1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Another DVD drive problem...

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Julien, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Julien New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw the problem that ?black panther? had with her dvd drive. Mine doesnt read dvd games, but everything else. It was like from one minute to the next. Its brand new, and ive played games for like a month. I have no idea whats wrong..anyone know? Please help me!

2. Mixalesko New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have the same problem once. Did you tried to set up your region on your cd-rom?
    If you play only burnt dvds, cd-rom didnt recognize it, if you try to play original dvd, maybe the popup will appear where to set region. Try this solution. I think this would work if the popup wont appear, try to look somewhere in your player to set up the region.

3. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    I once got this problem when i renamed my drives once.I lost the auto run feature and the dvd drive had problems reading cirtain files from a disk.I cant remember if renamed them again and it sorted it out. Or weather i uninstalled them in device manager so it found the devices again and installed them.

Also you can download the latest firmwares for your drives but make sure its from the main dealer site dont use untrusted websites and make sure its the right firmware for your drive or it can make it inoperatable.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Julien New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats the thing. I did absolutely nothing(no renaming or changing regions)..it was just from 1 minute to the next. But ill try the firmware thing and see if the lens reads better then..thanx 4 the advive!