• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Aqua (Done now untill i have money again)

• Thread starter Deleted member 41019
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41019

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD ATHLON X2 / 2GB PNY DDR2-6400 / ATI X1550 512MB / 1TB HDD (2 500GB'S)

Mods:
New cpu cooler/and gpu cooler. Dont wanna oc it as it performs well enough.
Oh yes i did remove the door i just got annoying........lol

Ok this is it untill i get some money to spair then im gonna build a new system. But i need ideas. Any????
I want to stick with amd (lookin @ the new phenom x4) dunno how expencive that will be.
And its gotta be OVERKILL!!!!
I want a dual cpu mobo if possable as much ram as i can and as many gpu's as the system can take.
And a spanking new case and power supply

Whoever gives me the best idea that i want to go with can HAVE this pc here. (And i will put the door back on.....lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name NOS
Processor Core Extreme QX6850
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling VANTEC STING RAY CPU Block, 3x120mm fan's with Radiator, Seltz 1200lt/h
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) PCI-express ATI Radeon HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 512bits
Storage 5 HD's 160GB SATAII Seagate ST3860815AS 7200.10
Display(s) LG 22'' model 22LS4R
Case 3Rsystem's R810 with mod's for watercooler system
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX II
Power Supply ULTRA X3 1000W modular PSU
Software WINXP PRO SP3 x86

Robert_GameXpert

Processor AMD Athlon 64 2 4200+ @ 2.71GHz
Motherboard MSI K9A Platinum
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500-AM2
Memory 1GB DDr2 (Generic for now)
Video Card(s) ATi Radeon X1950XTX Crossfire Master Edition
Storage 400GB Samsung HD400LJ Sata2
Display(s) Acer AL2016W 20" Widescreen LCD
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Crossfire Edition
Software Vista Ultimate
If you are looking at Phenom then I wouldn't bank on many dual CPU boards being available at launch. If you want great performance then get a Phenom FX quad core and take it from there - a single socket would also consume less power and be easier to cool - if you went with dual socket then watercooling would be the only sensible option, and quite a bit of kit would be needed for that.
When Phenom is out, als expect a refresh of the HD2900XT- probably the HD2950XT series - PCI-e 2.0 and DX 10.1 compatible. Motherboards should be released with the Phenom that can support these new standards and feature 3 PCI-e 2.0 slots for three-way crossfire. Two cards would render the graphics, the other would be a dedicated PPU (Physics processing unit).
So far then we have a Phenom FX quad, an AM3 motherboard with the RD790 chipset, 3xHD2950XT - now memory.
Phenom will likely still utilize DDR2 - so 4GB of 1066MHz RAM would suffice - the operating system would need to be 64 bit though to support the full 4GB.
Case - any large Lian Li or even the Silverstone tj07 would suffice, with ample room for the components.
To supply power to all of this, I would recommend a PCP&C Turbocool 1KW PSU - that should provide clean and steady output for a long time.

D

Deleted member 41019

If you are looking at Phenom then I wouldn't bank on many dual CPU boards being available at launch. If you want great performance then get a Phenom FX quad core and take it from there - a single socket would also consume less power and be easier to cool - if you went with dual socket then watercooling would be the only sensible option, and quite a bit of kit would be needed for that.
When Phenom is out, als expect a refresh of the HD2900XT- probably the HD2950XT series - PCI-e 2.0 and DX 10.1 compatible. Motherboards should be released with the Phenom that can support these new standards and feature 3 PCI-e 2.0 slots for three-way crossfire. Two cards would render the graphics, the other would be a dedicated PPU (Physics processing unit).
So far then we have a Phenom FX quad, an AM3 motherboard with the RD790 chipset, 3xHD2950XT - now memory.
Phenom will likely still utilize DDR2 - so 4GB of 1066MHz RAM would suffice - the operating system would need to be 64 bit though to support the full 4GB.
Case - any large Lian Li or even the Silverstone tj07 would suffice, with ample room for the components.
To supply power to all of this, I would recommend a PCP&C Turbocool 1KW PSU - that should provide clean and steady output for a long time.

Now thats what im talkin about. But i still want more and money does not matter. SO GO NUTS!! (but still i like the idea dude.....:) )

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
if money is no option why dont you save yourself the hassle and go get an alien - those things are stonkingly fast

D

Deleted member 41019

if money is no option why dont you save yourself the hassle and go get an alien - those things are stonkingly fast

I was lookin at some of there lappy's there quick too. Has anyone had dealings with alienware at all? What are they like to do business with?

B

Byro

I was lookin at some of there lappy's there quick too. Has anyone had dealings with alienware at all? What are they like to do business with?

I've done buisness with them, I've got an Alienware Area-51 m-5500 Laptop. They are good quality laptops, except it takes forever to get your computer, at least it did 2 years ago when I got mine, they also charge you like mad for shipping but it seems they've settled down a bit on they're shipping fee's since Dell bought them I had to pay $189 shipping, I checked now and it says like $70, anywho if you want an overkill PC You can Indeed get dual Phenom's unlike what the guy above said, they are making Socket-F Phenoms (though they will be opterons [maybe fx-80's?]) You will be able to get 2 of them on one board, and it has 4 PCI-E 16X Slots so go crazy with your video cards. I'd suggest 8GB of OCZ Assuming your planning on using vista, if not 4GB. Anyways , this looks pretty good, Alienware is good... Enjoy.

Mine: http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1081.html

D

Deleted member 41019

I've done buisness with them, I've got an Alienware Area-51 m-5500 Laptop. They are good quality laptops, except it takes forever to get your computer, at least it did 2 years ago when I got mine, they also charge you like mad for shipping but it seems they've settled down a bit on they're shipping fee's since Dell bought them I had to pay $189 shipping, I checked now and it says like $70, anywho if you want an overkill PC You can Indeed get dual Phenom's unlike what the guy above said, they are making Socket-F Phenoms (though they will be opterons [maybe fx-80's?]) You will be able to get 2 of them on one board, and it has 4 PCI-E 16X Slots so go crazy with your video cards. I'd suggest 8GB of OCZ Assuming your planning on using vista, if not 4GB. Anyways , this looks pretty good, Alienware is good... Enjoy.

Mine: http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1081.html

Ta for that. Its more what im looking for. No im not planning to use vista its a pile of crap lol.
BSD is the way for me im putting together a program so i can use pc games on it.

I will let everyone know how it goes and will make it free too.