• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock P43Twins1600

Rougespear

Hello there,

First time builder here - I'm not a gamer but I do like to play Trainz Railroad Simulator and I do alot of CAD work. I'm currently searching for a motherboard, and I'm having a tough time narrowing it down to something I like, that will work reliably. I have an Intel Duo Core E7300 cpu, and I'm looking for a board compatiable with this cpu, able to use an IDE hard drive, and which has four memory slots for DDR2 RAM. I was also considering the need of a PCI2.0 slot, but it doesn't seem to really be that big of a deal using the PCI Express x16 slot. Other than that, I really don't care what the board has - but it DOES HAVE to be able to do stable overclocking. (I'd like to play around a little bit in the future because apparently the E7300 is a great overclocker)

That being said, I'd like to keep the budget below $90 USD for the motherboard. I was looking at the Asrock P43Twins1600 board; it seems to meet all my requirements. Now I can't really seem to find any reviews short of the ones at Newegg, so I'm wondering if people think this is an okay budget board? I realize it's not top of the line and that some people seem to hate "AssRock" but I've never used their boards before, so I'm not going to judge them yet.

As far as product loyalties go, I couldn't care less, so please let me know any suggestions you may have. Thanks so much!

Brent