• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are Improving Integrated Graphics Slowly Killing Off Discrete Graphics Cards?

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
I really hope it is kept in comments and feeback cause I for one am sick to death of seeing posts constantly crapped in and derailed, more specifically posts from said news poster. To be honest I see it a lot from the same group of regular members which amounts to no more than bullying imo. And people seem to overlook all of these news threads/editorials are normally sourced elsewhere but still feel the need to attack the OP time and time again, it's out of order and I for one am starting to get a little annoyed at it all.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Okay, now let's keep on topic. :)

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
The only player here to get hurt is Nvida . Amd makes money either way its still there gpu in fact its cheaper for them to have it on die.

Intel only gains from having better IGPs.

Since Nvidia does not have cpu's they are the losers here on the lowend market.

Playing a game with an engine from 5+years ago does not mean they are good.

IGP will surpass discrete when and only when...IGPs can play modern current titles at high detail right out of the box. This means for AMD, pair your APUs with high mid range GPUs minimum. Then for Intel this means...just give up, you'll never be able to produce GPUs of this caliber. You are a good CPU maker but you lack the ability to make GPUs.

What intel does haves though is resources i.e. money. A few phone calls and an email or two (yeah i know its more than that easy ) intel acquires/partners nvidia stir mix and in a few years they're stomping as usual. Its just me but i still see the ipads as toys and dont consider them for computing(gonna buy one though to see for myself) I do however realize this is where everything is headed (low power& mobile). Who know one day we might be gaming on 3D eyefinity Ipads with holographic screens :laugh:....i might need to patent that.

Processor Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
Motherboard ASUS P5Q DELUXE
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900A
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR2-1066
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 4870 512MB
Storage 2x WD 500GB 32MB cache
Display(s) Benq V2400W 24"
Case Cooler Master 690
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Power Supply Cooler Master 550W
Software Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Benchmarking is for people with OCD.
Integrated graphics cards are and will always be terrible. /thread

Are we talking IGPs as in what's in PS3 and 360? ;) Cuz those are extremely popular, successful and capable IGPs.

IGPs on computers serve 90% of computer users. If somebody wants an upgrade, it's because 1) 3D gamer enthusiast 2) professional graphics software 3) need more/different output options. But really most computer users only need their graphics processor to be able to run the OS GUI.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
What intel does haves though is resources i.e. money. A few phone calls and an email or two (yeah i know its more than that easy ) intel acquires/partners nvidia stir mix and in a few years they're stomping as usual. Its just me but i still see the ipads as toys and dont consider them for computing(gonna buy one though to see for myself) I do however realize this is where everything is headed (low power& mobile). Who know one day we might be gaming on 3D eyefinity Ipads with holographic screens :laugh:....i might need to patent that.

I actually agree with a part of your post and think it wouldn't be wholly unrealistic that Intel and NVIDIA partner and come up with an APU that rivals and aims to surpass that of AMD, seems very logical infact.

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
It's not the improved IGPs that are killing off discrete graphics cards. It's the game developers, publishers and the general trend of making games for mobile platforms.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
But you've missed the crucial difference: it's not integrated into the CPU, but in the chipset. Putting it in the CPU changes the dynamics considerably, as you can see.
Integrated Graphics, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit#Integrated_graphics_solutions
basicly graphics built into something that it shares die space and main memory with

The HD 3200 aka 780G was the first chipset to allow you to play Blu-ray on the pc in hardware, it was the first that also had the best 3d performance, intel igps was horrible at the time
http://techreport.com/articles.x/14261/8
http://www.techspot.com/review/233-intel-core-i5-661/page13.html

AMD HD 3200 can't even run The Sims 3: Pets without crashing the game so, no. They work for the casual gamer but not the mainstream gamers.
intel graphics wont run it and many many many other games too, and that amd do update their drivers on a monthly cycle dooh

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
It's not the improved IGPs that are killing off discrete graphics cards. It's the game developers, publishers and the general trend of making games for mobile platforms.

In the final analysis, they're all businesses with no emotional/sentimental ties whose goal is to make a profit.They go where the money is. From pc to ps3 to smartphones etc. etc.Just as music went from record & tape to cd and then to digital; its evolve or extinction in the quest for the mighty dollar.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
When IGP hits 6670 levels then they need to worry. Hell even 4670. You can play Crysis reasonably well on one of those, and unreal games pretty effortlessly. This is a double edged problem because of stagnating graphics. Every other game still uses the unreal engine and crysis is still about the toughest to run game you'll come across.

