• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aorus Creates Its Greatest Gaming Laptops to Date: X9 DT, X7 DT V8, and X5 V8

AORUS, the high-end gaming enthusiast brand, announces the greatest update ever. Introducing the 8th generation of X7 DT and X5 laptops with 8th gen Intel i7-8850H overclockable CPU. What's more, introducing the X9 DT, now with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics with G-SYNC and the 8th gen Intel i9-8950HK extreme overclockable CPU.

8th Gen CPU's | i7-8850H and i9-8950HK
With the introduction of the all new 8th gen CPU's from Intel comes to the next generation of AORUS gaming laptops. The update includes the X5 v8, X7 DT v8 and X9 DT. With both the v8 versions opting for the 8th gen Intel Core i7-8850H and the X9 DT taking flagship specs with the first ever Intel i9 series CPU to be fitted in a laptop. The Intel Core i9-8950HK makes the X9 DT the world's first to equip an extreme edition CPU and creating one of the most powerful gaming laptop ever.

Gaming Display Upgrade | 144Hz Refresh Rate
All 3 laptop versions are equipped with an even higher refresh rate display, up from the previous 120Hz, now with 144Hz all the way. What's more, the display is now an IPS display, providing both high refresh rate and wide viewing angles. All the display is calibrated through X-rite Pantone calibration for perfect color reproduction right out of the box.

Increased Ram Speed | 2666MHz Memory
With most high-end gaming laptops are now equipped with DDR4 memory, AORUS goes further to than the norm and increases the memory speed to 2666Hz. An increased speed directly affects games and applications that the user will appreciate.

Go Inside the Action with Breakthrough Sound
Dolby Atmos pulls you into the game with powerful, moving audio that sweeps all around and above you with amazing precision and realism. A leap forward from surround sound, it gives you a competitive edge, with audio that heightens your sense of awareness and immerses you in a more intense gaming experience.

The Original X9 Updated | Now with G-SYNC Enabled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
AORUS has taken feedback from gamers worldwide and updated the Original NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 SLI AORUS X9 comes with the name "X9 DT". The X9 DT takes it to the next level and offers gamers another flagship configuration option. Comes with a single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with G-SYNC and the all-new extreme edition Intel i9-8950HK overclockable CPU, the X9 DT is an extreme gaming laptop that certainly makes dreams come true.

iF Design Award | Environmental Friendly Rice Husk Packaging
AORUS believes in protecting the environment and has invested greatly in this ideal by creating quality packaging with rice husk as the main material. The result is a smaller and completely degradable shell that offers the same protection as before. AORUS is proud to announce a winning in the world renowned and prestigious iF design award 2018. "we started this packaging project not so long ago, purely to minimize the impact on our environment, the iF award is another nod to our vision and an acknowledgment that we can protect the environment by having great design cues," states Poon Chee, Packaging Design Manager at AORUS.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
pay 2 grand for downclocking and a gtx 1070! oh and enjoy 20% less performance on your 1070 compared to desktop version! i forgot to mention the 90 degrees heat when gaming! lol. ugh these companies. I am desktop for life. one gaming gtx 1070 laptop was enough for me to learn my lesson. yes sir.

pay 2 grand for downclocking and a gtx 1070! oh and enjoy 20% less performance on your 1070 compared to desktop version! i forgot to mention the 90 degrees heat when gaming! lol. ugh these companies. I am desktop for life. one gaming gtx 1070 laptop was enough for me to learn my lesson. yes sir.

Not everyb....

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@dj-electric yeah I know my comment is not meant towards all companies lol. I just have a lot of hate for gaming laptops after my gtx 1070 laptop died on me. ;)

@dj-electric yeah I know my comment is not meant towards all companies lol. I just have a lot of hate for gaming laptops after my gtx 1070 laptop died on me. ;)

I got zapped by a PSU once, got sliced by a CPU cooler. I drank watercooling coolent, and had a motherboard blow up in my face.

Guess what :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I got zapped by a PSU once, got sliced by a CPU cooler. I drank watercooling coolent, and had a motherboard blow up in my face.

I have never risked water ever, had my big Noctua heatsink for years now and used it in over 5 builds. Never changing. Never had any of those other issues either, you might have bad luck mate lol

You should be happy to be still alive.
The coolant is similar to the antifreeze you fill into cars and contains Ethylene clycol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifreeze#Ethylene_glycol) which builds crystals in your kidneys and make you pee blood.
Kids, dont do such stuff at home!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
This is what "gaming" Laptops should look like, not those ultra thin, light weight pretenders.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
never understood the reason why "gaming Laptops" ...

+1 here,

This is what "gaming" Laptops should look like, not those ultra thin, light weight pretenders.
+1 here too....

Dr Dre

If you are done with gaming laptops why do you read articles on them? lol