1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone Ever sent a Mobo to ASUS for RMA?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by divinebaboon, Mar 1, 2008.

1. divinebaboon

divinebaboon New Member

Thanks Received:
    So my 9600GT arrived today, put it in my m2n32-sli deluxe. turned it on,black screen. removed the ram,no beeping. called them,says it's the mobo that's broken. says RMA department is only open on weekdays. So i'm gonna wait til monday and call the rma department. Anybody have experience with their rma?how long does it take??

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It took me just over a week from when it died and I shipped next day to them after a conversation with a tech on their phone service. This was a 939 but it shouldnt matter.

Ive found Asus in the US to have one of the better Service/RMA depts. Just call them and foot the phone bill, emails seem to add time(days) to the RMA process.

Thay also have the policy that if something happens in shipping and the RMA ends up DOA, they then pay to ship both ways!!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Asus rma is pretty good even here in EU.;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    so the board was working fine before you tried to switch out GFX cards?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    RMA'd a board twice, went wrong both times. Did eventually get my board back both times, took 6 weeks the first time. Though that's .eu (located in .nl). They're easy to contact though and do replace your thing. Besides, I might just got very unlucky.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a terrible experience with ASUS RMA. When I was living in Lexington KY, I had to RMA my board. The RMA site was in Louisville, only 1.5 hours from me. It took 6 weeks for them to determine they were going to replace the board and send it back to me.

7. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I'm also going to RMA my MB seeing as though it displays the exact symptoms as yours does divine. I just hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get back to me :eek:

8. Bytor

Bytor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes and they were very helpful through the RMA process...

9. divinebaboon

divinebaboon New Member

Thanks Received:
    naw,bought the board on ebay(i know,stupid move >.<) back in january,put the machine together,but because the board didnt have an intergrated graphics card,i waited for the 9600gt. when it finally arrived...you know the story.
    I think I mgiht've accidently broke it by using magnetized screw driver to install the graphics card. I dropepd the screw o nthe mobo and picked it up with the magnet head...stupid me.

and happita, was yours working before?

10. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Although, I've found that having them help you through a troubleshoot through e-mail will cut RMA time if you enclose the case number from the email corrspondence; there's less troubleshooting that they have to do on their end once they recieve your part. Last mobo I RMAed through ASUS I had back within a week thanks to that - I payed for priority shipping there and had a board back by the end of the week.

Although, I wasn't all that happy with what I recieved back - and I promptly told them so. The mobo I had sent in for failed temp sensors was 2 weeks old out of the box, and still had that brand new look. The unit I was returned looked like it had been around a while, "gently used" I guess you could say . . . there was even a difference as to where the two were manufactured (go figure the faulty one was made in Taiwan and the one I was returned was made in China). I wasn't happy about it due to the aesthetics, and I let them know, but didn't push for a different board - I didn't see a point, truthfully.

Awesome company as far as customer relations, though - from my experiences, they do their best to help you get to the root of the problem instead of just immediately pointing the finger at some other component; plus, if you make sure to inform them of your technical level, they deal with you as such (frustrating for most of us that are fairly knowledgable to be dealt with like we're n00bz).

11. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't. At bootup there was no signal to the monitor and I got black screen. I tried booting up with no ram in the slots, and I didn't even get any beeps at startup, so that's when I knew it was the MB for sure.

12. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Funny you mention that, a few weeks ago i was reading some email and my monitor went off with no signal ( like it had gone to sleep ) but no matter how much i moved the mouse it wouldn't come bk so a quick restart and it worked and ive never seen the prob since ( touch wood ) i hope this isn't a sign of things to come as ive just rma'ed some ram but ocz are on the ball giving me 2 x 1gb for my 4 x 512 mb sticks. Just need them to be posted off in the first place :laugh:. That a Monday morning job. Butfrom what i read Asus rma service seems to be good and prompt but with the odd cock up.

Cheers
    Gam

13. divinebaboon

divinebaboon New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is really weird..I called their number today,1 812 282 2787, but when the machine starts to read the options, i press 2,and it didn;t do anything, and i pressed 1~9 over and over and it didnt respond either. And i know it isnt my phone button broken because i called their notebook support number 18886783688 and it responded to my pressing the buttons. anyone else encounter this?
    Update: just found this phone number on the internet 5107393777, which actually works. the lady i spoken with is super nice,got my rma and stuff taken care of.wow. now i just have to send it and wait.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Took about two weeks for for a K8V board about four years ago. They weren't bad at all. Has anyone noticed that Asus' servers are finally not insanely slow anymore?!

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, I've noticed that, too. It doesn't take half a day to load up a page and then time out anymore. Perhaps fewer issues with hardware/software = less traffic on their site :p