• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I haven't noticed a subjective interactive difference between systems for years, as long as you have decent SSD storage. Typing this on a 8700K, which is my productivity workhorse PC
And even if, whatever time you gain over the duration of your day, you'll lose waiting 30 seconds in the morning when you power on the machine

Apparently, NO. :rolleyes: Jay says in his video it's happening "everytime your system looses power long enough for the caps to drain, or you clear the CMOS, or update the BIOS, or make memory changes."
So how long does it take to drain the caps? Guess just a few hours. Needs to be tested, deal breaker for quite some.
There's the ultralong 70+ second boot first time it thinks it needs to initialize the memory. After that EVERY TIME you press the power button, no matter what you did before (except fully cut power), it takes 30+ seconds to show the BIOS screen.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
How can it be less efficient if its running at 25% higher performance? Your take is nonsensical!

I think this is a great showing by AMD, certainly blows everything right now out of the water, though I'm hoping for a price war with Intel once their 13 series processors are released. I think this and all new AMD processors can be 20% cheaper!
What kind of question is that? Do you understand what efficiency is? It's performance per watt. The 7950x at stock is less efficient than the 5950x. Heck, it's less efficient than the 12900k as well at 125 / 240 stock configuration,lol

What happens to AIO's over extended period of time when the CPU is pumping out 95°C? Can they even keep up? Will they get overwhelmed and leak or explode?
Man, stop. Just stop. Nothing pumps out temperature. Stuff pump out HEAT. Heat is not temperature. It doesn't make any freaking difference for the AIO whether your cpu is at 50c or 9000c.

Everyone is all up in arms over 95c temps. Let me explain from my point of view:

So if you have a 200watt cooler and stick a cpu that could output 200wats but wont because it will only output 150watts then you have 50watts of untapped power.
It will run cool and will always run cool but that is bad because you have some wasted performance.

With this cpu it will give max performance on every cpu cooler. It revs to 95c finishes the task and drops back to low power state.

If your cpu cooler can do 100 watts then you get 100 watts of performance and the cpu will boost till it hits 95c and will sit there until the task is complete.
If you have a cpu cooler that can handle 250 watts then the cpu will rev to whatever that limit is until the task is complete.

In essence this cpu is now operating the same as laptop cpu's that can run into heat soak with small coolers.
The cpu is now designed to give you whatever the max performance your heat sink is capable of producing.

In other words you start to see people complaining that they stuck a 100 watt cooler and are not getting the same performance as someon using a water cooling loop not understanding that the cpu is running as fast as it can go with the gimped cooler that has been stuck on it.

In other words the entire cooling narative has been flipped.
Anyone still confused about this?
Yeah, but the problem is most people won't receive the advertised performance with a standard prebuilt PC like HP, Dell, or Lenovo. So they are paying for 7900x or 7950x performance they see in the reviews, but then when they buy the PC they receive far less performance (due to the cooler etc). It's essentially a scam: Advertising performance with a high-end cooler, but then delivering far lower performance (while not disclosing it).

I'll use an analogy to cars. Assume you bought a sports car for $80k based on reviews that said the car does the 1/4 mile in 9.7 seconds. But once you purchased it, you found the car was only capable of 12.7 seconds because all the reviews had equipped custom upgrades like drag slicks for tires, custom suspension etc. Would you be happy? You paid for 9.7 seconds of performance, but received 12.7 seconds.

AMD is doing essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
I haven't noticed a subjective interactive difference between systems for years, as long as you have decent SSD storage. Typing this on a 8700K, which is my productivity workhorse PC
And even if, whatever time you gain over the duration of your day, you'll lose waiting 30 seconds in the morning when you power on the machine

Yea, I found Jay2Cents claims that everything is snappier on Ryzen 7000 a head scratcher. But he's swearing on it. :)
Experienced something only when comming from a really old PC that constantly runs into it's CPU limits to a newer more powerful one.

If true, I could overlook the 30 second bootup time. But it's still for todays (SSD) standards too long. Let's hope they can reduce it with a BIOS update.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
If true, I could overlook the 30 second bootup time. But it's still for todays (SSD) standards too long. Let's hope they can reduce it with a BIOS update.
I hope so too. Just to clarify, this long "boot time" isn't storage dependent. It happens way before anything is initialized, during memory training. So once those 30 seconds are over you get to see the motherboard POST screen, then the POST finishes and the OS boot screen comes up, then the OS boots, then you see the login/desktop, all of which add even more time

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Yea, I found Jay2Cents claims that everything is snappier on Ryzen 7000 a head scratcher. But he's swearing on it. :)
Experienced something only when comming from a really old PC that constantly runs into it's CPU limits to a newer more powerful one.

