• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Announces BioniX P-series Fans

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Software Windows 10 Pro
ARCTIC, one of the leading manufacturers of low-noise PC coolers and components, is bringing a powerful LED case fan to market for the first time with its BioniX P120 A-RGB. The pressure-optimized, PWM-controlled 120 mm fan comes with 12 addressable RGB LEDs for a customisable color experience.

The fan blades of the BioniX P120 A-RGB generate a focused airflow, ensuring highly efficient cooling even with increased air resistance on heatsinks, radiators and covered case vents. The newly developed ARCTIC motor and the high-quality bearings ensure smooth running and a particularly long service life. The fan speed of the BioniX P120 A-RGB can be adjusted synchronously with other fans in the speed range from 400 to 2300 rpm.

With many motherboards from common manufacturers, LEDs are controlled directly via an A-RGB connection on the mainboard; alternatively, they can be controlled using an external controller with remote control. With the BioniX P120 A-RGB bundle of three fans, the controller is included in the package.

The new BioniX P120 A-RGB fan is also impressive when it comes to installation and expandability. It is equipped with two 8-pin connectors that serve as input and output to pass on fan and lighting signals. This considerably simplifies the cabling. A connector block is included in the scope of delivery for wireless series connection.

• A-RGB for freely configurable lighting
  • Focused airflow for high efficiency on heatsinks and radiators
  • Easy installation and expansion thanks to connector technology
  • Modular cable management
  • Very quiet operation as a result of newly developed fan blades
  • PWM signal regulates the fan speed
The BioniX P120 A-RGB is now available individually (RRP $24.99) as well as in a bundle of 3 BioniX P120 A-RGB + controller (RRP $54.99).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard Biostar X370GTN
Cooling Custom CPU+GPU water loop
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 C16
Video Card(s) AMD R9 Fury X
Storage 500GB 960 Evo (OS ++), 500GB 850 Evo (Games)
Display(s) Dell U2711
Case NZXT H200i
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Lenovo Compact Keyboard with Trackpoint
Software Windows 10 Pro
The regular Bionix P120 and lower-speed P12 fans are great fans, so these should be a good option for those wanting some RGB to go with their performance. Hopefully these will sell well, Arctic deserves it for making excellent fans!

Lol I thought they’d never do it! They look good though. My only gripe is the lower performance, probably from the ARGB ring which compromises fan radius. If they did a version that’s translucent and lit from the center, without hurting performance, I’d be all over it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard Biostar X370GTN
Cooling Custom CPU+GPU water loop
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 C16
Video Card(s) AMD R9 Fury X
Storage 500GB 960 Evo (OS ++), 500GB 850 Evo (Games)
Display(s) Dell U2711
Case NZXT H200i
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Lenovo Compact Keyboard with Trackpoint
Software Windows 10 Pro
Lol I thought they’d never do it! They look good though. My only gripe is the lower performance, probably from the ARGB ring which compromises fan radius. If they did a version that’s translucent and lit from the center, without hurting performance, I’d be all over it.
Wow, I hadn't noticed the lower performance. You're likely right, in side-by-side pictures it's clear the fan blades are significantly smaller. That definitely makes these a lot less attractive, though they're probably still decent for aRGB fans.

Wow, I hadn't noticed the lower performance. You're likely right, in side-by-side pictures it's clear the fan blades are significantly smaller. That definitely makes these a lot less attractive, though they're probably still decent for aRGB fans.
Yeah I’d say their decent. 48cfm/2.1mm H2O is perfectly acceptable for radiators, just not great if you want high performance.

These were clearly made with radiators from liquid cooling systems in mind.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Titanium
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Asus RX Vega 56
Storage Samsung 850 Evo
Display(s) Samsung UE590D
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Mini
Power Supply Silverstone SX-500 L
Pretty thick at 30mm

video review here: