• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any gaming monitor recommendation?

System Name look here
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling be quite
Memory g.skil ripjaws v series
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280
Case phanteks eclipse p400a
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold
I build my PC recently but my older monitor isn't support or not very good to deal with the gaming. So, I am looking for a new gaming monitor. Can you give suggestions?
Any brand you like? Thank you!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Depends on your budget, what games you play, and what size screen you prefer.
Then there is the choice between VA, TN and IPS as well as resolutions.

System Name Forgal
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus RoG Strix X570-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 4x16 GiB Crucial Ballistix PC4-28800, 16-18-18-38
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090
Storage 2 TB ADATA XPG SX8200Pro + 4 TB S860 + NAS
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF + LG 32UD99-W
Case Fractal Design Define 7 Compact
Audio Device(s) Audioengine HD3 + S8
Power Supply Super Flower SF-1000F14TP Leadex V P130X-1000 Pro
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2
Keyboard Leopold FC900R OE mx-brown
· The first choice to make is resolution. The sweet spot has been at 2560x1440 for the past several years. If you were one of the handful of people who got an RTX 3080 during the mostly paper launch, you can probably do okay at 3840x2160, but for the rest of us, 2560x1440 is a better choice for gaming performance.
· Refresh rate: High refresh gaming is a good thing. This is much more important if you play first person shooters, but even MMORPGs and strategy games look better at high refresh rates. Let's look for 100 Hz or higher refresh rate.
· Variable refresh rate: Once NVidia quit blocking VESA standard adaptive sync in their drivers (as long as your have a GeForce 10x0 or newer), that killed off expensive proprietary G-Sync in favor of the VESA standard adaptive sync that AMD has long supported as "Freesync" (and that NVidia now calls "G-Sync compatible"). To support low-framerate compensation (LFC), the lower limit of the Freesync range needs to be less than half of the maximum frequency. If your framerate drops below the minimum, LFC allows the graphics card to automatically double each frame, so you still have tear-free Freesync gaming. This is a great feature.
· High Dynamic Range (HDR): This will eventually be a nice thing to allow whiter whites and blacker blacks in games, but getting it to work properly on the Windows desktop and in your games can currently be a bit of a chore.
Any monitor labeled as "Freesync Premium" supports Freesync with 120Hz or higher maximum refresh rate and LFC. This is an easy checkbox to look for to get features that are very desirable.
"Freesync Premium Pro" adds HDR
AMD maintains a handy list of Freesync monitors here: https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
·Size: For 2560x1440, you probably want a 27" to 32" display. For 3840x2160, you're more likely to want a 40-43" display. This would be less of an issue if Windows applications did a better job of scaling, but if you get one of the smaller 2160p monitors, some icons and text are going to be too small to read unless you're leaning in very close.
·Panel type: The three major LCD panel types are TN, IPS and VA. TN is the cheapest and the fastest, but it changes color and contrast if you view it from anything other than directly perpendicular to the screen. This defect of the technology makes TN unsuitable for large monitors and useless for photo editing or anything else that requires accurate color.
IPS panels are generally considered the best balance between speed and color accuracy. One drawback of IPS panels is that blacks may not be very black. In a totally-dark room, they may look gray. You can fix this by keeping a lamp on in the room when you're gaming.
VA panels can produce darker blacks than IPS, but they generally have the slowest pixel response. This can vary significantly from one monitor design to another.

When you've found a monitor that has all of the features that you want, read reviews at RTings and TFT Central to see how your particular monitor actually performs.

I'm quite pleased with the Dell S3220DGF, which I got for $360+tax at Best Buy.

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
What was the spec on your previous monitor?
What GPU are you using now?
How much are you willing to spend?

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I agree with Caring1. The first choice is budget. Then size. Then panel technology (TN, VA, IPS) - there are advantages and disadvantages to each. See TN vs. IPS vs. VA: What’s the Best Display Panel Technology?

At this point, all I can say is curved monitors have not panned out to be as nice as the marketing weenies posed. Image quality is not in dispute. The problem is, there is only one ideal sitting position for the perfect focal length and viewing angle for the left, center, and right side of the monitor. Some users don't mind, others found that after using the monitor for awhile, they wished they stuck with flat screen.

For sure, if there will be more than one viewer (while watching videos or movies, for example) get a flat display.

Low quality post by Sybaris_Caesar
System Name SYBARIS
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Post at 7:41 am (my local time). OP last seen 4:27 pm. Four replies in between. Looks like OP doesn't care.

Reactions: Rei
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Low quality post by Bill_Bright
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Post at 7:41 am (my local time). OP last seen 4:27 pm. Four replies in between. Looks like OP doesn't care.
:( Hardly appropriate at all. Nothing says you have to sit glued to your computer after posting to wait for a reply. You may not but some folks have lives, work, school, family and other commitments. For example, it is a weekend. The OP may have church, necessary home chores, or kids that need or deserve priority attention.

If days pass, then questioning why may be appropriate. But even then there are many legitimate reasons a poster may not be able to return.

Edit comment: fixed typo

Last edited:
System Name look here
Cooling be quite
· The first choice to make is resolution. The sweet spot has been at 2560x1440 for the past several years. If you were one of the handful of people who got an RTX 3080 during the mostly paper launch, you can probably do okay at 3840x2160, but for the rest of us, 2560x1440 is a better choice for gaming performance.
· Refresh rate: High refresh gaming is a good thing. This is much more important if you play first person shooters, but even MMORPGs and strategy games look better at high refresh rates. Let's look for 100 Hz or higher refresh rate.
· Variable refresh rate: Once NVidia quit blocking VESA standard adaptive sync in their drivers (as long as your have a GeForce 10x0 or newer), that killed off expensive proprietary G-Sync in favor of the VESA standard adaptive sync that AMD has long supported as "Freesync" (and that NVidia now calls "G-Sync compatible"). To support low-framerate compensation (LFC), the lower limit of the Freesync range needs to be less than half of the maximum frequency. If your framerate drops below the minimum, LFC allows the graphics card to automatically double each frame, so you still have tear-free Freesync gaming. This is a great feature.
· High Dynamic Range (HDR): This will eventually be a nice thing to allow whiter whites and blacker blacks in games, but getting it to work properly on the Windows desktop and in your games can currently be a bit of a chore.
Any monitor labeled as "Freesync Premium" supports Freesync with 120Hz or higher maximum refresh rate and LFC. This is an easy checkbox to look for to get features that are very desirable.
"Freesync Premium Pro" adds HDR
AMD maintains a handy list of Freesync monitors here: https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
·Size: For 2560x1440, you probably want a 27" to 32" display. For 3840x2160, you're more likely to want a 40-43" display. This would be less of an issue if Windows applications did a better job of scaling, but if you get one of the smaller 2160p monitors, some icons and text are going to be too small to read unless you're leaning in very close.
·Panel type: The three major LCD panel types are TN, IPS and VA. TN is the cheapest and the fastest, but it changes color and contrast if you view it from anything other than directly perpendicular to the screen. This defect of the technology makes TN unsuitable for large monitors and useless for photo editing or anything else that requires accurate color.
IPS panels are generally considered the best balance between speed and color accuracy. One drawback of IPS panels is that blacks may not be very black. In a totally-dark room, they may look gray. You can fix this by keeping a lamp on in the room when you're gaming.
VA panels can produce darker blacks than IPS, but they generally have the slowest pixel response. This can vary significantly from one monitor design to another.

When you've found a monitor that has all of the features that you want, read reviews at RTings and TFT Central to see how your particular monitor actually performs.

Hello JustAnEngineer,

I find LG 27GL850 is more suitable for me after consulting the site TFT central. I watch Youtube channel about this monitor,I think it is ok and I want to buy it immediately, butI can't accept the price more expensive. Thank you.

What was the spec on your previous monitor?
What GPU are you using now?
How much are you willing to spend?
Hello Rei,
Thank you your comment here, my previous monitor is AOC 2590FX. I found the color and HDR is not good enough. And I adjusted more times the bright setting, it's not improving and quite bright and hurt my eyes.

My GPU is 1660 super

I agree with Caring1. The first choice is budget. Then size. Then panel technology (TN, VA, IPS) - there are advantages and disadvantages to each. See TN vs. IPS vs. VA: What’s the Best Display Panel Technology?

At this point, all I can say is curved monitors have not panned out to be as nice as the marketing weenies posed. Image quality is not in dispute. The problem is, there is only one ideal sitting position for the perfect focal length and viewing angle for the left, center, and right side of the monitor. Some users don't mind, others found that after using the monitor for awhile, they wished they stuck with flat screen.

For sure, if there will be more than one viewer (while watching videos or movies, for example) get a flat display.
Hello Bill_Bright,

Thank you your comments. I don't like the curved monitors, because I think i should look at the monitor from left to right. It's quite uncomfortable for me. I'm looking a flat monitors that I think it is easy to control and not very dizzy.

Hello khonjel,

You are not reading all the way already. I mean I read the post #2, I need to read too many articles and researches before posting the comment or response the comments here. If I reply the comments is a rubblish or not any meaning, will you reply me? For example, "thanks", "thank you", I think....." etc. I want to reply all here that I need to read more and get more knowledge before posting the comments just press enter. So, I want to learn more and need to do more homework. I hope you can understand.

It's a great monitor, but the support is terrible.
HI Dave65,

Do you mean the customer services?

:( Hardly appropriate at all. Nothing says you have to sit glued to your computer after posting to wait for a reply. You many not but some folks have lives, work, school, family and other commitments. For example, it is a weekend. The OP may have church, necessary home chores, or kids that need or deserve priority attention.

If days pass, then questioning why may be appropriate. But even then there are many legitimate reasons a poster may not be able to return.
Thank you your explanations for me. Everyone have their different life in the real world. Thank you all comments here, thanks.

System Name Forgal
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus RoG Strix X570-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 4x16 GiB Crucial Ballistix PC4-28800, 16-18-18-38
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090
Storage 2 TB ADATA XPG SX8200Pro + 4 TB S860 + NAS
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF + LG 32UD99-W
Case Fractal Design Define 7 Compact
Audio Device(s) Audioengine HD3 + S8
Power Supply Super Flower SF-1000F14TP Leadex V P130X-1000 Pro
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2
Keyboard Leopold FC900R OE mx-brown
Less expensive monitors with similar features to the LG that you selected include the Pixio PX7P and Nixeus NX-EDG27S v2.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
I also like my Dell S3220 DGF! It was something around $350 from Best Buy, 1440P, curved, VA, FreeSync 2, 165 Hz. Pretty nice colors, responsive, easy on my eyes too. Decent adjustable stand. I love the size.

I always start with what I want ... then decide if I'm willing to spend that much. At that point it's a settle for something else or wait decision.

Based upon what I have seen / played... the best gaming experience that is is to be had (in most games I have played) with an AUOptronics panel @ 1440p on a 165 Hz IPS panel using ULMB (120 Hz setting). The 100 Hz setting is still preferred over adaptive sync in most games, but if 100 fps can not be maintained, will usually go to G-Sync. However a 1660 Super is not going to get you there, at least not at 1440p. Witcher 3 for example comes in at about 60 fps in the 1660 Super. If you want to see what Motion Blur reduction technology does, watch the video here:

I am also not a fan of curved monitors. And I commend your reliance on tftcentral it's THE place to get monitor info. Most every other site i have seen parrots the manufacturers "imaginary" specs and spends 8 - 60 minutes gaming before pitting out a review.

