• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anything out there that can surpass my 10 year old Eizo HD2442W?

System Name SloMo
Processor G4560
Motherboard MSi H110-PRO-D
Cooling LC-CC-95 @ Arctic Cooling fan
Memory 2X Crucial DDR4 2400 4GB
Video Card(s) Integrated HD 610
Storage WD 500 GB + Seagate 500 GB + Toshiba 3 TB
Display(s) Lenovo D221
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Manhattan Flex BT Headphones, Encore P-801 stereo speakers
Power Supply Corsair CX450M
Mouse microsoft office mouse
Keyboard Modecom mc-800m
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores gorstak @ hwbot.org
I'd slightly reduce expectations if I was on a budget :D you can buy a decent car for the price of an eizo screen

you can get something like this if you're not into competetive mp games...https://eu.aoc.com/en/products/q3279vwf

this panel is a bit slow, but there is a faster, ips version for same price

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
sometimes the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it " really rings true. I got my Dell ultrasharp over 10 years ago, it sold in the $800 range, and came with amazing options for that time, or even now. Every card reader type built in, several USB ports/hubs, very adjustable mount/stand, and it is still kicking to this day, in a "relevant resolution" of 1200p. it was great then, and the quality shows now. i dont plan on switching up anytime soon, as i got this for a steal back then, and ive gotten my money back several times over in the past decade +. keep it until it stops working is my opinion, or be prepared to spend a decent chunk of case to fill its boots. Sadly, i feel if i were to switch up, id be hard pressed to find durability like this in the modern market, & id bet you would too.

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
I'd slightly reduce expectations if I was on a budget :D you can buy a decent car for the price of an eizo screen

you can get something like this if you're not into competetive mp games...https://eu.aoc.com/en/products/q3279vwf

this panel is a bit slow, but there is a faster, ips version for same price

I'm into story driven solo FPS and TPS games:) I'm on a budget, true, but if I can find something that comes close to my old Eizo then... I could probably sacrifice a kidney or two.

The AOC seems to be on the very low end. Also, MVA is worse then VA am I right?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Haha, I myself have a 22" kitchen TV that I consider as desperate backup, thank god I was spared until now. A family member used to have a huge plasma Tv that developed a giant green spot right in the middle, incurable so into the trash it went.

They also weren't the best at aging. They'd lose brightness in spotty patches, were prone to burn in... thankfully my current one survived due to lack of use.

Now I think I remember why they died out. :laugh:

Also, MVA is worse then VA am I right?

MVA is essentially older VA tech. AMVA is AU's latest VA tech I think. It's all covered in one of my links. Sharp's VA tech is also very good, but hard to find as they went under.

For "IPS type" I'd probably look at some of the Samsung panels (you can find them in many brand names, call it "PLS" I think), but you'll always have a bit of "backlight glow" from IPS in the blacks. Just nature of the tech. Viewing angles rock though.

I also wouldn't rule out AOC completely. They make panels, but they make complete monitors as well. Though not a premium name, they know their stuff and aren't incompetent by any means.

Man, I wish I had one of those beauties. My new panel taps out at around 3200:1 in practice.

Granted, diminishing returns and all, but heck, I like numbers. :laugh:

Last edited:
Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
sometimes the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it " really rings true. I got my Dell ultrasharp over 10 years ago, it sold in the $800 range, and came with amazing options for that time, or even now. Every card reader type built in, several USB ports/hubs, very adjustable mount/stand, and it is still kicking to this day, in a "relevant resolution" of 1200p. it was great then, and the quality shows now. i dont plan on switching up anytime soon, as i got this for a steal back then, and ive gotten my money back several times over in the past decade +. keep it until it stops working is my opinion, or be prepared to spend a decent chunk of case to fill its boots. Sadly, i feel if i were to switch up, id be hard pressed to find durability like this in the modern market, & id bet you would too.

good advice. It seems to me that tech hasn't gotten any cheaper nor any better over the years:) I expected decent Eizo-like 1440p monitors to be in the middle-price range by now.

They also weren't the best at aging. They'd lose brightness in spotty patches, were prone to burn in... thankfully my current one survived due to lack of use.

Now I think I remember why they died out. :laugh:

MVA is essentially older VA tech. AMVA is AU's latest VA tech I think. It's all covered in one of my links. Sharp's VA tech is also very good, but hard to find as they went under.

For "IPS type" I'd probably look at some of the Samsung panels, but you'll always have a bit of "backlight glow" from IPS in the blacks.

I also wouldn't rule out AOC completely. They make panels, but they make complete monitors as well. Though not a premium name, they know their stuff and aren't incompetent by any means.

So you say.. Ok I'll do some AOC research. They seem to be dirt cheap

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
So you say.. Ok I'll do some AOC research. They seem to be dirt cheap

Bleh... I got AOC and AUO confused... I know nothing about AOC. AUO is a panel maker though, to my credit... lol.