System Name ICE
Processor AMD 1090t
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Thermaltake MaxORB EX
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4Gb DDR3@1866
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX670 OC
Storage SSD 128Gb Samsung 840 pro + 2x500Gb sata HDD
Display(s) Samsung 2233RZ@120Hz
Case CM Storm Enforcer
Power Supply Corsair AX760 80Platinum
Software Win 7 - 64 bit
I think many of you are mistaking piss poor code optimizations for the need of a discrete GFX card.
You're being ripped off and most of you don't realize it.

Yes, that sounds very possible. I don't think anyone expects a modern game like BF3 to run properly on an IGP, regardless of code optimisation, but I believe your point is still valid.

I remember when I posted some benchmarks on here some time back showing 30-40% losses in framerates when going from XP to Vista or 7, how I got flamed for it by all those in denial. I can never understand why ordinary people like you and me, defend the big corps who are screwing us all, over the messenger that highlights these problems. :shadedshu

that's exactly how I think about it.

It all depends on the software (game engines in this case). And it has some logic to it as well:

the need of high end graphic card/s (more then one) relays within the need to render at it's maximum visual potential a certain videogame, so basicaly it's engine...this greed of power is determined by the achitecture of the engine itself...

...the turning point is, do you continue making more hungry power engines or do you make more efficient ones? IMHO I think efficiency is the winner card...if you could make a game engine that can match the visual impact of the highend ones but with less computational demand, you wouldn't really need high-end graphics, now would you?

Sounds almost to good to be true...and how could you achieve that?

I would like to know as well but...seems to me that some people out there are already way down that path:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sfWYUgxGBE

...it's just a matter of time ;)

In the final analysis, they're all businesses with no emotional/sentimental ties whose goal is to make a profit.They go where the money is. From pc to ps3 to smartphones etc. etc.Just as music went from record & tape to cd and then to digital; its evolve or extinction in the quest for the mighty dollar.

true...but isn't that the overall tendency of todays industries (not just videogame companies)? The quality of a product is just one the major consequences of COMPETITION.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
If IGP ever has a chance of replacing low end desktop parts(They will NEVER replace mid or high end) then AMD has to do it, intels drivers are terrible and intel has always been terrible at driver support of their IGP's and I don't see that changing soon.

IGP really threatens the market for oem's who want to sell their parts to company's like dell and hp on their budget pc's though, theres no point for it really since most IGP's now and handle HD video flawlessly,(I remember buying a extra card just for video not even 5 years ago because thats how bad the Integrated was but times have changed)

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
..... IGP HA thats not going to scare Discrete Graphics Cards. They are need in to many things medical, entertainment, TV producing.

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
No:

Why?

Because any company dumping huge loads of money on discrete Graphics Cards is going to make sure they have a market and a product to fit that market reasonably.

Short example:
Any MP3 device, up to 120gb of storage ect ect..
Hard-drive, up to 2-3terabytes of storage.

MP3 is used for multiple productive decisions daily.
Hard-drive's have 1 use, store memory, and store some more memory.

On-board gpu, shares space and is designed inside of a multiple productive design USE for the user.
Discrete gpu, designed for ONE(1) use, to process any graphical output that needs to be displayed.

When someone design's either of those products they will think about different usage scenarios there for resulting in a overall difference in performance in different scenarios guarantied BASED ON PRIORITY'S.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
But you've missed the crucial difference: it's not integrated into the CPU, but in the chipset. Putting it in the CPU changes the dynamics considerably, as you can see.

Irrelevant. Different dynamics of course, but you said integrated graphics, which is a term which until very recently meant motherboard graphics and now means CPU or MOBO.

ATi or nVidia were the ones who started making integrated GPUs capable of playing low-end games for low-end to casual users. AMD's 780G was the first one to be able to play some of the higher-end games of the day, albeit at a reduced resolution and detail setting, which the casual gamers don't mind as much as us enthusiats (casual gamer's preference from personal experience with those people)

IIRC It was in AMD's roadmap to integrate graphics into the processor long before Intel announced any such thing. Intel just delivered fourty dumptrucks full of gold bullion to their R&D department and beat AMD to the punch. Even if intel was planning to do it before AMD released information about it, they never announced anything. So you could say that Intel delivered on AMDs roadmap before AMD could, with a weaker graphics core. (My google-fu is failing me on this, so I'm going by memory and hence willing to concede this point to anybody who can prove otherwise)

