• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Updates MacBook Pro Line with Faster Processors, Next-Gen Graphics

Your paying for the OS, which IMO, is worth it. If OSX worked on PC parts (100% natively, not hackintosh), and all games were supported, I wouldn't even touch Windows. I love OSX like a mother loves their child. :)

I have a 20" iMac (Last gen), two iPhones, and an iPad (iMac and iPad are my wife's). Am I an Apple freak? Sorta... but I won't ever give up PC's and modding until OSX can support my hobbies; reviewing, modding and gaming. Until then, PC will always be my main rig.

Now, to the topic, I want a 15" MacBook Pro, pronto. Is it worth the price tag? It is, if you utilize it, best way to answer it. :)

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Your paying for the OS, which IMO, is worth it. If OSX worked on PC parts (100% natively, not hackintosh), and all games were supported, I wouldn't even touch Windows. I love OSX like a mother loves their child. :)

I have a 20" iMac (Last gen), two iPhones, and an iPad (iMac and iPad are my wife's). Am I an Apple freak? Sorta... but I won't ever give up PC's and modding until OSX can support my hobbies; reviewing, modding and gaming. Until then, PC will always be my main rig.

Now, to the topic, I want a 15" MacBook Pro, pronto. Is it worth the price tag? It is, if you utilize it, best way to answer it. :)

I love OS X as well, but it's not worth hundreds of dollars. I also own a 20" iMac (white Core 2 model), an iPhone 3GS, 80GB iPod Video, and an old G5 Power Mac that was given to me. I'm no Mac hater, but for the premium of the Macbook, I'd rather just hackintosh a regular lappy, and use the money I saved to buy a more powerful lappy.