• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple: A Touch of Fraud Over Guarantees

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
The departure of Steve did not cause Apple to be any less underhanded. They were like that before, if not worse because of Steve.

Yes this is also common practice among PC makers. They never tell you to wait a year before buying extended coverage.

People should research the products they buy; look at the warranties, terms and conditions. What apple did was underhand but not illegal. Its like electronics stores that sell a one year warranty when a tv has a 3 year FREE warranty.

At least Apple are now being told to make it clear. The problem is not that Apple sell a useless care package its that they dont make their warranty and the legal conditions for the country the product is sold in clear, they make it seem like the customer should buy said care package.

In the end its ultimately the consumers fault for not doing the research.

Transylvania (RO) working in Barcelona (ES)
System Name Rzyen X
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D ^ PBO -30 ECO mode 1.15v SOC
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB
Memory 32Gb Adata Lancer XPG 6000Mhz CL30 EXPO 1.260v
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 GRE Nitro+ OC - core 2800Mhz / mem 2600Mhz
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 2TB WD SN770 + 2TB Adata Legend 850
Display(s) ViewSonic ColorPRO VP2776 - 27" 1440p^165Hz
Case Phanteks P600S White
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z2300 + Skullcandy Crusher Evo
Power Supply EVGA T2 1000W Titanium
Mouse RedDragon M686 RGB
Keyboard SPC GK630K Tournament
Software Windows 11 PRO
Benchmark Scores CB R23 - 18.703 pct / CB 2024 - 1.159 pct
I glad i don't use any Apple products...

System Name ICE
Processor AMD 1090t
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Thermaltake MaxORB EX
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4Gb DDR3@1866
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX670 OC
Storage SSD 128Gb Samsung 840 pro + 2x500Gb sata HDD
Display(s) Samsung 2233RZ@120Hz
Case CM Storm Enforcer
Power Supply Corsair AX760 80Platinum
Software Win 7 - 64 bit
Well, that's not strictly true - other companies get outed as well.

However, Apple has had a very good reputation in this regard until now, so when they start pulling stunts like this it's very much news. Also, wouldn't you rather be informed about it than be kept in the dark?

EDIT: this info is especially useful to our Italian readers who are looking to buy Apple products, as they can now make an informed decision. Yeah, get the info out there, blog about it, whatever and make sure everybody knows!

Believe me...folks like me who are generaly interested in the IT tech daily sceneary, already suspected this fishy behaviour...it's just that when you have this kinda awareness/knowledge, you generally don't purchase Apple products; you go with that thing/s that does the same stuff and costs less.

Problem is stupid people pretending to konw somethin about tech, buying Apple product because they "know" :)rolleyes:) it's the best tech-thing out there. I don't feel sorry for these people (just like most americans don't feel sorry for rednecks who just don't want to move from places like Tornado Alley) ...and trust me, there are thousands of them in Italy. Thousands of ignorant dumbasses that with their ignorant choices shape the political-economical situation of Italy day by day.

How's Italy doing lately? YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!

Hell, if it wasn't for enlightened artists like Donatello, Brunelleschi, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Tintoretto, Bellini, Botticelli, Caravaggio, Ghiberti, Giotto, Raphael etc etc...(and probably Venice) you wouldn't even want to come visit Italy so much today, now would you?

Oh yeah the food! Big time marketing on that too...you really think pizza, spaghetti, lasagna and mozzarella don't taste as good in other places wordwide? :wtf:

ps: 900,000 Euros fine...............................Apple revenue 2011: 108 billion $
...Yeah right I'm sure they've learned the lesson and never do it again :rolleyes:

Last edited: