1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec VP350P 350 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Sep 27, 2011.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Strictly power is Antec's primary slogan for the new members of their Basiq PSU series, the VPx50P units. As it seems only three things were the main concerns during the design/manufacturing of these PSUs: quality, performance and high price/performance ratio.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/VP350P/

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great value PSU.
    The only negative thing I can say about Antec is that I still remember a friends Antec PSU exploding with a fireworks display 5 years ago.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    By TPU standards i disagree with the final score,<8.5 is usually saved for worse products then this one. the way u described it i think it deserve more, like the high 8.Xs

4. Simon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just read the review and registered on the forum. I am thinking of buying this after i managed to fry my old PSU. What are the values of the Taicon and Ltec capacitors and what voltages are they used for. Would you recommend I replace them with some higher quality Panasonic FMs that i have spare?

I noticed in the image where you show the AS393D voltage comparator there's also a potentiometer labled VR551. What is this for? Also holes to solder in an LED.

5. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    In general I follow the simple rule that you don't mess with something that works ok. As for the values and voltages of the caps I didn't note them down. Usually +12V filtering caps, the ones that are of most interested, are rated at 16V.

Following also the aforementioned rule I didn't mess with the potentiometer you mention.