/cruncher
Processor R7-5800X3D/i7-7700K/R9-7950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme/Asus Ranger Z170/Asus ROG Crosshair X670E-GENE
Cooling Bitspower monoblock ,custom open loop,both passive and active/air tower cooler/air tower cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4/32GB DDR4/64GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6900XT Alphacooled/AMD RX5700XT 50th Aniv./SOC(onboard)
Storage mix of sata ssds/m.2 ssds/mix of sata ssds+an m.2 ssd
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2410 , HP 24x
Case mb box/Silverstone Raven RV-05/CoolerMaster Q300L
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard/onboard
Power Supply 3 Seasonics, a DeltaElectronics, a FractalDesing
Mouse various/various/various
Keyboard various wired and wireless
VR HMD -
Software W10.someting or another,all 3
All summed, regarding and not just electronics might be a subjective point of view , analogous to the "new toy" excitement.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
For me an enthusiast is anyone into a particular product or industry that does things like what we do here and I will list them.

1. Have theoretical conversations about products
2. Help the uninitiated with their problems
3. Have at least something from the current gen (NVME expansion card)
4. Take courses or read literature on technology
5. Get excited for new product releases (TR3, Comet Lake)
6. Be passionate about your purchases
7. Be informed before you buy anything
8. Do your own testing (if you can) on products instead of watching Youtube videos and taking that as gospel
9. Have more equipment than you will ever need
10. Be biased based on experience on what you recommend but not in a negative way.
Glad you have your own list of who can be an enthusiast but not all of it is true or valid. As a matter of fact I disagree with the list. I'm a Universe enthusiast. I'm interested in this but i don't go in space. (Not sure I'd go there if I could). Movie enthusiasts. I like horrors but it doesn't mean I'm making movies. Rocket enthusiast. I'm interested in rockets etc. but i don't have my own. Car enthusiast. i got few but it doesn't mean I fix them or build my own car. What you are listed is your idea maybe of what an enthusiast is or who can be an enthusiast but that doesn't go along with the book you know.

3. Have at least something from the current gen (NVME expansion card)
I don't have anything from the current gen does this mean I'm not an enthusiast?
6. Be passionate about your purchases
7. Be informed before you buy anything
Be informed about what you buy? What is that even mean?

I disagree with most of the stuff you wrote. An enthusiast of something, simply means you are interested in certain subject. Like computers.
Be informed about what you buy I'd rather say do your own research before you purchase stuff. Ask others for opinion about something to make sure you are correct or if you have doubts.
9. Have more equipment than you will ever need
That's just stupid bro :)

10. Be biased based on experience on what you recommend but not in a negative way.
I know this is based on a "now situation" about fanboys and which side you are on. You people say it doesn't matter if you're red or green or whatever and then you write something like that :)
Amazing how you want to divide the community into more groups with different point of view or preference. Honestly, I'm not sure how can you be biased based on experience an if i understand it correctly what you wanted to say.

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , oculus rift S.2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. SONY bravia 1080p, . 3.17" 120 hz display
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
I allways thought a enthusiast is someone who persues a interest with joy and vigor but im quite quite mad :)

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
Glad you have your own list of who can be an enthusiast but not all of it is true or valid. As a matter of fact I disagree with the list. I'm a Universe enthusiast. I'm interested in this but i don't go in space. (Not sure I'd go there if I could). Movie enthusiasts. I like horrors but it doesn't mean I'm making movies. Rocket enthusiast. I'm interested in rockets etc. but i don't have my own. Car enthusiast. i got few but it doesn't mean I fix them or build my own car. What you are listed is your idea maybe of what an enthusiast is or who can be an enthusiast but that doesn't go along with the book you know.

I don't have anything from the current gen does this mean I'm not an enthusiast?

And yet you have a Vega 64, 2700X and X470 and that is not current gen?

Be informed about what you buy? What is that even mean?

Did you just buy the first Vega 64 that you saw and why not a reference model?

I disagree with most of the stuff you wrote. An enthusiast of something, simply means you are interested in certain subject. Like computers.
Be informed about what you buy I'd rather say do your own research before you purchase stuff. Ask others for opinion about something to make sure you are correct or if you have doubts.

That's just stupid bro :)

What does being informed mean did you just buy Samsung drives on a whim? Does it not include gaining knowledge by doing the exact same things you mentioned?