You're watching Jayz2Cents, that's your error.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
The temperature at the AIO "side" is much lower. Technically bad things can happen if water inside an AIO starts to boil, because it expands, but I never even heard of such a case, nor experienced it. The thermal gradient CPU silicon -> IHS glue -> IHS -> coldplate -> water inside block would probably be too big for that to happen in the first place
There is absolutely no way for this to happen, even bringing it up as something worth considering is just silly. Heck, boiling any amount of water with a puny 200W heat source is near impossible - most electric kettles are 10x that or more - and doubly so when that water is being run through a radiator. You need massive amounts of energy input to facilitate phase change.

As you point to, but which could be said much more clearly, the absolute temperature of the silicon doesn't directly relate to water temperature - that's a function of wattage and thermal transfer. These new Ryzens seem to run (very) hot due to very thick IHSes - i.e. due to heat transfer from the die to the cooler being slow and relatively inefficient, driving up silicon temperatures. It's a question of where the system finds an equilibrium between cooling, thermal transfer and heat output, not something as simple as "hot cpu=hot water".

Processor i7-7700k @5ghz
Motherboard Asus strix Z270-F
Cooling EK AIO 240mm
Memory Hyper-X ( 16 GB - XMP )
Video Card(s) RTX 2080 super OC
Storage 512GB - WD(Nvme) + 1TB WD SDD
Display(s) Acer Nitro 165Hz OC
Case Deepcool Mesh 55
Audio Device(s) Razer Karken X
Power Supply Asus TUF gaming 650W brozen
Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless & Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Cooler Master K70
Software Win 10
System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
There is absolutely no way for this to happen, even bringing it up as something worth considering is just silly. Heck, boiling any amount of water with a puny 200W heat source is near impossible - most electric kettles are 10x that or more - and doubly so when that water is being run through a radiator. You need massive amounts of energy input to facilitate phase change.

As you point to, but which could be said much more clearly, the absolute temperature of the silicon doesn't directly relate to water temperature - that's a function of wattage and thermal transfer. These new Ryzens seem to run (very) hot due to very thick IHSes - i.e. due to heat transfer from the die to the cooler being slow and relatively inefficient, driving up silicon temperatures. It's a question of where the system finds an equilibrium between cooling, thermal transfer and heat output, not something as simple as "hot cpu=hot water".
To expand on that, for people that don't understand.

The bigger the temperature difference between your cooler and your CPU, the more heat is able to be transferred. For example, when your CPU is at 40c and your cooler at 30c, we have a δΤ of 10c, and so the cpu can only transfer 50w to the cooler. Therefore if the CPU draws 200w, the CPU temperature will increase. Then the CPU will reach 60c with your cooler at 30c, now the δΤ is 30c and more heat can be transferred (let's say 100w). So the CPU will keep heating up, until it reaches 95c. Now we have a δΤ of 65c between the CPU and the cooler, and now we can transfer 200w at 65δΤ, so the cpu will stop heating up, since all of the wattage it consumes is transferred to the heatsink.

Regarding boiling the water, just lol. A 360 AIO can keep water temps at around 7c over ambient with a constant 250w heatload. So, usually it would never exceed 40c, unless i don't know, you turn the fans completely off or something

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11

Man where did you study physics, water has a heat capacity of 4.2 joules per gram per degree C, a 200W kettle can boil 1L of water (from 30C-100C) in about 20mins
1Wh = 3600J

Last edited:
System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Man where did you study physics, water has a heat capacity of 4.2 joules per gram per degree C, a 200W kettle can boil 1L of water (from 30C-100C) in about 20mins
If the water in the kettle goes through a radiator with active airflow, it will never boil the water

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
If the water in the kettle goes through a radiator with active airflow, it will never boil the water

Yup, and the heat dissipation at the radiator is more efficient the higher temp difference between ambient/coolant, that's why 120mm AIO can even cool 300W GPU but the coolant will reach higher temp at equilibrium.

That being said, with coolant temp at above 60C, lots of things can go wrong.

ComputerBase said:
...the Ryzen 9 7950X requires significantly less energy than the slightly faster Core i9-12900KS, which, however, also draws 168 watts on average for the 1 percent more FPS and thus 50 watts more than the AMD CPU. In extreme cases, the gap can widen significantly: In Spider-Man Remastered including ray tracing, the Ryzen 9 7950X, for example, uses 129 watts, but the Core i9-12900K uses 218 watts. The difference here is 89 watts.

