1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone use one of these Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top Extreme pumps

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Altered, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    I have a friend looking to water cool his CPU and vid card only when he builds his new system. I am not familiar enough with the parts to say what is good or junk. He found this pump and this radiator he wanted to know my opinion on them.

Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top Extreme
    Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator

Well I didnt know so I thought I would ask where someone could assist us/him on a good setup. Anyone with some good knowledge on a pump, rad. , and fan combination would be greatly appreciated. With all the variables it would take me a year to find out what high or low speed fans would work best with what rad. What 1/2" tubing seems to be easy to work with etc. I already know he wants to run 1/2" line and it will be on a new AMD CPU and Vid card but thats about as far as he has decided on. The systems main purpose is FPS gaming and some average OCing. No record runs will be attempted. LOL

One last thing he intends to build a nice system. That said there really is no dollar limit but he is not rich. So he will spend a decent $ but not willing to do exotic prices. $200.00 for tubing just wont be considered as an example. :p Just keep in mind to be reasonable when suggesting parts.

Thanks for any help.

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    The dual D5 top is nice, but way overboard. At most I'd suggest 2xD5's with separate tops. And the link is only for the top, you'd still need 2 Laing D5's(or the appropriate variable ie Corsair D5 or Swiftech 655). So to clarify, there's no pump with the $100 aftermarket top.

Radiators with a high fin per inch ratio will do better with lower rpm fans. Less fins means less dissipation and a need for higher rpm fans. The linked radiator is super thin and may only be a single pass radiator, so I'd skip it and move to a dual pass, thicker rad like the Thermochill TA 120.2. I've used Thermochill and love the quality, but the price is premium.

1/2" Inner Diameter tubing is probably what he'll go with. The Outer Diameter or OD will dictate the thickness of the tubing, where a thicker tubing wall can bend without kinking easier and also breakdown less. An example is 1/2"ID 3/4"OD Tygon Black tubing, good stuff. :) Feser Tubing has a sweet website, should listen to that for a grin at the least. Primochill makes quality tubing as well. :)

I'll go ahead and suggest cpu/gpu blocks for grins :D

CPU~EK Supreme HF Has every mounting option included and great block
    GPU~
    if single gpu
    then Swiftech MCW80

if multi gpu
    then full cover blocks from EK, Koolance, Danger Den, ect.

the reason is it's extremely hard to route tubing to two cards with MCW80's on them, I had a hell of a time doing so.

A quality WC loop can easily run $300+ and take some time. An alternative to the All in One option would be the Swiftech H20-Edge 220(2x120mm rad) for $300. Everythings there and ready to go. The 320 version is more expensive but more rad. :)

Altered says thanks.
  3. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    The BP dual D5 top is overkill and expensive for what he intends.

IMHO, I would recommend one of these here, great quality products for a lot less money.

All that is needed after that is a vga wb and some tubing.

Altered says thanks.
  4. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    Excellent points mlee49. I will give him a link to this thread. Im pretty sure it will be a single top of the line GPU. Any ideas on what fans would be good on the Thermochill TA 120.2.

Thanks for the inexpensive kits Loosenut. Those do not include Vid card cooling. Will the 750 lph pump be able to support single gpu added in?

5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    The Thermochill TA 120.2 doesn't require super high rpm fans but everyone is gonna tell you that Sycthe Gentel Typoons are the God King of rad fans. At almost $15-20 a pop even 4 are quite a set back.

I use Sycthe S-Flex 1900rpm fans. Good CFM, good static pressure, and not terribly expensive. Also Yate Loon makes some really good fans for a budget, like $6 per 2000rpm fan.

Altered says thanks.
  6. Sadasius

Sadasius New Member

Thanks Received:
    God King of rad fans.....HAHAHA. I have fans that make my rad hover. Just click the youtube links in my sig. 6000 RPM 4 amps and 50 watts of power each. They are the mightiest San Ace 120mm fans you can get your hands on at over $50 a pop. Those are the God King of rad fans... :roll: Mind you they are definitely not quiet! :eek: