1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone know where to buy these rods?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by copenhagen69, Feb 17, 2010.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I am building my own tech station and was pointed to these rods. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy them ... or something close to it.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'm not seeing any sort of rods in that picture, want to point out what it is your looking at?

3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    hes talking about the rods that hold the videocards down

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

circled them in different colors to help out since they are all kinda hard to see.

The rods I am talking about are the ones that would hold in the GPU or other add-on cards.

5. Carl2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like it is a threaded rod to hold in the video cards. A home supply place like Lowels or Home Depot will carry threaded rod, most inportant is the thread size in the plexiglass. Possibly covering the threaded rod with plastic will make it look better. The rods shown look like thay were made specificly for the product, could try contacting the manufacturer.
    Carl2

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    he's talking about those really large screws near the PCI bay covers should be, i think

no idea where to find them - try and find the source of that pic, maybe they'd know

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    That thing is all custom. You wont find chrome rods like that unless you cut and thread some. Looks like he even machined the knurled ends

8. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    i'm sure if you look around you can find thumbnuts and threaded rod. if you do a little research you'll find out the thread pitch that normal screws use for holding add-in cards to the case. then you can either find threaded rod that are identical in pitch or use a tapping and die kit to make your own.