Good power consumption during gaming. Matches 12900KS (1% gap) but draws a lot less power.

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
You're watching Jayz2Cents, that's your error.

I am watching them all. ;) But this statement was just standing out, made me curious.

On that note, here's something about power consumption & the ECO mode:

The 7950X beats the 12900K even in the 65w ECO mode in Cinebench R23 nT. o_O Holy smokes!
And only 10% performance hit when you switch to the 105w ECO mode.

Yes, it's theoretically impossibe. :) The surface of a water radiator is big enough to dissipate the heat from the small size of a CPU.
The CPU would have to reach melting temperatures to make water boil.

However, if the pump fails and there is no water circulation it could increase pressure in the system. Higher temperatures can also affect the AIO's lifespan:
TPU: does high aio liquid temperature affect its lifespan?

Btw. what is the IHS made out of, aluminium? If it where made out of pure copper heat dissipation would be quite better.
Would be a bit more expensive, but it would also use less power, potentially runs faster & reduces degredation of the CPU.

Last edited:
System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
95C is now Normal :)
AMD changed the boost behaviour to be like a GPU
CPU T die : GPU T junction

The CPU will keep boosting on all threads as long as there is thermal headroom and power headroom.

Not like the previous generation with separated boost limits depending on thread loading.

I think this is some kind of 'Intel MCE' counterpart since they basically did the same thing.

System Name Dirt Sheep | Silent Sheep
Processor i5-2400 | 13900K (-0.025mV offset)
Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE | Gigabyte AERO Z690-G, bios F26 with "Instant 6 GHz" on
Cooling Scythe Katana Type 1 | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black
Memory G-skill 2*8GB DDR3 | Corsair Vengeance 4*32GB DDR5 5200Mhz C40 @4000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 970GTX Mini | NV 1080TI FE (cap at 85%, 800mV)
Storage 2*SN850 1TB, 230S 4TB, 840EVO 128GB, WD green 2TB HDD, IronWolf 6TB, 2*HC550 18TB in RAID1
Display(s) LG 21` FHD W2261VP | Lenovo 27` 4K Qreator 27
Case Thermaltake V3 Black|Define 7 Solid, stock 3*14 fans+ 2*12 front&buttom+ out 1*8 (on expansion slot)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 990 (or the screen speakers when I'm too lazy)
Power Supply Enermax Pro82+ 525W | Corsair RM650x (2021)
Mouse Logitech Master 3
Keyboard Roccat Isku FX
VR HMD Nop.
Software WIN 10 | WIN 11
Benchmark Scores CB23 SC: i5-2400=641 | i9-13900k=2325-2281 MC: i5-2400=i9 13900k SC | i9-13900k=37240-35500
Will a na-u12a be able to handel it?

And if so, how do you think the noise output will look like across time comper to a 12900k with the same coller and work load?

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
What a CPU, to have basically double the amount of P cores then the 12900K, better IPC, and still use less power and be cooler then the 12900K is just amazing!

I have doubts you could make it explode even without fans on the radiator to aid in the cooling because the CPU is designed to throttle anyway plus it also will shut off if a certain temp is exceeded. There damn near no way you could make AIO explode with pretty much any CPU w/o it being deliberate user error. You could have a leak, but that is a different can of worms.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
1Wh = 3600J
... assuming zero heat transfer into the surrounding air. Which, in case you missed it, is not how reality tends to work. So ... maybe you should have paid more attention during physics class? Also: boiling is not equal to water temperature being 100°C. Boiling means rapid phase change (above the general evaporation of water into ambient air, which is also temperature dependent but happens even at freezing temperatures). Bringing water up to ~100°C is not sufficient to boil it - you need significant excess energy to tip it over the phase change threshold. As temperatures rise, water evaporation would increase, which would slow temperature rise as said evaporation dissipates heat into ambient air - and evaporation also drives convection, causing airflow around the water and container, further increasing thermal transfer. And, of course, as thermal deltas increase, water-air thermal transfer would also increase. The hotter the water got, the more of its heat would be transferred into the air, and the more energy you would need to put into the system to heat it up further. Would this reach equilibrium for a 200W heat source before boiling? That depends on the container, ambient air temperatures, and a bunch of other variables. In a sufficiently sealed container it would eventually boil with a 200W heat source, sure, but it would take ages unless it was covered in thick insulation.
Yup, and the heat dissipation at the radiator is more efficient the higher temp difference between ambient/coolant, that's why 120mm AIO can even cool 300W GPU but the coolant will reach higher temp at equilibrium.
Which in turn points back to the problem (if it really is a problem) with these chips: high thermal resistance and a resulting low ability to get said heat into the cooling system while keeping the chip at low temperatures (unlike GPUs, with their low thermal density and direct die cooling).
That being said, with coolant temp at above 60C, lots of things can go wrong.
That's true - both plastics and pumps can fail at those temperatures. But again, for that you need efficient thermal transfer from the heat source - excactly what these CPUs lack. The exact reason why the CPU reaches 95°C is that it isn't transferring its thermal energy efficiently into the cooling loop - so water temperatures will be quite low.
I have doubts you could make it explode even without fans on the radiator to aid in the cooling because the CPU is designed to throttle anyway plus it also will shut off if a certain temp is exceeded. There damn near no way you could make AIO explode with pretty much any CPU w/o it being deliberate user error. You could have a leak, but that is a different can of worms.
Water does like to evaporate even at freezing temperatures, but AFAIK that requires it to actually be in contact with air (i.e. it doesn't spontaneously transition into gas if in a closed, air-free container). Beyond that, 95°C is below 100°C, and thus can't boil water, and according to this, propylene glycol additives increase the boiling point of coolants. So no, there would under no circumstances be any explosions or pressure-related leaks.

