• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anthem The Game

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Anthem is probably going to be just as bad and EA are going to do an Activision by pumping it full of more glorious microtransactions

I have no problem with microtransactions that don't give players an advantage. In fact I rather like them since I get to watch fools and their money get parted.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
I have no problem with microtransactions that don't give players an advantage. In fact I rather like them since I get to watch fools and their money get parted.
Leads to bad game design.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Leads to bad game design.

Possibly. I have fun in games rife with microtransactions and I have managed to not purchase a single one. Games like Rocket League, GTAV. Both are only good for short spurts though...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This attitudes on this site have become cancer.

I don't know, but what is cancerous exactly, overhyping another Bioware/EA grind/DLC/MTX fest that will be abandoned or spoonfeeding content like Destiny 2, or saying 'We've been here before, not going to fall for it again'?

Its a real shame but yes, there is good reason to wait and see how it lands before getting all hyped up. The development track towards release is already speaking volumes: a big E3 buzz followed by an announcement of cancelled development, and now all of a sudden its going to pop up in three months' time? Does that really, REALLY sound like 'picking up steam' to you? To me it sounds like a project that is going to be rushed to market because it'd be a waste to toss out the dev budget and not release anything. It sounds like Bioware is given the 'benefit of the doubt' despite a bleak outlook for the game.

The fact remains triple A releases have been nothing but major letdowns and EA is leading the pack. Define your cancer, please. Another fact is that Destiny is not really something I'd want to compare a promising release with, because Destiny has simply not delivered what it set out to do and its one of the worst value propositions in gaming to date. Bare content at a high price fleshed out by a lame grind.

Oh, and: inb4 'closed beta' that requires a pre-order to play and is in fact just a server stress test, followed by a range of bugs that are patched after launch. Another one of those telltale signs of EA development cycles.

You can't start production on a sequel before the current game is pushed out the door. All hands are on deck during crunch which is often six months prior to launch. Like I said, EA's taint is all over Mass Effect 2 (especially Bioware Points, the plethora of DLCs, and Cerberus Network).

Let me put it this way: is Mass Effect 2 more like Mass Effect or more like Mass Effect 3? Hint: there are no cosmetic DLCs nor Bioware Points for Mass Effect.

Its clear to see what you describe about Mass Effect, also in the game itself, the first part was deeper in terms of character building and progression. Its the same for Dragon Age: Origins. The first part you were far more in control than in the second, where things got streamlined into oblivion making the party mechanics far less interesting.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't know, but what is cancerous exactly, overhyping another Bioware/EA grind/DLC/MTX fest that will be abandoned or spoonfeeding content like Destiny 2, or saying 'We've been here before, not going to fall for it again'?

Don't mind them. I was a Bioware fan once. You tend to take things personally and/or hurl personal insults. :p

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Possibly. I have fun in games rife with microtransactions and I have managed to not purchase a single one. Games like Rocket League, GTAV. Both are only good for short spurts though...
Exactly, I too have had fun on those two games without spending money on the microtransactions, but long term they have no depth because the depth comes only from spending money on additional content. The additional content is pretty meaningless though.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Wow, is this really what this forum has sunk to? Why bash the OP because he's excited about a new game that's coming out?
You lot makes me sick.

I signed up for the alpha, let's see what it plays like before you start bashing things. It might not be a game you lot like, but please go make your own thread if all you're going to do behave like this. I know I'm often critical about products here on news posts, but this thread even makes me want ask what's wrong with you people.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
There is no OP bashing. OP asked a question about Anthem and he got brutally honest answers.

Gameplay is likely fine just like gameplay in Destiny and Dragon Age: Inquisition is fine; however, Bioware built their reputation on branching narratives and dialogs which is an antithesis to the way Electronic Arts does things. This is Bioware's first original intellectual property since the 2007 acquisition. Either Bioware is able to get back to their roots and make a fantastic game or it's Bioware in name only (like all of the other studios that suffered the wrath of EA) and it's another AAA dorodango.

