• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Basiq VP350P 350 W

Strictly power is Antec's primary slogan for the new members of their Basiq PSU series, the VPx50P units. As it seems only three things were the main concerns during the design/manufacturing of these PSUs: quality, performance and high price/performance ratio.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Core i9 rig / Lenovo laptop
Processor Core i9 10900X / Core i5 8350U
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Edition 30 / Lenovo motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO RGB / stock cooler
Memory Gskill 4x8GB 3600mhz / 16GB 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super / UHD 620
Storage Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB / Samsung OEM 256GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp UP3017 / Full HD IPS touch
Case Coolermaster mastercase H500M
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 1700 watt / Lenovo 65watt power adapter
Mouse Logitech M500s
Keyboard Cherry
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows 11 Pro
Great value PSU.
The only negative thing I can say about Antec is that I still remember a friends Antec PSU exploding with a fireworks display 5 years ago.

By TPU standards i disagree with the final score,<8.5 is usually saved for worse products then this one. the way u described it i think it deserve more, like the high 8.Xs

Simon

Just read the review and registered on the forum. I am thinking of buying this after i managed to fry my old PSU. What are the values of the Taicon and Ltec capacitors and what voltages are they used for. Would you recommend I replace them with some higher quality Panasonic FMs that i have spare?

I noticed in the image where you show the AS393D voltage comparator there's also a potentiometer labled VR551. What is this for? Also holes to solder in an LED.

In general I follow the simple rule that you don't mess with something that works ok. As for the values and voltages of the caps I didn't note them down. Usually +12V filtering caps, the ones that are of most interested, are rated at 16V.

Following also the aforementioned rule I didn't mess with the potentiometer you mention.