1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

any one flashed powercolor 6950 pcs+ vortex II

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by maverick1002, Aug 21, 2011.

1. maverick1002 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi all
    i tried to flash this vega powercolor hd 6950 2 giga pcs+ vortex II it accept flashing the GPu and core clock but no change in shader
    i tried bios 6970 his and saphire and power color all work good but without shader still 1408
    i use winflash
    any one flashed that model and can help
    i even oc it to 910 GPU / 1460 core clock and work good but refuse to increase voltage in any software ,, msi after burner, and in RBE i modify the bios it give error
    they say that that model vortex II very good although some say it have trouble in flashing it and VC it in any software:banghead:

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems as if your shaders aren't unlockable. It's pretty common.

maverick1002 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. maverick1002 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i know but shader won't unlock also can't edit in voltage control cuz they say it can go more if edit in voltage coltrol some go with it to 950 / 1500 and unlocked the shaders with same model

4. h4cker

h4cker New Member

Thanks Received:
    have you tried smartdocktor? im not a big fan to use smartdocktor but sometimes you have to :)

maverick1002 says thanks.
  5. therealslimgamey

therealslimgamey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a reference card, powercolor 6950 and unlocked the shaders. Only issue is that I used the 6970 bios so the minimum memory freq is 1375 but the GPU clock is whatever you want... I run stock 6970 frequencies no volt change and have the CCC power tuner up as far as possible. For most games +20% is the best but it will hover close to the max wattages allowed for the 6950, +15% to be on safe side. It works very well for me. I used this package. Remeber to have the bios in the correct positions.
    Go through the link in the "updated" section. I have had some crashes but only with bfbc2.

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159