• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

another hd4870 bites the dust....

mitsirfishi

System Name Lazy boh
Processor AMD X6 1090T @ 4ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
Cooling TT FRIO
Memory Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) HD4870
Storage 60gb Ocz vertex 2 2x2TB 2x1TB 1x500GB
Display(s) 25.5" hanns G
Case Antec 1200 V1
Audio Device(s) onboard :P FTW
Power Supply Corsair TX750W v1
Software W7 64Bit
sadly to say after fitting my water block to my 2nd force 3d hd4870 has randomly decided not to work ive just got my new water loop all setup in my case and ive fitted the xspc full block to my card all fine but plugged her all up and no responce noticed my pc posted but no display tried both pci-e slots nothing wack my trusty 7900gs in display straight away tried to put stock cooling on it still does the same thing do you think i have broke my card ????

p.s ive just changed psu because my other one failed.... when i just got my water cooled system all sorted think that may of cause anything ????

tbiggz

I changed the stock cooler on my 4870 once and it worked. I reseated the cooler and ramsinks and it stopped working(no detection by motherboard).
Did you try putting the stock cooler back on?
Do the LEDs on the back of your card stay lit after booting?
When you removed the stock cooler, did you also remove the four pin slot that connects the fan's wire to the card(leaving only the four pins, instead of the white slot)?
Your problem sounds similar to mine, but your horrible punctuation and sentence structure may have mislead me.