Even ignoring motherboard graphics, it's only because Intel's integrated graphics started out so damn laughably weak (whether speaking of chipset or processor based) that the current upgrades look good, AMD's graphics have already been at the same level as Intel is "Upgrading to" since they came out. (adjusting for release date and technology improvements, of course. I'm not implying that 780G or AMD's low-end APUs are a match for current integrated, just it's in the same class)

Oh, BTW, quoting marketing fluff like 4Kx4K res support is meaningless. Even today's single-chip enthusiast-class graphics cards would be reduced to a slideshow at that res for anything beyond 2d productivity apps. Intel could claim res all they want, until I see a video recorded at that res playing back fluidly with at least (minimum fps, with no drops below) 24fps on a 4K screen without discrete graphics, I call bullshit. It's like claiming a chevy s-10 can reach 300mph*

*when dropped out of an airplane, with an aerodynamically designed outer shell surrounding it

(wow that whole thing came off a lot more harsh sounding than I meant it to... Oh well, this note's here to point out the fact it wasn't meant to)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
of course sales are down, if you released motherboards without an IGP in the past, then a video card was needed to make it work - namely, low end discrete cards.

nowadays, everything has onboard video - even mid and high range products.

the IGP isnt killing off discrete cards, its killing off ENTRY level discrete cards.

bika08

the low end GPUs will be history in the near future.

There is no problem in this: AMD eat into sales not of their own only but from all the market and i think the low end GPUs will be history in the near future.
what about the high end GPUs, there is no way that any company manufacturer GPUs in the world makes the high end GPUs is embedded

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
There is no problem in this: AMD eat into sales not of their own only but from all the market and i think the low end GPUs will be history in the near future.
what about the high end GPUs, there is no way that any company manufacturer GPUs in the world makes the high end GPUs is embedded

If they could price it at, say, 2/3 of cpu+gpu $, why not? :)

CyberDruid

System Name Shop Dog
Processor E8400
Motherboard Asus Blitz Formula SE
Cooling d-Tek FuZion
Memory 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 G Skill
Video Card(s) EVGA 7900 GTX
Storage 150GB VelociRaptor
Display(s) Acer 21.5 1080p LED Back Lit Monitor
Case Working on it
Audio Device(s) PCI SoundMax
Power Supply Silverstone 750 Modular
Software XP Pro SP2
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 11.56s 1M at 4050mhz
PC enthusiasts are not the largest market share. IGP is going to meet the needs of the 99% that we are not part of.

bika08

If they could price it at, say, 2/3 of cpu+gpu $, why not?
and i think this time is coming soon, wait for AMD Tranity ;) Llano the 1st gen is awesome in its performance

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Todays integrated HD Graphics are not your fathers graphics:rockout:

I was skeptical until I tried it. My i3 does everything except DTS-HD passthrough. It will do 1080P and DTS, Dolby Digital without a hick up. To beat it you have to go with a 5650 or 430 or above.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
i dont think so, even the integrated vga goes better it wont kill dedicated graphic card. the newer development just lift integrated vga into a better position
dedicated vga is better if you wanna something better (like performance) over the integrated that made for all around needs

D

Deleted member 67555

Uhm I don't think IGP is likely to kill off low to mid level GFX cards when those cards are easily used to increase the IGP by 50% at the lowest cost.... If anything I think we've already seen the effects to high level GFX cards....Anyone remember the price of an 8800 or a 2900xt compared to the price of a 570 or a 6970......
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/HD_2900_XT/
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/

I think with improving IGP's and better mobile devices "The enthusiast market" is diminishing
I think both AMD and Nvidia are both already heading away from monster card market specially when most games are heading for cross market sales.

I look forward to the return of a PC without the need of an overpriced overpowered GFX solution....I think the problem is many of you weren't around before you "needed" a discrete GFX solution.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Uhm I don't think IGP is likely to kill off low to mid level GFX cards when those cards are easily used to increase the IGP by 50% at the lowest cost.... If anything I think we've already seen the effects to high level GFX cards....Anyone remember the price of an 8800 or a 2900xt compared to the price of a 570 or a 6970......
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/HD_2900_XT/
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/

I think with improving IGP's and better mobile devices "The enthusiast market" is diminishing
I think both AMD and Nvidia are both already heading away from monster card market specially when most games are heading for cross market sales.

I look forward to the return of a PC without the need of an overpriced overpowered GFX solution....I think the problem is many of you weren't around before you "needed" a discrete GFX solution.

You can't say that here! :eek: :cry:

Yes, what you said matches the fact that nvidia will be releasing low end cards first for their next gen, which is opposite to what used to happen. Sad, but true. :(