• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone know how Newegg's country-specific stores work?

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
For example if I go to their UK store, and then browse to Fractal Design , I get only 4 products: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/Fractal-Design/BrandStore/ID-14581

But the US store has pretty much all of them: https://www.newegg.com/Fractal-Design/BrandStore/ID-14581

My guess is that the regional stores only show what they have in stock in that region, which is a bit silly to me... why not instead show cost + shipping to said region in that region's currency?

p.s. what's the best online store in the UK to buy PC components?

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
My guess is that the regional stores only show what they have in stock in that region, which is a bit silly to me... why not instead show cost + shipping to said region in that region's currency?
My "guess" is it is not really about what Newegg stocks in that region, but what the manufacturers or the manufacturers' distributors stocks in that region and make available to Newegg and other retailers at competitive prices.

I would also guess Newegg has learned once UK customers learn how much extra it will cost them for international shipping (and, if applicable, import fees, added taxes, etc.), that the vast majority of UK buyers just won't pay it. So it then is just not cost effective to spend the resources to post that information on 1000s and 1000s of product they don't, or rarely ever sell.

I note too, as far as posting costs in the local region's currency, exchange rates change daily - often several times each day. And they can change significantly such that what appears to be a reasonable price to you and a fair profit for them can within a day or two (like over a weekend or holiday) turn into an unreasonable price for you or an actual loss for them - due only to fluctuating exchange rates. That likely would not be an issue if Fractal Design, following your example, kept their own UK warehouses fully stocked with their entire line of products.

I used to live in the UK and Azores (part of Portugal) and I feel your pain about international shipping costs and product availability. But I don't see how retailers can fix this. It simply costs a lot of money to ship internationally and retailers don't control shipping costs (which are often dependent on fluctuating fuel costs - another significant variable). Nor do they have any control over exchange rates. :(

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

Because it is a hassle to ship internationally, so they don't do it. They will only ship you what is available in your region.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Late to the game here but in the UK my preferred retailers in order are below, I usually go for the cheapest out of these as all have been good to me in the past, not so much so Scan and Overclockers UK but like anything, all our experiences are different...………...

Aria
Novatech
CCL Computers
EBuyer

I put together systems for folks in Uk... I mostly use scan.uk, amazon.uk and overclockers.uk for generic stuff .. can't remeber the site foe water cooling parts atm