• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone familiar with buildroot?

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
So it's more specifically home assistant Os but I don't think that nessacerrily matters in this case.

I'm trying to install drivers for my dell poweredge but I'm seriously lacking in Linux intelligence I have no idea what variant of Linux drivers I need https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-my/product-support/product/poweredge-r210-2/drivers and if I can install them after the fact or if I need to fresh install with them copied in the /etc/udev directory.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
So it's more specifically home assistant Os but I don't think that nessacerrily matters in this case.

I'm trying to install drivers for my dell poweredge but I'm seriously lacking in Linux intelligence I have no idea what variant of Linux drivers I need https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-my/product-support/product/poweredge-r210-2/drivers and if I can install them after the fact or if I need to fresh install with them copied in the /etc/udev directory.

I do not have any experience with that version of linux. Is there a reason you are choosing Buildroot for a Dell server rather than something more traditionally server oriented like Debian or CentOS?

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
I do not have any experience with that version of linux. Is there a reason you are choosing Buildroot for a Dell server rather than something more traditionally server oriented like Debian or CentOS?
Purely because that's what the os is built on though by the looks of it I might have to use it through proxmox which is an extra layer I didn't really want to have.

It's slowly starting to turn into a vendetta though "I will beat it" it's running fine other than the NICs but using them instead of some silly little WiFi dongle is kinda important as I wanted all the cameras and sensors on a separate network to isolate them from the interwebs.

Buildroot seems to be based on Linux 5.something but understanding drivers in Linux is a minefield and after 3 days of searching the web and fighting this thing it feels like I've already lost a leg.