• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

An Enthusiast Review of CoolClouds' Revolutionary CPU Cooler Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Indis the Fair (cursed edition)
Processor 11900k 5.1/4.9 undervolted.
Motherboard MSI Z590 Unify-X
Cooling Heatkiller VI Pro, VPP755 V.3, XSPC TX360 slim radiator, 3xA12x25, 4x Arctic P14 case fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 4000 16-19-19 (b-die@3600 14-14-14 1.45v)
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid (T30-120 fan)
Storage 970EVO 1TB, 660p 1TB, WD Blue 3D 1TB, Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2546K, Dell P2417H
Case FD Define 7
Audio Device(s) DT770 Pro, Topping A50, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Røde VXLR+, Modmic 5
Power Supply Seasonic 860w Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Mini, Odin Infinity mousepad
Keyboard GMMK Fullsize v2 (Boba U4Ts)
Software Win10 x64/Win7 x64/Ubuntu
Ignoring the fact that IMO this is crappy marketing. I don't either think the product has any potential. Why try to put everything hanging of the mobo if you can put a 240mm in the top of your case and get a load of extra cooling.

If anything, the sheer weight of such a contraption is a liability to the CPU and/or motherboard.

TheHobbyist

How can it be 47C over ambient? that would be like 90C over here!

You are correct! The cores were approaching 90C during the 100% load overclocked testing!

I know of the Deltas, had a 60mm in the day and it could keep you awake at night.

This is the truth! They have awesome performance, but there is no way I could run that day in and day out!

Ignoring the fact that IMO this is crappy marketing. I don't either think the product has any potential. Why try to put everything hanging of the mobo if you can put a 240mm in the top of your case and get a load of extra cooling.

If anything, the sheer weight of such a contraption is a liability to the CPU and/or motherboard.

Hello GorbazTheDragon!

The prototype in the review weighs the same as the Noctua NH-D14 that is also in the review. I think the weight fear is overstated.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
90c at the core is unacceptable for aftermarket cooling especially water cooling ...
the kracken x31 is 80.00 usd SHIPPED and will perform better
sorry man but you have a DUD here its to heavy the performance is to low and the price will be to high and there is ZERO I REPEAT ZERO advantage to having the radiator hanging off the motherboard if anything its worse
We are going around in circles here they aren't gonna get funded and even if they did they would be blown out of the market with the plethora of solutions already present
I am unsubbing and requesting a perma-lock enough free pr I think

Last edited:

TheHobbyist

90c at the core is unacceptable for aftermarket cooling especially water cooling ...
the kracken x31 is 80.00 usd SHIPPED and will perform better
sorry man but you have a DUD here its to heavy the performance is to low and the price will be to high and there is ZERO I REPEAT ZERO advantage to having the radiator hanging off the motherboard if anything its worse
We are going around in circles here they aren't gonna get funded and even if they did they would be blown out of the market with the plethora of solutions already present
I am unsubbing and requesting a perma-lock

OneMoar, This is 90C at the core in an overclocked state and 100% synthetic load designed to create the maximum amount of heat the chip can produce. This testing methodology is the one used on most hardware review sites. I encourage you to read the review more closely. You are saying that 90C is unacceptable for aftermarket cooling, but the Corsair H80i 120mm AIO cooler and the Noctua NH D14 cooler returned worse core temps than the prototype when under the same test conditions. What you are saying does not add up. The kraken x31 is also a 120mm AIO cooler, much like the Corsair H80i 120mm AIO cooler in the review. I have no reason to believe it will perform better.

Regarding if I have a DUD or not... this is a review of a prototype that is not for sale and never will be. As it is a prototype, the weight is irrelevant (but still less than the Noctua NH D14) and it will never have a price, as it is not for sale and never will be.

This thread is not about anyone getting funded. This thread is about the review of a prototype that is in the OP.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
OneMoar, This is 90C at the core in an overclocked state and 100% synthetic load designed to create the maximum amount of heat the chip can produce. This testing methodology is the one used on most hardware review sites. I encourage you to read the review more closely. You are saying that 90C is unacceptable for aftermarket cooling, but the Corsair H80i 120mm AIO cooler and the Noctua NH D14 cooler returned worse core temps than the prototype when under the same test conditions. What you are saying does not add up. The kraken x31 is also a 120mm AIO cooler, much like the Corsair H80i 120mm AIO cooler in the review. I have no reason to believe it will perform better.

Regarding if I have a DUD or not... this is a review of a prototype that is not for sale and never will be. As it is a prototype, the weight is irrelevant (but still less than the Noctua NH D14) and it will never have a price, as it is not for sale and never will be.

This thread is not about anyone getting funded. This thread is about the review of a prototype that is in the OP.

I believe the OP has been suitably grilled by everyone, regarding the product and his intentions. He could have not bothered sticking around and answering the SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER but he didn't. Here's here, and he's taken all the shit you can throw at him. I for one would love to hear more about actual useful indepth details about the system, as opposed to whether the company who made it has their balls clasped by some big investors.

Nothing separates most AIO aftermarket coolers these days besides the token differences from the general OEM's like Asetek, and the only other coolers are tower ones, of which there are the token 3 (Noctua, Phanteks, and Cryorig) which are general received as the best performers in their class. What we really need to see is the top 3 single rad AIO's, and the top 3 tower coolers, and this, to see just exactly how well it performs in similar tests, we will of course need to know eventually whether its cost is parallel to its performance.

Also ignore OneMoar, he's always been a high-octane angry person at everything, and has been banned from TPU teamspeaks a number of times. I wouldn't take anything he says personally, or as a representation of what the rest of us on the forum think. It says quite specifically in his sig he is not here to be nice, therefore I don't see what relevance not-nice posts can have.

I personally, would love to see more high quality images of the cooler from all angles.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
I still believe this thread is some weird ass attempt at marketing or whatever.
It stinks from the very beginning. A huge successful company that has been doing this for years noone ever heard of asks a completely random hippie they find on a street to test their hyper awesome innovative revolutionary cooler prototype for them, and he quickly registers on some forum(s) to share it (and is allowed to) with people just because he loves the community and blabla. Yeah and I am Satan Claus.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I think at this point, it would be a good idea to close the thread (again), it seems all questions have been asked, all have been answered and there seems little point in letting individuals derail it further, thanks for everyones contribution and for the OP sharing his findings with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.