• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are AMD Current CPUs Not Enough For Solid 60 FPS Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name BACKTOTHEFUTURE
Processor Stock I7 920
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4 BIOS F6
Cooling 4 120mm 1 140mm top fan
Memory 12 gigabytes of DDR3 1333 RAM
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780ti
Storage Samsung 1.5 terrabyte Steam Drive and 2 Samsung 750 gig Sata 2 in Raid 0
Display(s) HP LP3065 30" Monitor
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DS
Power Supply Solid Gear Neutron 750 watt
Software Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
I want to make this opening statement as brief as possible. I have been an AMD user for a long time and I have several AMD systems with a variety of processors. 2 systems have Phenom X3 8750s, 1 has a Phenom 9600, 2 have Phenom X4 9850s, 1 has a Phenom II 920, and 1 has an Athlon II 635 quad core at 2.9 ghz.

I also have 2 systems with I7 920s. Now for a while I always thought that my I7 systems were overkill from a CPU standpoint but ever since Ghostbusters came out I am starting to notice HUGE differences in performance in real gameplay in newer games. In that game none of my AMD systems can stay at a solid 60 FPS even though all but one of the systems have dual Radeon 4850s and the Phenom II and Athlon II each have triple 4850s. I lock the FPS at 30 and things stabilize otherwise the FPS is all over the map. The I7s seem to never drop below 60 FPS in that game with similar graphic setups as the AMD systems. (Dual 4890s or 1 GTX 460 overclocked to 800/1600)

Dragon Age Origins is another game where in my case none of the AMD systems can sustain 60 FPS throughout the entire experience. I did stuff like disable FSAA and the result is largely the same. Something other than the GPU is bottlenecking the system. Sometimes it is great but man especially sections like just arriving at Ostagar drop into the 20s where the I7s just stay fast. It is ridiculous just how much better the I7 platform is starting to handle the latest games.

I don't want this thread to be an AMD vs Intel Thread. I want this discussion to be a serious investigation of real world gaming experiences with the latest AMD processors or at least modern AMD processors where we figure out which games seem to just hate your AMD processor. I tracked performance using FRAPS. I am anal so I have it running on my screen pretty much all the time. I have found 2 AMD haters in Ghostbusters and Dragon Age Origins. What else is out there?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
If you play games, you want i7. That fact is old, old news, since i7 launched. Lots of people thought maybe Phenom2 would fix this(myself included), but overtime ,this has proven to not be the case...unless you want to overclock.

What's not old news is the exact reason why...but I personally am investigating what's causing the "cpu bottlenecks" many users are seeing, myself included.

For some reason, it seems i7 can get more data to the gpus. And then, when the cpu is not the bottleneck, and the gpu is, Microstutter is introduced, and we now have a very quantifiable way of measuring Microstutter.

It's Lose-Lose...and I have no more to say on this subject until I can generate more data. rather than guess, I'll let the numbers do the talking.

System Name 4k
Processor AMD 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG b550m Mortar Wifi
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 bl8g36c16u4b.m8fe1
Video Card(s) Nvidia Reference 3080Ti
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) LG 48" C1
Case CORSAIR Carbide AIR 240 Micro-ATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W
Software Microsoft Windows10 Pro x64
If you play games, you want i7. That fact is old, old news, since i7 launched. Lots of people thought maybe Phenom2 would fix this(myself included), but overtime ,this has proven to not be the case...unless you want to overclock.

He is 100% correct but a simple overclock on the phenom 2 or thurban can equal if not outperform a i7 in gaming; its all about the Northbridge overclock. Here is a half motherboard, half thurban review from Anandtech click. Its a mysery why AMD didnt set the stock CPU-NB to 2.4 or 2.6ghz.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

What's not old news is the exact reason why...but I personally am investigating what's causing the "cpu bottlenecks" many users are seeing, myself included.

For some reason, it seems i7 can get more data to the gpus. And then, when the cpu is not the bottleneck, and the gpu is, Microstutter is introduced, and we now have a very quantifiable way of measuring Microstutter.

It's Lose-Lose...and I have no more to say on this subject until I can generate more data. rather than guess, I'll let the numbers do the talking.

