• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Software Adrenalin 22.11.1 WHQL Released

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
AMD late Tuesday released the AMD Software Adrenalin 22.11.1 WHQL drivers. These are essentially identical to the Adrenalin 22.11.1 beta drivers the company released on November 16, but with the added WHQL certification. Compared to the previous 22.10.3 beta drivers, these add optimization for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. It also comes with the same set of fixed and discovered issues as the 22.11.1 beta; including missing prediction lines in World of Warships on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs; an beep heard in the background when you hold down shift + backspace key with Radeon Anti-Lag enabled; visual corruption in OpenGL applications with MSAA enabled; higher than expected idle memory clocks on multi-monitor setups; and missing objects in Edificius.

DOWNLOAD: AMD Software Adrenalin 22.11.1 WHQL

Support for:
  • Call of Duty : Warzone 2.0
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Fixed Issues
  • World Of Warships prediction lines may be missing on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • When Radeon Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing the shift + back key.
  • OpenGL applications using MSAA may see visual corruption.
  • Higher than expected idle VRAM clock using multi-monitor setups on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Selected objects may be missing in Edificius.
Known Issues
  • During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon 570.
  • Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6900 XT.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Up until now I was using the 21.xx driver, as the 22.xx version had serious issues. For some reason Windows and/or AMD's software force-install seemingly at random a driver from October (2022), screwing my entire Windows session in the process, even though I have set Windows to not install drivers for me and the AMD's software to not perform any automatic checks for updates. I don't know what changed in the last few days for this behavior to start.

Anyway, fine, let's test this new WHQL version, even though I believe my original issue (that caused me to go back to the 21.xx version) is or is related to this:
During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.

If the issue persists, though, I'm going to have to start looking into switching to a RTX 3060 Ti or 3070. Maybe I will also get a card will less coil whine in Cyberpunk 2077...

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Up until now I was using the 21.xx driver, as the 22.xx version had serious issues. For some reason Windows and/or AMD's software force-install seemingly at random a driver from October (2022), screwing my entire Windows session in the process, even though I have set Windows to not install drivers for me and the AMD's software to not perform any automatic checks for updates. I don't know what changed in the last few days for this behavior to start.

Anyway, fine, let's test this new WHQL version, even though I believe my original issue (that caused me to go back to the 21.xx version) is or is related to this:

If the issue persists, though, I'm going to have to start looking into switching to a RTX 3060 Ti or 3070. Maybe I will also get a card will less coil whine in Cyberpunk 2077...
Have you tried it yet? Also, what card are you using? Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra w/ all Raytracing on will have my card in coil whine begs me to lower the settings. Instead, I stopped playing the game until I get a card that will handle the game in its visual splendor properly.

The card is a Sapphire RX 6700 XT Pulse.

Yes, I installed the 22.11.1 driver. Still getting system crashes. Audio keeps playing but the system is not responsive, and both monitors simply go to sleep. Have to use the reset button on the case. After the reboot the GPU is disabled in Device Manager so I need to reenable it, and reboot again.
The VRAM clock issue is indeed resolved/improved. Previously, I had to run my monitors in a 120Hz/50Hz configuration to avoid the VRAM clock jumping to 2000MHz, now I can bring the secondary back to 60Hz. I still can't set the primary monitor to its default 165Hz without the VRAM going sky high, but it's still an improvement.
However, I did set the secondary back to 50Hz in the hope that that would help avoid crashes, although I doubt it.

I get substantial coil whine in Cyberpunk 2077 at 1440p regardless of settings, even low. At least during the benchmark, haven't tried actually starting a new game, although I doubt it will be different.
My RM650x (2021) should arrive sometime in the next several days, which I'm hoping will improve on the coil whine and unwanted noise I get through my speakers when the GPU clock ramps up. Technically, my current RM550x (2016) should be good enough as a PSU but the proper word in my case I believe would be something like "desperation".

Anyway, if I get another crash soon with the new driver, I will report back.

TPU You missed something that is in release notes of this WHQL version and not in the Beta version:

Fixed issues:
Lower than expected DirectStorage GPU decompression performance on some Radeon™ RX Vega and RX 500/400 Series Graphics

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000

Yes, I installed the 22.11.1 driver. Still getting system crashes. Audio keeps playing but the system is not responsive, and both monitors simply go to sleep. Have to use the reset button on the case. After the reboot the GPU is disabled in Device Manager so I need to reenable it, and reboot again.
The VRAM clock issue is indeed resolved/improved. Previously, I had to run my monitors in a 120Hz/50Hz configuration to avoid the VRAM clock jumping to 2000MHz, now I can bring the secondary back to 60Hz. I still can't set the primary monitor to its default 165Hz without the VRAM going sky high, but it's still an improvement.
However, I did set the secondary back to 50Hz in the hope that that would help avoid crashes, although I doubt it.

I get substantial coil whine in Cyberpunk 2077 at 1440p regardless of settings, even low. At least during the benchmark, haven't tried actually starting a new game, although I doubt it will be different.
My RM650x (2021) should arrive sometime in the next several days, which I'm hoping will improve on the coil whine and unwanted noise I get through my speakers when the GPU clock ramps up. Technically, my current RM550x (2016) should be good enough as a PSU but the proper word in my case I believe would be something like "desperation".

Coil whine typically has to do with the GPU, not the PSU, unless it's the PSU is the actual component that's whining. I assume you're using onboard audio, and your speaker feedback would be a case of the motherboard manufacturer not shielding the audio chip on the board itself sufficiently, unless your GPU or PSU(whichever is actually whining) is producing so much coil whine as to interfere with the audio, in which case you'd probably have a legitimate reason to say your GPU or PSU is defective and RMA it, if it's still under warranty.

