• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Android X86 Club

I have wait for 1-2 hours for first stage setup runtimes, before then it turned off by itself, when I turn it on, still the same process, before then it turned off again.
Which version are you using?

EDIT:
This is the one I've been playing around with and it seems the more stable version;

bpm

a bit oft to know my problem and what i tried before i found this board.

i want to run sky go (or sky x) on my chromebook (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08DBDFL9V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

this was working until december. but sky decided to prevent the app to run on chromeOS. since then i am struggling around.
with much searching i was able to get it running on my rooted phone again (even magisk hide was not enought. but with app manager it is possible)

on my chromebook (everything is tried with qemukvm) i tried this variants:
win 10 => not enought power. got it running but only for a few minutes until it stopped
win 7 => aureo theme needed => not possible to get it running within qemu
win 8.1 => got it running but just a few more minutes then with windows 10
===========================================================
here i changed the way to go, got it running on the rooted phone and thought this have to be possible with android x86 in qemu too.

but it is really hard to get startet.
tried bliss os with gearbox. but not able to install magisk. got "no internet connection" when i hit install magisk in gearbox (if bliss is booted the intrenet within is working fine)

tried a few other android x86 forks but always stuck on any other point.
in some it installes fine, but no input was recogniced on the gui.
other does not even install (error installing grub)

i dont really have linux know-how and so i have no experience with qemu too.
but i am a java developer since 20 years and so i thinik i have a basic it-knowhow ;-)

could anybody show me the right direction?
in best case an android-x86 (or fork) iso with magisk preinstalled.

not possible for me to find something like this by google.

could anybody show me the right direction?
I would try the following if you can get it to install;
The is latest release of the AndroidX86 fork of LineageOS. It's my daily driver for a Dell E6230 and performs perfectly, so that HP you linked should run smoothly if it'll install.
(Sorry for the delayed response, I was never notified of your post or would have offered some help, maybe this will still be of assistance? :toast:)

@Everyone
AndroidX86 has two new versions currently

The above mentioned 14.1R5 release of LineageOS and 8.1R6.

I've tested both and the LineageOS release seems the more stable of the two across multiple platforms(laptop/desktop).

abronola

Hi,
I just joined hoping I could get some help here regarding my HP Pro Tablet 601 G1.
I'm trying to run android-x86 on it. I tried all the CM-x86 builds already and the regular Android-x86 builds upto the latest. The major issue I have is the slowness. All the CM builds and Android-x86 version 7 and up have the same slowness issue. The only version that works smoothly is the Android-x86-6.0-r3 (it runs so very snappy no lags at all). However, the power buttons, the brightness, the audio/volumes doesn't work and the Google play keep crashing. So, I wonder if the builds slowness issue on the recent builds is something todo with the GPU manipulation feature and if it is how do we disable it?

By the way, I have these in my grub.cfg. without nomodeset xforcevesa, it won't boot. (that's not needed though on Android 6).

linux /Android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive nomodeset xforcevesa DATA=
initrd /Android/initrd.img

Thanks for the help in advance.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718256

Hi,
I just joined hoping I could get some help here regarding my HP Pro Tablet 601 G1.
I'm trying to run android-x86 on it. I tried all the CM-x86 builds already and the regular Android-x86 builds upto the latest. The major issue I have is the slowness. All the CM builds and Android-x86 version 7 and up have the same slowness issue. The only version that works smoothly is the Android-x86-6.0-r3 (it runs so very snappy no lags at all). However, the power buttons, the brightness, the audio/volumes doesn't work and the Google play keep crashing. So, I wonder if the builds slowness issue on the recent builds is something todo with the GPU manipulation feature and if it is how do we disable it?

By the way, I have these in my grub.cfg. without nomodeset xforcevesa, it won't boot. (that's not needed though on Android 6).

linux /Android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive nomodeset xforcevesa DATA=
initrd /Android/initrd.img

Thanks for the help in advance.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718256

Have you tried 4.4R5? It is possible that the tablet in question is just to slow to run the latest versions of AndroidX86 well.

BTW, welcome to TPU!