My mind cannot process that level of bullshit.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
He is 100% correct but a simple overclock on the phenom 2 or thurban can equal if not outperform a i7 in gaming; its all about the Northbridge overclock. Here is a half motherboard, half thurban review from Anandtech click. Its a mysery why AMD didnt set the stock CPU-NB to 2.4 or 2.6ghz.

I am stil ltesting, but it seems the i7 overclocked still beats out AMD. i7 costs more, so to me, it's no big deal...you get what you pay for.

Again, MM, i'll say this, you are trolling. Either post data that refutes it, or get out. Even Mussels and erocker agree cpu is the bottleneck.

Crossfired 5850's Issue

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

The scaling on my system was much better than the member in the CrossFire problem thread. I think it was more than a problem with CPU bandwith. I really should of tried running CrossFire with my CPU at stock to further the investigation.

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

I'm in total agreement with TheMailMan78. Considering the fact that I own a rather old Phenom II (first tri-core) and I can still play ALL games I throw at it smoothly (ok, maybe not the solid 60 the OP was after, but still smooth) I call bullshit as well.

To make such a broad sweeping statement as you just did requires you to prove that Phenom II or any AMD chips can't handle games at all, which I'm sure most AMD users on this forum can attest otherwise.

(oh, and up until recently, I haven't been overclocked)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Strange as I run almost all games at very high frame rates.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_vs_intel_-_the_gaming_sweetspot/3

This and other tests show the 965BE on par with a common i7 chip using the same GPU, the i7 does have more system memory, and more bandwidth available.

That was before the driver change(Oct, 2009). Those numbers do not reflect perforamcne since the change @ driver level, when performance profiles were introduced as a seperate part of the driver.

DarkNova, I am currently generating performance numbers for about 300 games, and when I post the numbers, you can judge for yourself. I have been finding that anything over 5870 levels is a bit bottlenecked...I'm eager to see how the high-end 6-series performs, just because of this. AMd drivers currently have an issue keeping more than 1600 shaders loaded.

System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
I want to make this opening statement as brief as possible. I have been an AMD user for a long time and I have several AMD systems with a variety of processors. 2 systems have Phenom X3 8750s, 1 has a Phenom 9600, 2 have Phenom X4 9850s, 1 has a Phenom II 920, and 1 has an Athlon II 635 quad core at 2.9 ghz.

I also have 2 systems with I7 920s. Now for a while I always thought that my I7 systems were overkill from a CPU standpoint but ever since Ghostbusters came out I am starting to notice HUGE differences in performance in real gameplay in newer games. In that game none of my AMD systems can stay at a solid 60 FPS even though all but one of the systems have dual Radeon 4850s and the Phenom II and Athlon II each have triple 4850s. I lock the FPS at 30 and things stabilize otherwise the FPS is all over the map. The I7s seem to never drop below 60 FPS in that game with similar graphic setups as the AMD systems. (Dual 4890s or 1 GTX 460 overclocked to 800/1600)

Dragon Age Origins is another game where in my case none of the AMD systems can sustain 60 FPS throughout the entire experience. I did stuff like disable FSAA and the result is largely the same. Something other than the GPU is bottlenecking the system. Sometimes it is great but man especially sections like just arriving at Ostagar drop into the 20s where the I7s just stay fast. It is ridiculous just how much better the I7 platform is starting to handle the latest games.

I don't want this thread to be an AMD vs Intel Thread. I want this discussion to be a serious investigation of real world gaming experiences with the latest AMD processors or at least modern AMD processors where we figure out which games seem to just hate your AMD processor. I tracked performance using FRAPS. I am anal so I have it running on my screen pretty much all the time. I have found 2 AMD haters in Ghostbusters and Dragon Age Origins. What else is out there?

Just curious, did you try disabling Cool 'n' Quiet and running all the chips at full speed? If the frames drop drastically that might be the culprit.

Also if you can put those 4890s in CF on the AMD 920 machine and put the 4850 CF in the I7 machine and see if the issue is still there.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
The scaling on my system was much better than the member in the CrossFire problem thread. I think it was more than a problem with CPU bandwith. I really should of tried running CrossFire with my CPU at stock to further the investigation.

he was running 775, you on AMD, so not exactly the same platform...that has to be considered as well.

