• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Annoying Win7 problem, please help!

mizzl

Well that seems unlikely because I run Prime95 for 17 hours with RealTemp monitoring and my max temps are around 58c-52c. Could there be anything else, maybe related to voltages?

temp02

Do you have some software "monitoring" your computer (like anti-virus, defragger, memory optimizer, etc., something that can generate momentary peaks of usage)?

Other thing might be some I/O device driver issue generating conflicts hanging Windows from time to time, check if there are any driver/device conflicts on device manager.
You can do this by:
  • Press Windows + R;
  • Write devmgmt.msc and press Enter;
and check if there are any warning (yellow triangle) on top of any device icon, and if there are either install the driver for that device or deactivate the device by right clicking on it and selecting deactivate.

mizzl

I SOLVED IT!
After a long procedure of trial and error, i noticed that it only stuttered if my internet was wrong. Assuming that my internet itself wasn't the problem, i looked into my firewall. I disabled my default firewall (Bitdefender) and switched on Windows Defender and tadaa! no stuttering anymore!