• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Just sad Harmony Gold now with funimation/sony has just ruined any chances of Macross ever getting a proper western release.
Anyway i've started watching the Netflix Alice in Borderlands with the GF..so far i'm enjoying it.

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
View attachment 176743

Moriarty the Patriot is your typical Victorian-era Bishonen ("Pretty Boy") anime about supporting commoners and their "right" to brutally murder nobles, while avoiding the watchful eyes of Sherlock Holmes.

Wait, that's not typical at all. Hmmmm... Episode 1 was intriguing. I'll give it a few more episodes. "The main character is the villain" shows are interesting to me, and I did read Sherlock Holmes stories when I was younger. I'm cautiously optimistic here. The detailed background life of Victorian England was replicated, and even plays a role in the plot and mysterious atmosphere of the first episode... as Moriarty shadows his target. Ultimately, Moriarty quickly establishes himself as a genius investigator while exploring the day-to-day life of London.

This show seems to be a crime-drama, except from the perspective of the criminals. That always makes things with a good twist. Seeing Moriarty portrayed as a Bishi is kind of hilarious: but it does work. Moriarty is clearly a charming fellow. The show holds no punches: in the 1st episode it is clear that Moriarty is a villain through-and-through, despite his devilish charms. Ultimately, this "Pretty Boy" artstyle is jarring but the show seems to work well with it. I'll get used to the dichotomy of pretty boys conducting brutal kidnappings and murders.

View attachment 176748

Thanks for this. Just came across the first volume of the manga & ordered it & I dig the theme it's going for. Will continue subscribing for additional volumes. Hoping for an official English translation of the manga if possible as my Japanese literature skills isn't that well-off.

Anyone else can recommend me some mangas that has the villain as the protagonist such as this & Death Note as I'm currently into those?

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Someone responsible for Lupin the Third in the 80's was in serious need of geography lessons:
1609614569699.png

Thanks for this. Just came across the first volume of the manga & ordered it & I dig the theme it's going for. Will continue subscribing for additional volumes. Hoping for an official English translation of the manga if possible as my Japanese literature skills isn't that well-off.

Anyone else can recommend me some mangas that has the villain as the protagonist such as this & Death Note as I'm currently into those?

Overlord

Although that's not a crime drama, Overlord is an isekai with main-character as a villainous character. Doing a lot of things villains do, but with very sound reasoning. I can go into spoilers if you like... but you'll find that its a very intriguing "grey" moral zone that is explored. I mean, its pretty obvious that this guy is the villain, right?

1609615858437.png

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, is the "other" villain anime that came out around the time of Death Note. While not nearly as tightly written as Death Note, Code Geass provides nearly non-stop action which mostly makes up for its flaws (except for one or two oddball arcs where they just "went too deep").

Reactions: Rei

Rei

Cooling Stock
Storage 6+ TB Total
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Overlord

Although that's not a crime drama, Overlord is an isekai with main-character as a villainous character. Doing a lot of things villains do, but with very sound reasoning. I can go into spoilers if you like... but you'll find that its a very intriguing "grey" moral zone that is explored. I mean, its pretty obvious that this guy is the villain, right?

View attachment 182054

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, is the "other" villain anime that came out around the time of Death Note. While not nearly as tightly written as Death Note, Code Geass provides nearly non-stop action which mostly makes up for its flaws (except for one or two oddball arcs where they just "went too deep").
Have seen both of them and also love em. For Overlord, the "villainy-ness" isn't properly emphasized and the "evil-ness" is rather "tame". Still, my second favorite Isekai after Gate: Thus The JSDF Fought There.

For Code Geass: I guess it's a matter of perspective on whether the protagonist is a villain as he is more of the citizen's hero/blacksheep. Only at the end did he really "play the role of a villain".

Permission to use the pic above as replacement for my profile pic? :peace::respect: Ainz is cool as fuck!

Have seen both of them and also love em. For Overlord, the "villainy-ness" isn't properly emphasized and the "evil-ness" is rather "tame". Still, my second favorite Isekai after Gate: Thus The JSDF Fought There.

Erm.... (Spoilers: last episode of season 3)

That was... 60,000 dead in one attack, and then Ainz feels like he needs to run out there and kill more people to emphasize the glory of his rule.

Seems like a villain to me, lol.

Rei

Cooling Stock
Storage 6+ TB Total
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Erm.... (Spoilers: last episode of season 3)

That was... 60,000 dead in one attack, and then Ainz feels like he needs to run out there and kill more people to emphasize the glory of his rule.

Seems like a villain to me, lol.
Forgot about that one. Still, it was during the last moments of Overlord.
Looking for series (hopefully manga) where the protagonist is either already evil from the get-go or just turned to villainy. Possibly something that is cruel, vulgar & gore-y with lotsa death. Currently into those types & isekai right now... And hentai... :rockout::kookoo::pimp:

Forgot about that one. Still, it was during the last moments of Overlord.

Season 2's finale was...

Literally killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians to help cover Momon's identity. The entirety of the Jaldabaoth was mainly to provide Momon a rival for propaganda purposes.

Season 2 also had...

The Lizardman arc. Even if Zaryusu Shasha was resurrected: Ains's original goal was to harvest the corpses to create an undead army. Even the "final plan of mercy" involved the ritual slaughter of the chieftans at the hand of Cocyutus. The freezing of the lake was purely a SUPERVILLAIN move, designed to wow the Lizardmen: but it destroyed all the fish in the lake (including Zaryusu's experimental fish farm). There was significant worry that the Lizardman tribes would starve to death due to Ains's "procession".

I guess those are book details more so than anime details however. But I feel like there were one or two lines in the anime that still referenced these facts (but they weren't very much elaborated upon.)

It should also be noted that the top "good" characters of Nazarik are Sebas and Cocyutus, in that order. Folowed by CZ and Victim IIRC. Pandora's Actor and Hamuske are quite neutral. Everyone else either "leans" evil, or is full on evil in their stat-blocks. (Karma score -500), including Ains (max evil score: -500).

Cocyutus, despite the ice-devil bug exterior, has a kind heart. And it shows, Cocyutus spent much of his brainpower trying to find a way to save the Lizardmen from Ains.

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
I was just checking random curiosity's winter preview and gdamn, this season looks great with slime, log horizon, mushuko tensei, world trigger, and dr stone. Mushuko Tensei looks to good so far, not gonna read the manga as I wait for the ep's to come out.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Plus Re:zero, Attack on Titan, and the BD of Violet Evergarden and Heaven's Feel III.

Rei

Cooling Stock
Storage 6+ TB Total
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Season 2's finale was...

Literally killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians to help cover Momon's identity. The entirety of the Jaldabaoth was mainly to provide Momon a rival for propaganda purposes.

Season 2 also had...

The Lizardman arc. Even if Zaryusu Shasha was resurrected: Ains's original goal was to harvest the corpses to create an undead army. Even the "final plan of mercy" involved the ritual slaughter of the chieftans at the hand of Cocyutus. The freezing of the lake was purely a SUPERVILLAIN move, designed to wow the Lizardmen: but it destroyed all the fish in the lake (including Zaryusu's experimental fish farm). There was significant worry that the Lizardman tribes would starve to death due to Ains's "procession".

I guess those are book details more so than anime details however. But I feel like there were one or two lines in the anime that still referenced these facts (but they weren't very much elaborated upon.)

It should also be noted that the top "good" characters of Nazarik are Sebas and Cocyutus, in that order. Folowed by CZ and Victim IIRC. Pandora's Actor and Hamuske are quite neutral. Everyone else either "leans" evil, or is full on evil in their stat-blocks. (Karma score -500), including Ains (max evil score: -500).

Cocyutus, despite the ice-devil bug exterior, has a kind heart. And it shows, Cocyutus spent much of his brainpower trying to find a way to save the Lizardmen from Ains.
Still, what I'm currently looking for is Death Note-like villainy. While I still love Overlord, the villainy there feels more like... Evil for the sake of being evil... :wtf:
I was just checking random curiosity's winter preview and gdamn, this season looks great with slime, log horizon, mushuko tensei, world trigger, and dr stone. Mushuko Tensei looks to good so far, not gonna read the manga as I wait for the ep's to come out.
There is a third season of Log Horizon? I thought it stopped at two season...
Saw the Mushoku Tensei trailer. Wasn't all that impressed. It would take more than two seasons to catch up with the manga. Already collected the manga and I always prefer the manga as the story-line is more authentic to the light novel in many cases.

System Name S.L.I + RTX research rig
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X 3D.
Motherboard MSI MEG ACE X570
Cooling Corsair H150i Cappellx
Memory Corsair Vengeance pro RGB 3200mhz 16Gbs
Video Card(s) 2x Dell RTX 2080 Ti in S.L.I
Storage Western digital Sata 6.0 SDD 500gb + fanxiang S660 4TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
Display(s) HP X24i
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G+1600watts
Mouse Corsair Scimitar
Keyboard Cosair K55 Pro RGB
I am starting "Mushoku Tensei"
Like the manga
hope the anime is good.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
There is a third season of Log Horizon? I thought it stopped at two season...
Saw the Mushoku Tensei trailer. Wasn't all that impressed. It would take more than two seasons to catch up with the manga. Already collected the manga and I always prefer the manga as the story-line is more authentic to the light novel in many cases.
Yea, season 3 is real. The studio had a bit of trouble from what I gathered but its on for sure.

System Name Unreal Machine IV
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Cooling Noctua U9S
Memory Team UD4-4000 @4000 CL18 1:1
Video Card(s) 5600XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston SSD 240GB + WD RED 4TB + WD Blue SN 550 Nvme 1TB X3
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Case Old school Termalthake xaser III black with lots of noctua 80mm fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 hero SE
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
This is going to be a good season, there's even Yuru camp, and overland 2, although the later was ok for me, but it was very popular...
Edit: Yes, Yuru camp was so good I though the ep was actually 40m instead of 22m...

Last edited:
System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna ..... omg i was not prepared for this... my heart...

Here comes another Isekai...

1610254072806.png

You've seen the setup before. Reincarnated as a (X), where X is now a spider. Skill points, "video game" mechanics, you've seen this before. What's different this time and why am I pointing it out?

Well, because the 1st episode quickly defined itself against other Isekai. With a relatively positive attitude (very reminiscent of "Slime"), its clear that this nameless spider is neither overpowered (like Rimuru / Slime) or underpowered (like Kazuma / Konosuba). So far, its a happy medium for power-balance. I know that Isekai typically go for the overpowered stuff pretty quickly though, so I'll give it a few more episodes to see where its going... but it seems like a legitimately good setup.

Also: an entire classroom got Isekai'd. Yeah, that's happened in Grimgar, but this Spider show seems like a nicer setup. They've got a solid count of how many students were in the class, their names and personalities. They're off looking for each other: kind of a "collect them all" feel.

Like many Isekai, this is a lot of combinations of genres and tropes that you've seen before. What makes an Isekai stand out is whether or not it truly came up with a unique-feeling combination. I think this spider show is doing that, at least from the 1st episode.

We'll see where this goes.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
Here comes another Isekai...

View attachment 183327

You've seen the setup before. Reincarnated as a (X), where X is now a spider. Skill points, "video game" mechanics, you've seen this before. What's different this time and why am I pointing it out?

Well, because the 1st episode quickly defined itself against other Isekai. With a relatively positive attitude (very reminiscent of "Slime"), its clear that this nameless spider is neither overpowered (like Rimuru / Slime) or underpowered (like Kazuma / Konosuba). So far, its a happy medium for power-balance. I know that Isekai typically go for the overpowered stuff pretty quickly though, so I'll give it a few more episodes to see where its going... but it seems like a legitimately good setup.

Also: an entire classroom got Isekai'd. Yeah, that's happened in Grimgar, but this Spider show seems like a nicer setup. They've got a solid count of how many students were in the class, their names and personalities. They're off looking for each other: kind of a "collect them all" feel.

Like many Isekai, this is a lot of combinations of genres and tropes that you've seen before. What makes an Isekai stand out is whether or not it truly came up with a unique-feeling combination. I think this spider show is doing that, at least from the 1st episode.

We'll see where this goes.
I know where it's going, this is a gourmet isekai where our little spider eats all sorts of delicacy monsters and all the disgusting ones, it's all about eating or get eaten :D...
Havent watched yet, but she looks too cute from the picture...

Processor R5 5600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling SPC Fortis 3
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 2x8
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Storage Lexar Pro NM760 1 TB, Corsair MP510 960 GB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard SPC Gear GK550 Omnis Kailh Brown RGB
It looks and sounds too kawaii, novels had a different feel, they were was more like a traditional, western litrpg than most japanese isekai with an op protagonist.
It was actually quite interesting though.

I'm also curious about Mushoku tensei and how much they must have censored it.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
It looks and sounds too kawaii, novels had a different feel, they were was more like a traditional, western litrpg than most japanese isekai with an op protagonist.
It was actually quite interesting though.

I'm also curious about Mushoku tensei and how much they must have censored it.

There shouldn't be much to censor, apart maybe a Roxxi's panty shot here and there, not even sure...

Processor R5 5600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling SPC Fortis 3
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 2x8
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Storage Lexar Pro NM760 1 TB, Corsair MP510 960 GB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard SPC Gear GK550 Omnis Kailh Brown RGB
My bad, I confused the titles. Mushoku is the one about Rudeus, I was thinking of Redo of Healer which is also getting adapted.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Finally got my hands on 80s Saint Seiya subtitled, about 25 episodes in and let me tell you... Testosterone is running in every episode with the opening song.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
lost sub to this thread. i could probably use pokes for anime to watch, since horriblesubs went away and now i have to rely on crunchroll and its confusing (lack) of notifications

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Nothing new has caught my interest sadly, i've put Demon slayer on the sideline as I want to try and get my GF to watch it with me now.
Watching AOT weekly when its available and Saint Seiya now. Need watch S2 of Transformers from Rooster Teeth which is on Netflix now but i'm busy watching The Mandalorian on Disney+ now.

Nothing new has caught my interest sadly, i've put Demon slayer on the sideline as I want to try and get my GF to watch it with me now.
Watching AOT weekly when its available and Saint Seiya now. Need watch S2 of Transformers from Rooster Teeth which is on Netflix now but i'm busy watching The Mandalorian on Disney+ now.

What older shows were up your alley?

I'm guessing you're not super into the new Isekai thing going on? (or the "Isekai Rebound", since a lot of these Isekai had earlier seasons: like Log Horizon, Slime).

The "big hitters" recently are: When they Cry New, Attack on Titan Finale, Promised Neverland 2. I argue that Promised Neverland is easily the best written anime of the past 5 years, maybe 10 years (but 2011 was STACKED and full of "best of the decade" anime: Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, Madoka Magica, Anohana... Promised Neverland Season1 really is good enough to compete against the best of 201x decade). I do hear that Manga-readers were disappointed with the next few manga chapters, but maybe the anime has an opportunity to streamline the transition between the 1st arc and the 2nd.

Attack on Titan finale is on ~episode 5, and Promised Neverland 2 launched just three days ago on Jan 8th.

----------

I guess the problem is that this season is stacked with sequels / continuing stories. But Promised Neverland only has ~12 episodes in season 1, so its super easy to catch-up. When they Cry is ~50 episodes from the first season way back from 2006 (us When they Cry fans have been waiting so long...)

My bad, I confused the titles. Mushoku is the one about Rudeus, I was thinking of Redo of Healer which is also getting adapted.

Redo of Healer is getting a lot of comparisons to Goblin Slayer's rapefest. There's basically two ways they can go about it: they can clamp down on the rape and piss off originalists but arguably make it more mainstream... or they can go full throttle and double-down on it, and probably piss off more mainstream audiences.

Something tells me that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. It seems difficult to find a happy medium there. Probably best to just double-down on it, you can't really work against the original source material without just making a new story entirely: and there's no reason to believe that censorship would really reduce the controversy (since the fundamental flaws of the storyline setup aren't going to change...).

Redo of Healer is going to be less about actually watching the show, and more about watching reactions to the show... its clearly going to be the controversial one this season...

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
What older shows were up your alley?

I'm guessing you're not super into the new Isekai thing going on? (or the "Isekai Rebound", since a lot of these Isekai had earlier seasons: like Log Horizon, Slime).

The "big hitters" recently are: When they Cry New, Attack on Titan Finale, Promised Neverland 2. I argue that Promised Neverland is easily the best written anime of the past 5 years, maybe 10 years (but 2011 was STACKED and full of "best of the decade" anime: Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, Madoka Magica, Anohana... Promised Neverland Season1 really is good enough to compete against the best of 201x decade). I do hear that Manga-readers were disappointed with the next few manga chapters, but maybe the anime has an opportunity to streamline the transition between the 1st arc and the 2nd.

Attack on Titan finale is on ~episode 5, and Promised Neverland 2 launched just three days ago on Jan 8th.
Born in the 90s, my favourite era is the 80s-early 2000s era anime as a lot of the studios put in a lot more effort at least from my opinion lol.
I do like some modern era, ones that stand out are still Gundam(big gundam fan), AOT, Jojo Bizarre Adventure, One punch man S1, Castlevania and Baki.
Just to name a few from 80,90s and early 2000s:
- Gundam (Original to 00)
- Macross (Original, Plus, Zero and Frontier)
-GITS
-Guyver The Bio booster armor
-Akira
-Ninja Scroll
-Dragonball and Z
- Saint Seiya will be on my list once after I finish watching it
- Tenchi Muyo
- Neon Genesis Evangelion

I should really compile a anime list of OVAs, series and movies i've watched on my anime list but never got round to doing it.