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11

Power limitations could be a problem for the crashes, but I don't know your system. 550W should be enough unless you have a bunch of drives and accessories or the PSU isn't supplying its rated power. /shrugs When was the last time you did a fresh install? Do you have an old card you can swap out to see if you are still getting the system crashes? As for that coil whine, sometimes you can just limit the FPS and the noise will go away. And on the 6700XT, I would not have ray tracing turned on.

Regarding coil whine, I've read a bit on it, and there seems to be some conflicting information. Some say that sometimes the PSU can have some influence over the coil whine that a graphics card produces. I don't if this is true, and, if yes, how common it is and to what extend. Also, if a graphics card is stressed and its GPU clock ramps up, this introduces some unwanted hiss/buzz/noise coming through my speakers. This happened with my previous GTX 1060 as well. So I'm trying to tackle that issue as well. I'm aware the PSU might not be at fault, but I'm running out of ideas. Again, desperation, because I really hope it isn't the motherboard (B550 Aorus Pro).
I'm using a dedicated sound card: Sound BlasterX AE-5. The issue is actually worse with the on-board audio. I did have some issues with the previous motherboard as well (B450 Pro4) so maybe the PSU, being a common denominator among all upgrades, has an issue, as unlikely as it may be.

I had a crash with the latest driver less than 15 minutes after I installed it, while the system was basically idling. I was browsing the RTX 3070 here at TPU and listening to music via foobar2000, and had only a few other programs open. However, after I switched my secondary display to 50Hz, things have become stable, at least so far.
And it's not a full system crash. As I mentioned, if there is audio playing, it continues to do so, but both monitors go to sleep, and the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive as well. I hear the beep when using the Ctrl+Shift+Win+B keyboard shortcut but it doesn't help.
It's a weird issue, and I've tried reporting it using AMD's own Bug Report Tool.

I know I can limit the FPS. In fact that is the only way I can play XCOM2. With FPS higher than 60 it starts to whine like crazy.

I had zero issues with the RX 6700 XT and its driver while I was running two 1080p/60Hz Dell monitors, the system was rock solid. The moment I replaced one of them with a MAG274QRF-QD, the 22.xx AMD driver began going haywire, whereas the 21.xx was stable.

Coil whine do not come thru speaker, they come directly from the coil on the card.

If you have something come out of speaker, that is interference from a part in your PC. This is common with integrated audio. But it been year since i had that. I now use external DAC and have no issue with that.

Also, if a graphics card is stressed and its GPU clock ramps up, this introduces some unwanted hiss/buzz/noise coming through my speakers.
You may want to switch to an external sound card, preferably USB. If your motherboard picks up electromagnetic interference (could be anything, the PSU or GPU, or the PCIe power lines on your motherboard), there is likely no fixing that unless you swap the board. Newer drivers could cause a shift in balance of power draw through the socket or 8-pin power, which makes the fault in your audio system more apparent.

@Punkenjoy
I'm aware where coil whine comes from. I was referring to two separate issues that I hope to at least improve on by replacing the PSU. And yes, I'm aware it's a long shot but as I mentioned, the key word here is "desperation".

I am already using a dedicated sound card, and not the on-board audio. Issue is still present with it, albeit it less.
I've already tried using a USB sound card. It was the Sound Blaster X3. It, unfortunately, had an issues: random clicks/pops during playback. I was even in contact with official Creative technical support. Nothing helped, but at least we narrowed it down to it being a driver issue, as the issue was present on two completely different systems (AM4 and Sandy Bridge) and goes away when Direct Mode is enabled. I was open to gambling and getting a Sound Blaster X4 card (hoping it wouldn't exhibit the issue compared to the X3) but neither of the two are have been sold here for a while now.
I don't remember anymore if I had similar issues with my previous motherboard. Still, the B550 Aorus Pro is supposedly a decently high-ish end board.

@Punkenjoy
I'm aware where coil whine comes from. I was referring to two separate issues that I hope to at least improve on by replacing the PSU. And yes, I'm aware it's a long shot but as I mentioned, the key word here is "desperation".

I am already using a dedicated sound card, and not the on-board audio. Issue is still present with it, albeit it less.
I've already tried using a USB sound card. It was the Sound Blaster X3. It, unfortunately, had an issues: random clicks/pops during playback. I was even in contact with official Creative technical support. Nothing helped, but at least we narrowed it down to it being a driver issue, as the issue was present on two completely different systems (AM4 and Sandy Bridge) and goes away when Direct Mode is enabled. I was open to gambling and getting a Sound Blaster X4 card (hoping it wouldn't exhibit the issue compared to the X3) but neither of the two are have been sold here for a while now.
I don't remember anymore if I had similar issues with my previous motherboard. Still, the B550 Aorus Pro is supposedly a decently high-ish end board.
In my opinion, you should stay away from Sound Blaster, they are overrated in my opinion. it's strange you have that with an external card.

I had many in the past and had many issue like you describe with them.

Well, the issue definitely isn't resolved, still crashed to black. Updated the chipset drivers. Hopefully it will help, although I sincerely doubt it. Next step is to try running a single monitor.
If that doesn't help and I am unable to keep the 2021 driver installed, I may need to switch to Team Green soon.

You should try this https://redd.it/yvyqc7 and this https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/d...esktop-apps-flicker-or-stutter-issues.445266/

andyb2

I have a 570 4gb and I have the same problem, I used DDU and it didn't solve it.

I don't know if the issue you are experiencing is the same as the one I had. If it is, simply using DDU won't help, you need to also install the older version 21.12.1 driver.