• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Releases the Liquid Freezer II Series AIO CPU Coolers

System Name PowerEdge R730 DRS Cluster
Processor 4x Xeon E5-2698 v3
Cooling Many heckin screamy bois
Memory 480GB ECC DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) Matrox G200eR2
Storage SD Card. Yep, really no other local storage.
Display(s) It's probably a couple of boring Dell Ultrasharps and a sacrificial laptop.
Case 39U 6-rack server room with HEVC and 44KVA UPS
Mouse Maybe
Keyboard Yes!
Software ESXi 6.5 U3
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Arctic are a Swiss/German company and Asetek's patent is only defensible in the USA. They simply won't sell this product in the US.
Huh, interesting.
Competition is good for progress and improvements, and that patent is a disaster - but thankfully the global market is a truckload bigger than just the US.
I should spend more time looking at the Asian/Euro AIOs!

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD TR4 1920X
Motherboard MSI X399 SLI Plus
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer 420 x2 Noctua NHU-14S TR4
Memory Gskill RIpjaws 4 3000MHZ 48GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro, Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage 6 x NVME 480 GB, 2 x SSD 2TB, 5TB HDD, 2 TB HDD, 2x 2TB SSHD
Display(s) Acer 49BQ0k 4K monitor
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1200!
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 24955 Time Spy: 13500
The presence of all three AIOs on Arctic's US Amazon store would indicate otherwise.
I think the issue with Asetek is if they are manufactured or designed outside of Europe as the Alphacool Eisbaer is a unit unlike any Asetek based AIO. Funnily enough my 2 favourite coolers are the Alphacool 420 Eisbaer and the Cooler Master Nepton 280 which are both non Asetek designs.

Huh, interesting.
Competition is good for progress and improvements, and that patent is a disaster - but thankfully the global market is a truckload bigger than just the US.
I should spend more time looking at the Asian/Euro AIOs!
It has really gimped the AIO market. Deepcool's newest AIOs look really interesting with that bladder unit to exhaust air though.

F**k Asetek... great example of a company sitting on one design and just patent trolling everyone else.

But the reason for the new pump designs making it N/A side is because the pump, block combination patent expired last a year or two ago.

Yay!