I know this is based on a "now situation" about fanboys and which side you are on. You people say it doesn't matter if you're red or green or whatever and then you write something like that :)
Amazing how you want to divide the community into more groups with different point of view or preference. Honestly, I'm not sure how can you be biased based on experience an if i understand it correctly what you wanted to say.

I will give you 2 examples of my bias. Many people like to bash on the Bulldozer/Piledriver series of chips. Many of them did not even own Piledriver but yet (i"m sure someone will respond) as an owner of a FX8320 I was quite happy with the upgrade from the 1090T. The other bias I have is Gigabyte and the quality of their current offerings. I have not owned a GIgabyte board that has not given me the D0 postcode and refuse to boot. I will probably never buy another Gigabyte board and on the flipside As Rock are the most bullet proof boards you can buy (in my opinion) based on my own experience. So if someone posted a thread about which X470 board to buy I would recommend As Rock. I am not trying to divide anything I will always defend tech that I think is good based on my own experience with that tech and that is what I meant.

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , oculus rift S.2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. SONY bravia 1080p, . 3.17" 120 hz display
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
I have a FX8350 and still love it, ive allways been one for the quirky. it did the job and has never let me down and kept me warm in winter.

Intel was always more expensive. And they easily outselled AMD anyway. Because there's more to products than just performance and price. And there's more to business than just getting few years of sales and review praise.

Intel was more expensive back in Athlon days when AMD offered similar performance and occasionally more modern products.
Back then we also had people saying "there's no reason to buy Intel anymore" and "it's the end of Intel".
Less than a decade later most PC users forgot what AMD is or thought they went out of business.

For me this Zen situation isn't that much different.
They'll hit a wall at maybe 20% market share and then what?

No they don't.

They can ask more for many reasons: better positioning, better marketing, better OEM agreements, better brand. It doesn't matter.
People will rather pay $200 for an Intel CPU than $180 for identical AMD CPU.
That's it.

Intel still comfortably outsells AMD, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Because the gap was too large.

I mean... seriously... do I have to paste a supply-demand graph or what?
What exactly do you struggle to understand? I'll try to focus on that part.

You are in denial my friend. 10nm has failed miserably and now the hope is 7nm is going to work. Intel's supremecy was largely due to their manufacturing process was better than anyone elses,by far. No more. I dare you to buy Intel stock right now and sell AMD.

You are in denial my friend. 10nm has failed miserably and now the hope is 7nm is going to work. Intel's supremecy was largely due to their manufacturing process was better than anyone elses,by far. No more.
People on PC forums like to use the word "denial", but there's really little substance behind most of the time. Just like here.

The basic thing I said: Intel doesn't have to match AMD on performance/price to sell more. That's it.
Stop thinking so much about manufacturing process. It's just a factor. It's not relevant for customers.

Intel sold more in the Athlon days.
They sell more now despite an obvious Zen2 7nm advantage.
You can keep mocking me or you can just check the facts.

Sure, AMD makes attractive products since 2017 and that definitely hit Intel on sales and margin. But it's nowhere near the catastrophic scenarios that AMD fanboys here talk about ("no reason to buy Intel", "AMD outsell Intel 2:1" etc).
I dare you to buy Intel stock right now and sell AMD.
Intel stock just went up because of very good Q3 results (both revenue and earnings). Not that I own any. It's not an interesting segment right now.

System Name HydroAMD
Processor AMD Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Watercooling: 360mm Fans: 6x Corsair RGB 120mm
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo @ 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Black
Storage Samsung Evo 960 500GB - 2TB HP EX950 m.2 - 1TB 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 32" Curved QHD C32HG70 2560Ă—1440
Case Corsair Crystal 570X
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum XT
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy - 18284
I remember when TPU posted legit articles. What the hell is this crap?

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
I will give you 2 examples of my bias. Many people like to bash on the Bulldozer/Piledriver series of chips. Many of them did not even own Piledriver but yet (i"m sure someone will respond) as an owner of a FX8320 I was quite happy with the upgrade from the 1090T. The other bias I have is Gigabyte and the quality of their current offerings. I have not owned a GIgabyte board that has not given me the D0 postcode and refuse to boot. I will probably never buy another Gigabyte board and on the flipside As Rock are the most bullet proof boards you can buy (in my opinion) based on my own experience. So if someone posted a thread about which X470 board to buy I would recommend As Rock. I am not trying to divide anything I will always defend tech that I think is good based on my own experience with that tech and that is what I meant.
You know. People having opinion about something connected to computer industry doesn't make them enthusiasts and also not enthusiasts. You have the right to your opinion based on legit information, your own experience or other when you draw a conclusion. Bulldozer wasn't a good product and that is why they are bashing it. If they know this from their own experience because they won the CPU or collect information and draw conclusion it doesn't matter if they say tell the truth and their conclusions are supported with arguments. AsRock for me was always a bad product. However, one day I decided to buy a motherboard (Z77 extreme 4) with 3770k processor and I was amazed of the quality. AsRock wasn't always good but i gave it a shot after the company has developed some quality over time.

I understand what you are saying. I disagree with you that if somebody doesn’t own a CPU or a graphics card is not an enthusiast in any way and shouldn't say anything about the product itself. Being an enthusiast has nothing to do with owning any PC gear in this case. If they comment (bash on as you said) on a product, they should support this with arguments, which are true. Everyone has a right to have opinions on a certain subject but you need to have arguments to support your opinion, facts that will prove you are correct with your opinion. If, on the other hand, your arguments are dismissed, have the guts to admit a failure and move on.

Last edited:
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
You know. People having opinion about something connected to computer industry doesn't make them enthusiasts and also not enthusiasts. You have the right to your opinion based on legit information, your own experience or other when you draw a conclusion. Bulldozer wasn't a good product and that is why they are bashing on it. If they know this from their own experience because they won the CPU or collect information and draw conclusion it doesn't matter if they say tell the truth and their conclusions are supported with arguments. AsRock for me was always a bad product. However, one day I decided to buy a motherboard (Z77 extreme 4) with 3770k processor and I was amazed of the quality. AsRock wasn't always good but i gave it a shot after the company has developed some quality over time.

I understand what you are saying. I disagree with you that if somebody doesn’t own a CPU or a graphics card is not an enthusiast in any way and shouldn't say anything about the product itself. Being an enthusiast has nothing to do with owning any PC gear in this case. If they comment (bash on as you said) on a product, they should support this with arguments, which are true. Everyone has a right to have opinions on a certain subject but you need to have arguments to support your opinion, facts that will prove you are correct with your opinion. If, on the other hand, your arguments are dismissed, have the guts to admit a failure and move on.

I think that at the end of the day we are on the same page but showing the exact side of each other's arguments. The reason I say that is your comment about As rock is exactly what I was saying in terms of being an enthusiast. You did not trust As rock because of experience but were pleasantly surprised by the improvement in quality when you decided to take a chance I did the exact same thing. The reason I referenced Gigabyte is that I used to trust them and now my trust has gone over to As rock. I see you as an enthusiast and not a user because of the adult way you are managing our conversation but also by the tech you have in your computer.

I am not stating that a person should not but again we are talking about the same things. If I made a comment like Ryzen processors are garbage because "Johnny who who" says so and you knew that all I have even owned is Intel would I be a fanboy or enthusiast? If I said Ryzen processors are not as good as Intel in some things and you saw that I owned both would I be a fanboy or enthusiast? I do want to comment that it is healthy to have an adult debate without it falling into a mud slinging contest.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
People on PC forums like to use the word "denial", but there's really little substance behind most of the time. Just like here.

The basic thing I said: Intel doesn't have to match AMD on performance/price to sell more. That's it.
Stop thinking so much about manufacturing process. It's just a factor. It's not relevant for customers.

Intel sold more in the Athlon days.
They sell more now despite an obvious Zen2 7nm advantage.
You can keep mocking me or you can just check the facts.

Sure, AMD makes attractive products since 2017 and that definitely hit Intel on sales and margin. But it's nowhere near the catastrophic scenarios that AMD fanboys here talk about ("no reason to buy Intel", "AMD outsell Intel 2:1" etc).

Intel stock just went up because of very good Q3 results (both revenue and earnings). Not that I own any. It's not an interesting segment right now.

Your aware of Intel being fined and paying and because of why they sold more than and during p4 I hope. If not here is a refresher. Intel offered oems under tray pricing or free for some chips to a company that refused to sell and computers or that only put out the extreme budget and towers with slow memory and hard drives.

This meant say your Pentium 4 might have a 7200rpm drive with 512mb dual channel while their 939 offering got a 5400rpm with 512mb single channel likely at ddr333 vs Intel getting ddr400 or later getting ddr2 667 vs and ddr2 533. HP, Compaq, emachines where famous for this tactic.

I've got a copaq with an a64 3500 originally it had 80gb 5400rpm drive and a single 512 stick of pc2700, when given a 7200 drive it got much faster but the average consumer didn't know.

Intel was forced to pay a billion dollars for this literal crime.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling AMD Stealth
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Nope. Intel hasn't paid the EU fine and they're likely to win in court.

Well boy someone tell and they never got that check from Intel

Well boy someone tell and they never got that check from Intel
Fines are set by the executives (authorities that enforce law). That's what the EU commission did. An EU commission is made up of politicians and their job is to fine as many companies as they can.
And if a company thinks commission made a mistake (or the fine is too high), they can ask a court to rule.

Intel went to court with this case and from the start it wasn't obvious. After 10 years it's very probable that it'll be canceled or significantly lowered.

It's the same story as with traffic fines. Police' job is to fine people for traffic offenses. But they make mistakes. You can always ask a court to check.

So in short: as of today Intel isn't held responsible for anything and they don't have to pay anything.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling AMD Stealth
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Fines are set by the executives (authorities that enforce law). That's what the EU commission did. An EU commission is made up of politicians and their job is to fine as many companies as they can.
And if a company thinks commission made a mistake (or the fine is too high), they can ask a court to rule.

Intel went to court with this case and from the start it wasn't obvious. After 10 years it's very probable that it'll be canceled or significantly lowered.

It's the same story as with traffic fines. Police' job is to fine people for traffic offenses. But they make mistakes. You can always ask a court to check.

So in short: as of today Intel isn't held responsible for anything and they don't have to pay anything.
They where in the American courts and paid heavily for it

System Name Lightning
Processor 4790K
Motherboard asrock z87 extreme 3
Cooling hwlabs black ice 20 fpi radiator, cpu mosfet blocks, MCW60 cpu block, full cover on 780Ti's
Memory corsair dominator platinum 2400C10, 32 giga, DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x780Ti
Storage intel S3700 400GB, samsung 850 pro 120 GB, a cheep intel MLC 120GB, an another even cheeper 120GB
Display(s) eizo foris fg2421
Case 700D
Audio Device(s) ESI Juli@
Power Supply seasonic platinum 1000
Mouse mx518
Software Lightning v2.0a
you know you guys keep say RIP intel etc....but the true is AMD is failed: they only win becuase 7 nm > 14 nm, don't forget that is not fair to compare vs intel
just like they failed in video cards it just that they failed in video cards 2x more than in processors: 7 nm < 14 nm
you wanne say AMD is good ? compare 1:1 7 to 7 or 14 to 14 etc
remember AMD is barely winning using 7 nm vs a 14 nm, when intel make they 10 nm processor, only then you can compare it to AMD 7 nm one
only thing true about the compare is AMD more forward in creation technology, it doesn't meen that they are forward in chip architecture

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling AMD Stealth
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Mouse Logitech Mx510
you know you guys keep say RIP intel etc....but the true is AMD is failed: they only win becuase 7 nm > 14 nm, don't forget that is not fair to compare vs intel
just like they failed in video cards it just that they failed in video cards 2x more than in processors: 7 nm < 14 nm
remember AMD is barely winning using 7 nm vs a 14 nm, when intel make they 10 nm processor, only then you can compare it to AMD 7 nm one
only thing true about the compare is AMD more forward in creation technology, it doesn't meen that they are forward in chip architecture

Really that's absolute non sense, the Intel 9k and 10k chips are the zen2 competitors,

