1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Article on hacking usb devices

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by JunkBear, Jul 31, 2014.

1. JunkBear

JunkBear

Thanks Received:
    sttubs and Sasqui say thanks.
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Yet another venue for threats and espionage. I'm sure it's been exploited for some time now.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. JunkBear

JunkBear

Thanks Received:
    Slow down your usb drive by formatting in Fat or Fat32. I would like to see the NSA with their hyper powerful spy system trying to hack into a 56k modem line and try download the computer stuff. :p

sttubs says thanks.
  4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    So does this require actual contact with the device? I would assume so. It's an STD!

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    ok so what i read from that is .. my virus scanner is now going to take 45 seconds longer to run a full scan because they will add firmware scan feature..
    and then i have to go all warm about the false positives that will probably end up with me needing to firmware flash my hard disk and lose all my data because the virus scanner thought it would just clean it up for me.
    Whoo

6. JunkBear

JunkBear

Thanks Received:
    I don't think there willbe firmware stuff for a while but I guess it will probably work like HDtune that scans the S.M.A.R.T. function of a disk to see if there is a failure but litteraly speaking it will not scan a firmware itself but probably from now on they will maybe implant a SMART too inside usb keys and other devices. Seriously i think they did the same shit long time ago with the UUID inside cpu's that give them chance to identifu at distance a computer. Now they put on usb key.