Last edited:
System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Wow, I came to this thread to talk about Anthem and got some interesting history of Bioware instead. Very appreciative of that BTW. I would have to agree with StrayKAT and say that ME2/DA:O were the last true Bioware games. However, I also agree that EA got it's dirty mitts into both games with all DLC included in both titles. Sadly to me, Bioware has been dead since they killed Commander Shepard.

Bioware used to be my number 1 studio from childhood to my early adult years. I was a fan from the Baldur's Gate saga until ME3. I'm not bitter like many are about how ME3 turned out and in fact, the game got significantly better with age because of the accompanying DLCs. If I could end the game after the Citadel DLC I would happily do so. Anyways, the reason why ME3 was the final nail in the coffin is because the Bioware Doctors left after the game came out. I speculate that largely was due to the massive fan backlash and upon seeing the deal they made with the devil, decided it was better to move on. I can't blame them either, the writing was on the wall after Dragon Age 2 as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, I can't say I've been very impressed with EA/Bioware's more recent offerings either. Andromeda was a promising hot mess that couldn't deliver for a variety of reasons. Why in the Hell would EA hand the game off to a studio that had only done multiplayer content before is beyond me. Those facial animations were embarrassing to look at and so were all the other bugs and glitches. The Old Republic is somehow even worse though. They took a great franchise in SW:KOTOR and turned into an MMO which I don't remember anyone asking for. Then that game turns out to be a grindfest and cash grab. The game also was very unoriginal mechanically as it felt like WoW, but with a Star Wars skin. I remember quite a few skills they straight up ripped from WoW. Inquisition, I just couldn't finish because it feels so damn grindy. It's hard to tell which quests are worth pursuing and which to skip. I'm normally a completionist when it comes to single player RPGs but can't stand playing Inquisition for long. I could go on for much longer, but I digress.

Bioware is a shadow of itself and at this point, I would rather EA put Old Yeller out of his misery. Maybe I'm wrong and Bioware will surprise me, but they have a ton to prove to me if they want to earn my money.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Maybe I'm wrong and Bioware will surprise me, but they have a ton to prove to me if they want to earn my money.

A lot of the lifeblood that was Bioware (some of their best writers) are gone. And Anthem isn't very focused on their old type of storytelling anyhow (and they got one of their least known/B-Team writers on it). The content, at best, will be your fellow players. Which is cool and all, but not exactly what they're known for. If it succeeds, it won't be because it's a Bioware game as you knew them at least.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I speculate that largely was due to the massive fan backlash and upon seeing the deal they made with the devil, decided it was better to move on. I can't blame them either, the writing was on the wall after Dragon Age 2 as far as I'm concerned.
I know for a fact that Greg went into craft brewery after he left EA. Publicly, I don't think he'll ever blame EA for leaving but privately, I think he would. After Mass Effect 3 shipped, he was carted off to Bioware Austin to oversee Star Wars development. He basically became another corporate stooge for EA and he hated it so I think that was probably started the retirement wheels turning. He left EA, started touring the world for beer, went back to Canada, and created a brewery.

FYI, he was aware of Mass Effect Andromeda but was completely hands off it.

Last edited:
Processor Core i7 6700k
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Keyboard Logitech G810
A lot of the lifeblood that was Bioware (some of their best writers) are gone. And Anthem isn't very focused on their old type of storytelling anyhow (and they got one of their least known/B-Team writers on it). The content, at best, will be your fellow players. Which is cool and all, but not exactly what they're known for. If it succeeds, it won't be because it's a Bioware game as you knew them at least.

You're absolutely right that BW is a gutted shell of it's former self. Drew Karpyshyn was a huge loss during the ME2 cycle I believe. His departure caused ripples that we most prominently saw in ME3 when Casey Hudson and company had to come up with the Star/god child. Then in 2016, BW lost David Gaider who had been on board since 99 who largely wrote Dragon Age. I doubt there's more than a handful of staff leftover from the pre EA times.