Given the card you have I'd lean to G-Sync over Freesync. At 1080p, Id definitely want to use Motion Blur Reduction technology more often than not while gaming. I agree that researching to see what fits your needs is important. I highly recommend reading this article before deciding what whether to use G-Sync or Freesync ... each has advantages ... Freesync an do PiP for example, perhaps if you watch TV and picture in picture is a preferred option. But using a scaler has other limitations by which G-Sync is not constrained including built in MBR technology and decreased lag. Read the article and see what suits you best:

My 2nd oldest was in a situation where he could afford the monitor he wanted .... or the GFX card upgrade he wanted. He went with the monitor 1st, then upgraded the GFX card the next year

This is still my favorite monitor ... it's getting a bit long in the tooth so i din't know that I'd invest in it today. But at about $500, it's certainly $200 better than the $350 models I have had occasion to experience. It's older brother, the 144 hz model was reviewed on TFT

Might want to take a look at the monitors on the lists here and see what falls within yoiur budget

System Name SYBARIS
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Case Montech Air ARGB
First of all, I'm sorry for assuming you abandoned the post. I was hasty for calling ypu out so soon.

Secondly do you want 27 inch 1440p or 24-25 inch 1080p? Your current GPU might not be able to run 1440p properly at full speed but it's good for future-proofing if nothing else.

You said your current monitor is badly colored and bad HDR. HDR as in HDR content support or general hdr characteristics (bright objects and dark objects both look kinda same tone and washed out).
If you're looking for HDR content support, you gotta pay a pretty penny. Most of the $400-500+ monitors tout DisplayHDR400 certification but it's a hogwash. They can certainly accept HDR singal but can't properly show it since they're not locally-dimmed. If you wanna enjoy growing HDR content, buy an OLED TV beacuse only they can show HDR at its fullest.
If you're talking about general hdr characteristic, grab any IPS or VA. Yours is TN and it's kinda a TN characteristic.

I won't preach curved is good or bad but almost all of the VA available are curved and Samsung makes them. If you do office work curved panel might not be for you. Not only that but because of particular pixel structure Samsung uses on those VA, texts look blurry. But don't think all VA are bad. Other manufacturers beside Samsung also make VA and recenty released Samsung Odyssey G7 and G9 could be using newer generation VA (I haven't checked detailed review of them). And since samsung started producing them, other monitor brands will also start using the panels. Although they're 240hz and will fetch a premium.

As for G-sync and Freesync. G-sync (with the original module) will cost a little more, lock you out of using AMD cards and kinda old. Most recent released monitors are Freesync but with G-sync Compatible stickers. There were some G-sync module using monitors recently announced/released that WILL support AMD cards (Nvidia caved in and made the modules GPU-agbostic few months ago. But only newly released ones).

rtings.com, tftcentral.co.uk, pcmonitors.info, hardwareunboxed youtube/techspot.com (written review) are good review sites imo. There was another netherlandic site I think nl.hardware.info maybe that do thorough review. LinusTechTips also sometimes does monitor reviews. While they don't do cold hard numbers like the others I mentioned, Linus has a good eye and don't do "read off the spec sheet" and "this monitor is good for its price, thumbs up" kinda review.

System Name look here
Cooling be quite
Less expensive monitors with similar features to the LG that you selected include the Pixio PX7P and Nixeus NX-EDG27S v2.
I don't like this brand but thank you your recommendations, thanks.

I also like my Dell S3220 DGF! It was something around $350 from Best Buy, 1440P, curved, VA, FreeSync 2, 165 Hz. Pretty nice colors, responsive, easy on my eyes too. Decent adjustable stand. I love the size.
Does my GPU support this monitor?

I always start with what I want ... then decide if I'm willing to spend that much. At that point it's a settle for something else or wait decision.

Based upon what I have seen / played... the best gaming experience that is is to be had (in most games I have played) with an AUOptronics panel @ 1440p on a 165 Hz IPS panel using ULMB (120 Hz setting). The 100 Hz setting is still preferred over adaptive sync in most games, but if 100 fps can not be maintained, will usually go to G-Sync. However a 1660 Super is not going to get you there, at least not at 1440p. Witcher 3 for example comes in at about 60 fps in the 1660 Super. If you want to see what Motion Blur reduction technology does, watch the video here:

I am also not a fan of curved monitors. And I commend your reliance on tftcentral it's THE place to get monitor info. Most every other site i have seen parrots the manufacturers "imaginary" specs and spends 8 - 60 minutes gaming before pitting out a review.