System Name Lexx
Processor Threadripper 2950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Zenith Extreme
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32/64GB Corsair 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Liquid Devil 6900XT
Storage 4TB Solid State PCI/NVME/M.2
Display(s) LG 34" Curved Ultrawide 160Hz
Case Thermaltake View T71
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Asus
VR HMD NA
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, but the problem is most people won't receive the advertised performance with a standard prebuilt PC like HP, Dell, or Lenovo.

You know this, so why buy a branded unit from HP, Dell or Lonovo where corners will be cut?!?

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
However, if the pump fails and there is no water circulation it could increase pressure in the system. Higher temperatures can also affect the AIO's lifespan:
TPU: does high aio liquid temperature affect its lifespan?
That is true, but only if said heat is actually effectively transferred into the loop - and the problem here is that it isn't. The die is hot precisely because it fails to effectively transfer its heat into the cooling system, so despite the die being hotter, water (and general AIO) temperatures won't be.
Btw. what is the IHS made out of, aluminium? If it where made out of pure copper heat dissipation would be quite better.
Would be a bit more expensive, but it would also use less power, potentially runs faster & reduces degredation of the CPU.
IHSes are pure copper, with nickel plating for protection (and often gold plating on the inside to aid in soldering).

I don't understand why people don't get this.... My 5950X runs around 68C while fully stressed but puts out very little heat, My 3080ti on the other hand running around 65C is dumping a crap ton of heat into my case/room because it's consuming more than double the wattage even though it is running relatively cool.
Thermodynamics is a bitch! Many people ended their lives just studying it, incl. the 'father' of the discipline, the great Boltzmann.

Processor i7-7700k @5ghz
Motherboard Asus strix Z270-F
Cooling EK AIO 240mm
Memory Hyper-X ( 16 GB - XMP )
Video Card(s) RTX 2080 super OC
Storage 512GB - WD(Nvme) + 1TB WD SDD
Display(s) Acer Nitro 165Hz OC
Case Deepcool Mesh 55
Audio Device(s) Razer Karken X
Power Supply Asus TUF gaming 650W brozen
Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless & Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Cooler Master K70
Software Win 10
AMD changed the boost behaviour to be like a GPU
CPU T die : GPU T junction

The CPU will keep boosting on all threads as long as there is thermal headroom and power headroom.

Not like the previous generation with separated boost limits depending on thread loading.

I think this is some kind of 'Intel MCE' counterpart since they basically did the same thing.
They might have done that :) - cant deny the fact that AMD had no options left

How does one even set the fan curves for air cooling on such a processor? If I understand correctly, it can now shoot to Tmax (95 degrees) even without the torture test like Prime95, just ordinary multicore load like unzipping, Cinebench? Even though there is still large difference in power consumption with lighter loads that push the CPU to 95 degrees, and full torture?

It's easy enough with custom water cooling, I use an Aqua Computer Quadro to run fan and pump speed relative to water temperature. But setting up a fan curve for air cooling directly from motherboard by CPU temperature will be less than ideal - either fans will overshoot often, spin at 100% when they don't need to, or you don't leave any headroom between light multicore load and a really heavy load with heavy power draw...