• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Artifacts with X800 XT

dodger42

Hey all,

I have an x800 XT (AGP) in running on a 3GHz HP computer (nothing special), but I get some pretty crazy artifacts eve n in windows. It seems most common when the temp is up. I ran ATI Tool a few times for the artifact scan, but although the screen is freakin out all over the place, the tool doesn't seem to detect artifacts. I run an Apple 23" LCD running through a DVI port. Haven't got anything else to test the monitor.

I tried lowering the core and mem speeds on the video card to the lowest ati tool allowed (core 510, mem 540), but i still get artifacts particularly in games. Rarely have an issue unless there is 3d running somewhere.

Anybody got any suggestions... I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

thx

Christer

Processor AMD San Diego 4000
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Vapochill and 6 fans
Memory 1GB Platinum XMS at 225mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward 7800GTX
Storage total ca. 600GB
Display(s) Acer 19"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) Creative
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker 465W
Software XP Pro
Maybe the HS on the card is faulty/not fitted correctly? What kind of temps?

I have an X800Pro that I have been doing some OC'ing with. As you onow the core runs at only 475 on mine, but I got it to 540 with ATI Tool before the card stopped taking instructions...the temp rose to 73degC as well. As I understand it, the temps are very important hence my suggestion. Maybe you could RMA it in any case unless you are thinking of using a VGA cooler in anyway?

A

ADV4NCED

Dodger, what are your stock speeds for your card? I thought they would be 500 core/500 mem ? If im right about the speeds, then your card is oced by 10 on the core and 40 on the mem.

dodger42

Actually, its a Platinum Edition. Even when it is running around 50 degrees in ATI Tool, I get the artifacts. Is there any possibility it could be PSU related? I'm ordering an ATI Silencer today. What should I get for an Intel P4 cooler?

Thanks heaps for responses.

A

ADV4NCED

Dont think it will be psu related and it probably wont have anything to with drivers (but maybe try out some diff drivers see if that helps). Have u ever bumped your 3d card or maybe scratched the mem chips or something like that perhaps?

About the P4 cooler. I've had 3 p4 coolers before, a stock intel, thermaltake and the zalman cooler I have now and in conclusion, from now on I will only buy Zalman Coolers because they're extremly quiet and there performance is better than any other coolers I've seen.

Dark-Angel-666

Please help me to get my 4 pixelpips free

Hi folks i've a sapphire x800pro and dont get my 4 pixelpips free.
I use the ati flash exe but see every time adapter 0 not found and by bois no change.
So please tell me how i can get my 4 pixelpips free