Given the card you have I'd lean to G-Sync over Freesync. At 1080p, Id definitely want to use Motion Blur Reduction technology more often than not while gaming. I agree that researching to see what fits your needs is important. I highly recommend reading this article before deciding what whether to use G-Sync or Freesync ... each has advantages ... Freesync an do PiP for example, perhaps if you watch TV and picture in picture is a preferred option. But using a scaler has other limitations by which G-Sync is not constrained including built in MBR technology and decreased lag. Read the article and see what suits you best:

My 2nd oldest was in a situation where he could afford the monitor he wanted .... or the GFX card upgrade he wanted. He went with the monitor 1st, then upgraded the GFX card the next year

This is still my favorite monitor ... it's getting a bit long in the tooth so i din't know that I'd invest in it today. But at about $500, it's certainly $200 better than the $350 models I have had occasion to experience. It's older brother, the 144 hz model was reviewed on TFT

Might want to take a look at the monitors on the lists here and see what falls within yoiur budget

A useful info. i reply you before i should read a lot of paper and do a lot of homeworks, thanks.

First of all, I'm sorry for assuming you abandoned the post. I was hasty for calling ypu out so soon.

Secondly do you want 27 inch 1440p or 24-25 inch 1080p? Your current GPU might not be able to run 1440p properly at full speed but it's good for future-proofing if nothing else.

You said your current monitor is badly colored and bad HDR. HDR as in HDR content support or general hdr characteristics (bright objects and dark objects both look kinda same tone and washed out).
If you're looking for HDR content support, you gotta pay a pretty penny. Most of the $400-500+ monitors tout DisplayHDR400 certification but it's a hogwash. They can certainly accept HDR singal but can't properly show it since they're not locally-dimmed. If you wanna enjoy growing HDR content, buy an OLED TV beacuse only they can show HDR at its fullest.
If you're talking about general hdr characteristic, grab any IPS or VA. Yours is TN and it's kinda a TN characteristic.

I won't preach curved is good or bad but almost all of the VA available are curved and Samsung makes them. If you do office work curved panel might not be for you. Not only that but because of particular pixel structure Samsung uses on those VA, texts look blurry. But don't think all VA are bad. Other manufacturers beside Samsung also make VA and recenty released Samsung Odyssey G7 and G9 could be using newer generation VA (I haven't checked detailed review of them). And since samsung started producing them, other monitor brands will also start using the panels. Although they're 240hz and will fetch a premium.

As for G-sync and Freesync. G-sync (with the original module) will cost a little more, lock you out of using AMD cards and kinda old. Most recent released monitors are Freesync but with G-sync Compatible stickers. There were some G-sync module using monitors recently announced/released that WILL support AMD cards (Nvidia caved in and made the modules GPU-agbostic few months ago. But only newly released ones).

rtings.com, tftcentral.co.uk, pcmonitors.info, hardwareunboxed youtube/techspot.com (written review) are good review sites imo. There was another netherlandic site I think nl.hardware.info maybe that do thorough review. LinusTechTips also sometimes does monitor reviews. While they don't do cold hard numbers like the others I mentioned, Linus has a good eye and don't do "read off the spec sheet" and "this monitor is good for its price, thumbs up" kinda review.
Never mind , bad feelings have been gone. Let's return to my new monitor. You gives me an important messages, my GPU mightn't support 27" monitors and I don't know this information. I found I should focus on a good gaming monitors but never do the homework or researches. If I buy the monitor that it's not support my GPU, i will waste money.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I still don't see a budget listed.
my GPU mightn't support 27" monitors and I don't know this information.
Here are the specs for the GTX 1660 Super (scroll down and click on "VIEW FULL SPECS". It supports up to 7680x4320@120Hz and has the following connections, DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.0b, and DL-DVI-D.

Your graphics solution will easily support 27" monitors.

...almost all of the VA available are curved and Samsung makes them.
"Almost all" are curved? Ummm, maybe in your marketing region. But not globally. For sure, many VA are curved, but not almost all.

