• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Case Mod

Here's my Antec Case mod.

* I have to say that I'm not the most proficient experienced PC installer> I buy my PC's parts and have them all installed professionally, 2 years ago I decided to upgrade my 10 year old pentium> picked up a new motherboard, nicer sound card,ram and great graphics card for general use. With a couple of hard drives etc> went with liquid cooling since I felt passive would be too noisy, and didn't like the idea of a hot case internally> took it to a local shop and had everything installed. Done.

* Now 2 years later, still very concerned about installing parts for my PC, I one day went to remove my sound card in order to ~ adjust and remove my RAM in order to prep it for Paint( I assumed that it would not be such a big deal) in the process of removing my sound card ~ and the Ram modules I accidently moved and pushed a Sata power cable off a Hard drive socket> when I removed the hard drive I discovered that the socket plastic clips had completely broken off?> this was a huge disapointment, since now I was no longer able to use my Main OS hard drive ( although I was able to boot 1 or twice before the connecters wouldn't work)..where eventually I was stuck with no computer...this turning into a 5 week period (since Western Digitals RMA program sent me 2 incorrect drives to replace my velociraptor)...

* I decided that something had to be done about those Sata cables and not only them but all my cables inside my case( my galaxy gtx 470 cables where palstered against my Sata cables, and my Asus xonars power cables where practically warpped around my gpu and other cables.

* My case being a mid tower only allows for the hard drives to be mounted in one direction...since I have absolutly no room to buy another case that is larger (my area only allows a limited amount of Height and depth ) and anything available would be too deep, or slightly too tall. So I decided to change the orientation of my Hard drives, vis avi, mounting them across my case> this would require me to cut out the existing 3.5" panel and make room for 3 hard drives> I ended up doing it by hand and cut and trimmed some aluminum plates that would support the hard drives as well as aluminum U channels that would now allow me to Slide my Hard drives in and out without any screws.

Here are some pics:

cloud_machine_.jpg

cloud_machine 2.jpg

cloud_machine_back_side.jpg

cloud_machine_bottom_dual_120MM gpu fans_2 (2).jpg

cloud_machine_bottom_dual_120MM gpu fans_2.jpg

cloud_machine_dolby_evga.jpg

cloud_machine_front_cover_panel.jpg

cloud_machine_front_intake_white.jpg

cloud_machine_front_top USB 3.0.jpg

cloud_machine_front_usb 3.0.jpg

cloud_machine_Hard drive rack.jpg