I know for a fact that Greg went into craft brewery after he left EA. Publicly, I don't think he'll ever blame EA for leaving but privately, I think he would. After Mass Effect 3 shipped, he was carted off to Bioware Austin to oversee Star Wars development. He basically became another corporate stooge for EA and he hated it so I think that was probably started the retirement wheels turning. He left EA, started touring the world for beer, went back to Canada, and created a brewery.

FYI, he was aware of Mass Effect Andromeda but was completely hands off it.

I thought it was kinda funny that Greg felt the need to go drinking and start a brewery after ME3. I don't blame him because the BW forums were a smoking crater of anger and disappointment. Meanwhile the YouTubers and even the game journos jumped on the bandwagon after initially praising the game.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Drew actually wanted to move to Austin (hates the cold of Edmonton) unlike Greg. He came back to Bioware because EA opened Bioware Austin. As far as I know, Drew is still in Austin despite parting ways with Bioware (again) in March.

Again, I don't think it's fan backlash that is making people leave Bioware. It's EA corporate culture festering. I wouldn't be surprised if EA brought Casey Hudson (currently the general manager) back to slow/stop the brain drain from Bioware.

Casey and Mac both said that the fan backlash to the ending in ME3 surprised them. Drew (whom didn't work on ME3 at all) said he wasn't surprised.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
You're absolutely right that BW is a gutted shell of it's former self. Drew Karpyshyn was a huge loss during the ME2 cycle I believe. His departure caused ripples that we most prominently saw in ME3 when Casey Hudson and company had to come up with the Star/god child. Then in 2016, BW lost David Gaider who had been on board since 99 who largely wrote Dragon Age. I doubt there's more than a handful of staff leftover from the pre EA times.

Drew was just the tip of the iceberg too. They lost Chris L'Etoile and Brian Kindregan as well...and the people who took their characters over were more superficial.. or just outright ignored parts of them. Drew might've been the mastermind, but those two were on a different level as far as characters go.

Chris L'Etoile was like the unofficial loremaster and wrote the Codex. But also wrote Legion and Thane (among others). Both characters got screwed in ME3. Legion's whole schtick about hating Reaper Code became the complete opposite in the next game. And Thane got a lame ending. It took Citadel to do him justice. I liked all of the underlying spiritual themes both characters went into as well (again, Citadel finally did this part justice. I'll give Me3 credit here).

While Brian Kindregan wrote Jack and Grunt. At first, they might seem like silly "edgy" characters, but they both had this pain factor element.. like a "strength through pain" philosophy. He also created Tuchanka and projected that pain theme on to the whole Krogan race. The Krogan before him were mostly just brutes and resigned at best. Not relishing in pain. With Jack, he took the suffering biotic idea from ME1 (like Kaiden or the random missions where they'd attack you) and did this whole female Wolverine theme.

edit: Oh, Warlord Okeer. Another Kindregan character. This whole angle of conquering the genophage through endurance was lost in ME3. That was the whole point of Grunt.. to start a new strain of Krogan and defy the Genophage by sheer badassery. A more brutal "quality over quantity" solution.

"I acquired the knowledge to create one pure soldier. With that, I will inflict upon the genophage the greatest insult an enemy can suffer: To be ignored."

But once ME3 came, Wrex took the attention again and the message was Genophage, Genophage (which is cool, but it became an either/or situation.. and ME3 lost these interesting middle grounds that thought outside the box). ME3 was downright bizarre in a way, where Shep basically was told to do EVERYTHING Saren wanted to do in the first place: Cure Genophage, ally with Reaper upgraded Geth, merge with machines, etc.. The game pushed a very defeatist message.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
It took Citadel to do him justice.
I think I never saw that. :| I always did Citadel before the final mission so naturally, he passed away at that point.