Either way, the OP has already stated he is looking for a flat screen.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I can tell you that the Gigabyte 32QC may be the best price performance monitor. It will be an upgrade from your previous. It is VA, 1500R curve, 165 Hz 1440P Freesync premium with an MSRP of $369.99. Right now it is $339.99 on Amazon. Watch the Hardware Unboxed review to get a in depth review of this. This monitor even has a System Spec display so you won't have to use MSI Afterburner or AMD Display to get your FPS.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
He does NOT want a curved monitor!

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
He does NOT want a curved monitor!
I was the same way. I thought they were gimmicky. The price of the 32QC overcame that and now I wonder why I didn't go curved before. It would be a waste at 27' for me though. That is why I advised on a 32" screen.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Price does not matter if you don't want it. The OP said he does not like and does not want a curved monitor. So it serves no purpose to suggest one.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
"Almost all" are curved? Ummm, maybe in your marketing region. But not globally. For sure, many VA are curved, but not almost all.

Either way, the OP has already stated he is looking for a flat screen.

Almost all in the sense that most current available are Samsung VA and curved. AUO VA panel is flat but monitors that use it are only a handful. LG don't produce VA panel iirc.

I don't like this brand but thank you your recommendations, thanks.

Does my GPU support this monitor?

A useful info. i reply you before i should read a lot of paper and do a lot of homeworks, thanks.

Never mind , bad feelings have been gone. Let's return to my new monitor. You gives me an important messages, my GPU mightn't support 27" monitors and I don't know this information. I found I should focus on a good gaming monitors but never do the homework or researches. If I buy the monitor that it's not support my GPU, i will waste money.
Let me rephrase. Any graphics card can support any size (and resolution) of display. But if you game, it has to be taken into account how powerful the graphics card is and how much the resolution of the display is. 1080p is shorthand for 1920x1080 resolution, fairly common and easy to drive. You can get this resolution in monitors from cheap 22" to all the way to 32".
1440p is 2560x1440. There are some old 24" ones but are mostly 27" and up.

Your GTX 1660 can drive 1080p easier than 1440p. Although you can always lower the graphics of the games to get more fps.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
:( Perhaps something is lost in translation but in English, "most" is the not the same as "almost all". 60% for example is "most" but it sure is not "almost all".

Regardless and once again - the OP does not like or want a curved monitor. So let's move on.

Reactions: Rei
System Name look here
Cooling be quite
Thank you all guys here. Let me read the information and do the research first. I buy the monitor that I want to focus on gaming and video like YouTube. Secondly, I need to use for excel and word. Finally, my budget is USD 300 below. I found the LG 27GL850 is great expensive in my city. I need to think about it.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Thank you all guys here. Let me read the information and do the research first. I buy the monitor that I want to focus on gaming and video like YouTube. Secondly, I need to use for excel and word. Finally, my budget is USD 300 below. I found the LG 27GL850 is great expensive in my city. I need to think about it.
Have a look at AOC if available.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
:( Perhaps something is lost in translation but in English, "most" is the not the same as "almost all". 60% for example is "most" but it sure is not "almost all".

Regardless and once again - the OP does not like or want a curved monitor. So let's move on.
And I reiterate, almost all. Cause it's close to 90%. Go to any retailer and search VA 144hz. I'll guarantee almost all of them are curved and thus Samsung made.

Not including ultrawides because they NEED to be curved.
Anyways enough talk. Here's my suggestion:

1) LG 27GL83A-B is same monitor as 850 without HDR certification and some such. I think it's $380? review

2) Viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD (yeah long name). $320 I think. review

3) Pixio PX7 Prime. $400 somehing iirc review 1 review 2

4) Acer Nitro VG271UP. $350. review review of similar monitor from Acer. My problem starts from 4:40 of the review. My understanding is that Acer limits some things on their budget Nitro lineup.

5) Viotek GFV27DAB. Perfectly $300. review. btw @Bill_Bright, this is one of those unicorn flat VA panels, from samsung even!