I can't make any real conclusions as to what exactly the bottleneck is, but it does seem cpu-related. Once I've got all the data, I can then start to filter it and see what shows up. I currently think it may be L3, or NB-PCI-E, hard to tell when NB speed increases also affect L3.

Really, I just want to be able to make accurate recommendations as to what specs are needed when putting systems together, also keeping resolution in mind.

In the end, I will also be testing dual, tri, and hexacore cpus, to see if they have any impact. But with that all said, it's going to take LOTS of work....more than any review does, benching so many apps and different configs...i7 will be included. It's going to take several months, maybe, adn by that point, 6-series should be here, so I can jsut add them into the mix, and we can see how things have changed.

I also have ordered HD5830x3, to see how shader count affects that scaling. It's too bad you are getting rid of Crossfire, as your numbers could validate, or deny my own.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Man, i can just feel this thread getting locked not to long from now.

And it's not a matter of 'omg i has an AMD cpu im gonna get low frames!!!1', there are so many things that factor into how may frames you'll get in a game. i7's perform better then the majority of AMD CPU's currently out and that's a fact, anyone who tells you otherwise is either full of shit or a fanboy. AMD CPU's are great gaming CPU's and can get the job done most of the time, so they perform as good an Intels current platform?, no... but if you go with AMD are you going to be seeing below 60 frames in most to every game?, no, that's a load of shit (unless you're running an older system.)

Some games are more CPU depended and some are more GPU dependent, some game use more RAM, some games take more space on a HDD. You see how every game can differ?, it's just a matter of what your system can push out in those departments if needed by the game. i7's have the advantage of HT and more memory bandwidth, have you thought that that could be why?, i7's have a better architecture overall, have you thought that that could be why?.

It's nonsensical and frankly retarded for anyone to think that somehow there low frames in games is contributed automatically to whether or not they have an Intel or AMD CPU.(not directed towards you robert the rambler) But hey, maybe that's just me.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
If people can keep thier emotions in check, there will be no lock. Personally, for me, the difference in tech between AMD and Intel are pretty huge...and raw FPS numbers don't tell the entire story.

I don't care who's better...but I'll test and see what the numbers say, and make conclusions based on that. All I can truly say at this point is that stock AMD NB is not enough for more than a single 1600 shader gpu. 3x 4850...2400 shaders...there's gonna be issues there.

System Name Corsair 800D
Processor AMD 1090T Black edition
Motherboard Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling EK 360 XT / XSPC 750 RES-pump / XSPC RASA /
Memory 4gb Dominator GT Hypers(6-7-6-18) @ 1700mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 6990 / MSI OC GTX570
Storage OCZ VII 240 + 2 x 1gb Samsung Spinpoint F3s
Display(s) Hannspree 28" 1920 x 1200
Case Corsair 800D
Audio Device(s) Xi-Fi
Power Supply Corsair TX950
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Maybe im a little different But my 1090T is perfectly fine in any game giving well over 60FPS on avaerage (cept Metro 2033 with ADV DOF on - but that to me is poor optimisation)

Not disputing the above but ive not once had a single problem (but then again my chip is a 6 core and more near the price of an i7)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Maybe im a little different But my 1090T is perfectly fine in any game giving well over 60FPS on avaerage (cept Metro 2033 with ADV DOF on - but that to me is poor optimisation)

Not disputing the above but ive not once had a single problem (but then again my chip is a 6 core and more near the price of an i7)

It not as simple as CDdude says..each app is going to be a bit different, and you really need to account for what vgas are in the system, as well as other variables.

these bottlenecks are very obvious once you get into 4x vgas...W1zzard's review reflects this as well..even i7 isn't capable of fully pushing that much gpu grunt...scaling is horrible.

But, myself, I'm not exactly sure where the bottleneck is...both AMD and Intel are affected, once the number of gpus increases. It just seems Intel has a slight advantage before that limit is hit...and it not "blowing AMD out of the water" differences, either.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
If people can keep thier emotions in check, there will be no lock. Personally, for me, the difference in tech between AMD and Intel are pretty huge...and raw FPS numbers don't tell the entire story.