ME3 was downright bizarre in a way, where Shep basically was told to do EVERYTHING Saren wanted to do in the first place: Cure Genophage, ally with Reaper upgraded Geth, merge with machines, etc..
Except there's a caveat in every case:
Saren wanted Reaper-controlled Krogan; got independent Krogan.
Saren wanted Reaper-controlled Geth; got indepedent Geth using Reaper code (no longer dependent on proximity).

Grunt/Okeer...the intent was never to conquer the genophage. I think it was to make a strong Krogan that would get all of the mating rites and persevere through access to procreation. Okeer had no intent to increase Krogan viability nor cure the genophage. Okeer just wanted all of the babies to be Grunt's (his).

The writing in that video is so cringe worthy.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I think I never saw that. :| I always did Citadel before the final mission so naturally, he passed away at that point.

Except there's a caveat in every case:
Saren wanted Reaper-controlled Krogan; got independent Krogan.
Saren wanted Reaper-controlled Get; got indepedent Geth using Reaper code (no longer dependent on proximity).

Grunt/Okeer...the intent was never to conquer the genophage. I think it was to make a strong Krogan that would get all of the mating rites and persevere through access to procreation. Okeer had no intent to increase Krogan viability nor cure the genophage. Okeer just wanted all of the babies to be Grunt's (his).

The writing in that video is so cringe worthy.

That writing is great. It's over the top, but everything of his has a poetic rhythm to it. Even the random Krogan NPCs on Tuchanka.

To each their own, I guess.. That goes for L'Etoile too (in fact, his characters outright quote poems.. Be it Legion, Ash, or Thane). I think their true calling was the written word, which might be why I like them more than others.

I'd link to Thane's stuff from Citadel, but maybe you'd want to play it. Not sure. You'd have to be Femshep in a Romance. It actually choked me up a little tbh.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Someone playing the alpha basically said Anthem is like DA:I but even shallower (interactions with prompts instead of directly with the world).

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
So I’m a little confused. Has this got a story, or is it multiplayer?

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
So I’m a little confused. Has this got a story, or is it multiplayer?

Kind of co-op/small multiplayer from what I understand. There's a plot, but no branching narrative, and doesn't seem to be character heavy or have you building friendships like they were known for.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I asked about narrative content: "Anthem teases some interesting ideas, but I feel like they're not trying to push their creative narrative"

User also pointed out that there's characters with facial animation issues al la MEA. Getting a strong impression it's gonna flop like MEA did for the same reasons MEA did.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I asked about narrative content: "Anthem teases some interesting ideas, but I feel like they're not trying to push their creative narrative"

User also pointed out that there's characters with facial animation issues al la MEA. Getting a strong impression it's gonna flop like MEA did for the same reasons MEA did.

Well, it has one advantage of "not being Mass Effect". If it still fails, it'd probably just putter away rather attract as much attention as MEA.

I hope Bioware just goes away entirely before they get DA4 out the door.. but I have a feeling that'll squeak by.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Sounds like insignificant details to me. What matters is the gameplay, mechanics, depth of it and replayability without being the next dull grind for a bigger number. The gameplay I've seen was very action oriented, so I'm guessing shallow RPG elements alongside a simple controller scheme.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Gameplay/mechanics of it is okay. It's shallow like MEA/DAI. I wouldn't expect much in the way of replayability (DAI had little, MEA had virtually none) although the user didn't comment on that (can't because hasn't seen it all). Simple control scheme is implied because it is a console game first and foremost.

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
scripted eye candy wrapped around the same gameplay as their other games WITH micro transactions? nooo... staaahp... Sign me up!

Processor Core i7 6700k
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Keyboard Logitech G810
Anthem's gameplay looks fine, but you have to have a reason to run the content in the first place. Whether that reason is loot or story we'll see. In any case people won't like being milked for cash if there's not enough content at launch. Destiny got raked over the coals for doing that and rightly so. For Anthem, I don't want to hear about season passes or whatever until the game shows it can stand on its own merits. Have your cosmetic micro transactions, but don't be an ass about it either, give people a chance to earn them for free with some effort.