• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are these settings ''good''?

Glendek

Greetings.

I would like to further improve on my temperatures and overall perfomance of my Lenovo Legion y540-15irh laptop.

Laptop specs:
i7 9750h
gtx 1660ti
16gb ram
256gb samsung sdd
1tb hdd

I'm going to repaste it soon enough since it's been 2 years since I've bought the laptop, however I fiddled a bit with the program, and so far this is what I have:

Usually the indicators are ''EDP Other'' and ''Thermal' when getting on temperatures around 90c (sometimes PL2 as well).

EDIT: I reapplied thermal paste on my CPU (I've used MX4 paste) and the temperatures are very good now (around 80c max at 3.5ghz locked).

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Keep an eye on your temperatures for a week or two. Some people have problems long term when using MX-4 on mobile CPUs. MX-4 seems to work better when there is a heat spreader over top of the cores like desktop CPUs use.

Glendek

Keep an eye on your temperatures for a week or two. Some people have problems long term when using MX-4 on mobile CPUs. MX-4 seems to work better when there is a heat spreader over top of the cores like desktop CPUs use.

Will do!

By the way your program is amazing, kudos to you! :p

Also, could you perhaps recommend something regarding my settings in Throttlestop?

I haven't messed that much with LongPower PL1 and PL2, if you think I can squeeze out more perfomance out of it.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
you think I can squeeze out more performance out of it.
You can try increasing the PL1 and PL2 turbo power limits but this will create more heat. If the power limits you are using now are not causing any power limit throttling then increasing the power limits will not make any difference. Show me a ThrottleStop log file. Play a game for at least 15 minutes so I can see if there are any issues. Also post a screenshot of the TPL window.