• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

any1 know wats the max i can get from a arctic cooler 4 ?

x800xtpe

well as u know i want to buy a cooler but hoping it can drop my temps down at lil :) . the temps on myu x800xt pe are bout 80 full load and dont like the looks of that. so i was just wondering wat wud a ati silencer 4 do for me? my max overclocks on my stok cooler now are 560/615 stable . will i be able to push the core and mem any further??????? will this cooler give any suport for light volt moding?????// :rolleyes:

Spinal C

you'll probably be able to push further, on my 6800gt my temps were 58idle on stock when i got my silencer it went to 46idle so over a 10degree drop. im sure your results will be the same or close to it.

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Well a new cooler will help with overclocking and should make the card run more stable. The cooler the better basically. You can never say how much it will help with a overclock, but with temps, it should help quite a bit. I always say if you hit over 75, you should invest in a new cooler. Ya the card is probably fine at the temps, but it can cause the card to error or crash due to heat.

-Dan

x800xtpe

lol thats very true after i game for a while temps hit 70-80MAx . but in the ati tool runing the cube makes it very hot max temp i seen is 84 . i also adjusted the fan speed to run at 100% and try to keep it at 36 degrees idling . that work i can tell u that also i have a 80mm case fan blowing air onto the fan it self which also helps . i was realy confused about which cooler to get . i waas thinking either Arctic cooler silencer rev2 4 or the zalman alcu cooler with led's but that doesnt have memory cooling but has heat sinks. i realy wana get some more over clocking outa this card but dont want to go into water cooling just yet. :rolleyes:

AceFactor

Processor Athlon 64 3700+ Clawhammer :D @ stock speeds :(
Motherboard Gigabyte K8 Triton K8NS Pro
Cooling Stock CPU, 2x 120mm-1xfront & 1xrear, 1x 80mm-top
Memory 1.5Gb DDR 400 - 2x 512Mb Kingston KVR Value, 1x 512Mb KData
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XTPE 256Mb- XT >> XTPE :D AC ATi 5 Rev2 cooler
Storage 2x 40Gb ATA, still in process of setting up 160Gb Sata for Gaming
Display(s) Compaq S710
Case Modded Martian Case
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Power Supply Enermax 600w
Software XP Pro
Get the AC. .it vents the air outta your case, if you get the Zalman you gotta get the Vantec Spectrum Fan/Card to vent the hot air :)

-Adam