I don't care who's better...but I'll test and see what the numbers say, and make conclusions based on that. All I can truly say at this point is that stock AMD NB is not enough for more than a single 1600 shader gpu. 3x 4850...2400 shaders...there's gonna be issues there.

Why not over-clock northbridge then?

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70

I'm not sure how well 3x4850's scale, but that could be a factor. And it could as well be that the AMD CPU can't handle all that GPU power, so i agree.

I suggest he tries some other games and to see what's what. But it shouldn't be surprising that an i7 is outperforming a Phenom II in in the majority of games.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
It not as simple as CDdude says..each app is going to be a bit different, and you really need to account for what vgas are in the system, as well as other variables.

That's exactly what i was saying in that post.

There's tons of different factors that contribute to whether a game plays well on a system or doesn't.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Why not over-clock northbridge then?

Yeah, that seems to have a LARGE impact at this point...but rather than just getting the performacne I need...what interests me is WHY that boost is needed. And liek I said..NB increase also affects L3 cache speed..so it's ahrd to say what's really the issue here...

I'm not sure how well 3x4850's scale, but that could be a factor. And it could as well be that the AMD CPU can't handle all that GPU power, so i agree.

I suggest he tries some other games and to see what's what. But it shouldn't be surprising that an i7 is outperforming a Phenom II in in the majority of games.

Like I've said, it's far to early for me to make any definate conclusions. I'm testing every game I own...I'm sure for many, there will be no difference...

Also, Microstutter is becoming more important, it seems. Even single-gpu set-ups are getting affected, when gpu is @ 100% load. So just because you get higher FPS, doesn't mean your gameplay expereince is going to be better...

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Well it sounds like its nothing to do with the CPUS, and more to do with the North-bridge then.

Try over-clock north-bridge and lower the multi ( aim for stock frequency of course) to see if you get get better performance, that be the way to test if it is cpu or north-bridge for certain.

I've never noticed this problem as I always over-clock and never use up the multi to do it, I change FSB.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
Yeah, that seems to have a LARGE impact at this point...but rather than just getting the performacne I need...what interests me is WHY that boost is needed. And liek I said..NB increase also affects L3 cache speed..so it's ahrd to say what's really the issue here...

Like I've said, it's far to early for me to make any definate conclusions. I'm testing every game I own...I'm sure for many, there will be no difference...

Also, Microstutter is becoming more important, it seems. Even single-gpu set-ups are getting affected, when gpu is @ 100% load. So just because you get higher FPS, doesn't mean your gameplay expereince is going to be better...

Well keep testing and report back with some good info if ya can.:)

And also, yes microstutter does affect performance... but you can still generally see a bump in performance with better hardware. Considering the microstuttering isn't to bad.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Well it sounds like its nothing to do with the CPUS, and more to do with the North-bridge then.

I am refering to CPU-NB, part of the cpu. It might not be the cpu cores themselves...might be memory-pci-e bandwidth, might jsut be L3 speed...

Anyway, I know how to get better performance, and that's not what the issue is for me...I want to identify the blottleneck specifically, as hard as that may be. Just satisfying curiosity...plus...I do not feel that people should be forced to overclock, thereby invalidating warranties, just to make proper use of vga products.

you know, relaly, if I can generate enough hard, irrefutable data, I can then take it to court. Wouldn't you love it if we could force OEMs to warranty overclocks?:laugh:

(BTW, I'm just being silly with that last bit. I would like companies to give out specific system requirements in order to use specific technologies, though.).

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
cadaveca if u want some extra performance numbers on some games let me know :) ive got quite a few games not 300 + but i got some titles and can probably compare notes on performance send me a PM if you want a hand and ill list out what games i can test

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
I believe the root of this issue is AMDs desire to maintain backwards compatibility. Hopefully AM3+ will really contribute the the performance gain of bulldozer. Also for those in doubt; massive game difference - http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=147

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I'm going to step in and say it here, if you are playing any modern games, even 3x 4850's isn't going to be enough to hold 60fps as your minimum. Despite what your processor is, thats just not enough GPU power there. And thats for good looking games, great looking games, and even newer cards just aren't going to hold a game above 60fps constantly, the minimum is always going to be lower than 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.