• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Fusion Case Help

TheJay

This is a continuation of https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/antec-fusion-case-help.174182/ as the moderators say I should make my own thread for more up to date help.

Thank you once again for your help bettz, I bet this isn't going to be straight forward and really appreciate your assistance.

I am trying to get power to the VCD and my PSU doesn't have a 3 pin connector. I don't know whether the power needed could come from a standard 3 pin supply like that used on a fan. It needs to be female and a very specific shape to fit.

Processor i9-13900K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black
Memory 2 x 32GB (G Skill Ripjaws)
Video Card(s) NVidia Titan RTX
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Case Cooler master
Audio Device(s) on-board
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Wooting Two
Hi, I have this case, barely use it now but it still sits under my TV because it has the only BluRay drive I own.

Did you get a case with PSU in it? Original PSU had this 3 pin connector on 24pin MB connector.
If PSU is different you need this adapter betzz was taking about.
Manual says you need to call Antec to get it. Hopefully they still have some.

maybe you can ask person you got a case from about power supply assuming 430W is enough for what you plan to do with it.

TheJay

Thanks for your reply Tom, I was given the case and bet the reason was because previous owner didn't have the adapter or PSU.

I've sent an email to Antec but expect I may need to do some DIY.

TheJay

Hi, I have this case, barely use it now but it still sits under my TV because it has the only BluRay drive I own.

Did you get a case with PSU in it? Original PSU had this 3 pin connector on 24pin MB connector.
If PSU is different you need this adapter betzz was taking about.
Manual says you need to call Antec to get it. Hopefully they still have some.

maybe you can ask person you got a case from about power supply assuming 430W is enough for what you plan to do with it.

This is very sad, this is what Antec say:

Unfortunately, Fusion and this series have been discontinued for a long while, and the spare parts are also out of stock and no longer produced.

We’re sorry about that.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
This is very sad, this is what Antec say:

Unfortunately, Fusion and this series have been discontinued for a long while, and the spare parts are also out of stock and no longer produced.

We’re sorry about that.
Have you looked on Ebay?

sureshot

Yep, I've been looking everywhere.
Hi, did you manage to find the adapter cable?

I have the Fusion Black version of this case. It came without a PSU and an extension adapter that allowed connection to any 24pin PSU, which included the connector for the LCD/VFD screen.

I’ve been considering for a while, creating a replacement LCD/VFD front panel. As the LCD didn’t really display very well, and the Windows software is very old and difficult for most people to find.