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
AMD failed with Ryzen? Ow that is a squeaker. Care to explain a bit more?
People compare CPU to CPU or performance to performance not node to node or cache mem to cache mem. What's not fair here and what's your point?
As I see it AMD didn't fail actually the opposite. AMD now is giving Intel a great deal of stimulus in terms of performance and pricing. You can see this with current price drops and Intels new 9000 series processors refreshes and new 10 gen release.
I'm surprised you said AMD has failed cause i simply can't see it. If you say that Intel has still bigger market share than AMD then dahhh. How can AMD get 50% in 2 years time when it took Intel 10 years to get where it is now? Don't expect miracles here. It will take a lot of time and effort for AMD to get back in the market and match sales with Intel. (if it ever happens that is) The fact that AMD has abetter product is obvious so get your head outta your ass please.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling AMD Stealth
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Mouse Logitech Mx510
AMD failed with Ryzen? Ow that is a squeaker. Care to explain a bit more?
People compare CPU to CPU or performance to performance not node to node or cache mem to cache mem. What's not fair here and what's your point?
As I see it AMD didn't fail actually the opposite. AMD now is giving Intel a great deal of stimulus in terms of performance and pricing. You can see this with current price drops and Intels new 9000 series processors refreshes and new 10 gen release.
I'm surprised you said AMD has failed cause i simply can't see it. If you say that Intel has still bigger market share than AMD then dahhh. How can AMD get 50% in 2 years time when it took Intel 10 years to get where it is now? Don't expect miracles here. It will take a lot of time and effort for AMD to get back in the market and match sales with Intel. (if it ever happens that is) The fact that AMD has abetter product is obvious so get your head outta your ass please.

Same argument heard back in 2004, i swear i've heard it before, the intel fanboys come out and demand fairness. My only other response to anyone claiming its not fair is, who said life is fair, they don't like a midget play in the NBA, and i don't hear anyone shouting that aint fair.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Same argument heard back in 2004, i swear i've heard it before, the intel fanboys come out and demand fairness. My only other response to anyone claiming its not fair is, who said life is fair, they don't like a midget play in the NBA, and i don't hear anyone shouting that aint fair.
I get what you are saying but please don't say that life ain't fair and so as this ain't fair. This is fair since you compare oranges to oranges. Life is a bit different and can't be compared to any other life but you compare CPU to CPU. Because it is a machine not a human being and it doesn't live or is alive. Keep that in mind. Compare CPU to CPU not the nodes it is being manufactured at. Do not encourage people to twist words/phrases and use them especially with life in the sentence.

They where in the American courts and paid heavily for it
Honestly, I don't track all court cases in US - not even the Intel ones (they must have dozens yearly).
Can you point such a case?

I know about just two billion-level situations:
One is the EU antitrust that's still going on.
And one was an agreement between Intel and AMD.
Neither of these was a result of a court judgement.

System Name Lightning
Processor 4790K
Motherboard asrock z87 extreme 3
Cooling hwlabs black ice 20 fpi radiator, cpu mosfet blocks, MCW60 cpu block, full cover on 780Ti's
Memory corsair dominator platinum 2400C10, 32 giga, DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x780Ti
Storage intel S3700 400GB, samsung 850 pro 120 GB, a cheep intel MLC 120GB, an another even cheeper 120GB
Display(s) eizo foris fg2421
Case 700D
Audio Device(s) ESI Juli@
Power Supply seasonic platinum 1000
Mouse mx518
Software Lightning v2.0a

CPU is made from silicon, performance also come from silicon, that is whay it's node to node
I don't care about fair or not and yhe sure AMD is winning even if only by a littel I don't say that it's bad
I don't realy care about market, but it's part of what I meen...
you have to understand something important: the reason that AMD is failed now is because intel is failed with 10 nm, which is they own fault
the problem of market as you say is important is this: if intel didn't failed with 10 nm, they skylake architecture would clean the florr with zen
that architecture is what ? 10 years old ? so explain to me how AMD is not a failure ?? zen is faighting (and berely winning) a 10 years old skylake cores made on a node that is twice as big

it mybe not entirely relevant but I wanne add something else to the explain, it might help understand what I meen: look at AMD video cards, failed right ?
but you say failed because the card is failed, but what if the card didn't failed and would clean the florr with 2080 ti ? that would still not be a good compare either, becuase the 14 nm is not compare to 7 nm, and the big problem of market ? is that when nvidea come out with a 7 nm version of they own - that can kill the AMD cards easy....

same CPU: right now AMD wins and I have no problem with that. the possible danger to that is when intel come up with 10 nm version of the skylake cores or whatever they have in design for 10 nm right now.... what my point ? the problem is that zen, as architecture is not superior to skylake (or haswell which is the same thing only DDR3 that's all), the diffrence is that I look at architecture not the whole CPU as you do, and in term of zen architecture, thare is nothing worth to mention: it just equal to skylake more or less in term of performance and skylake is a historic architecture

Last edited: