1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asrock P55 Pro Overclocking/Over-Volt Protection Help

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Thrall, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Thrall New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I'm going to be recieing my Asrock P55 Pro from newegg today (after the first one was DOA :mad:) and I'd love if my fellow P55 Pro owners could help me with the overclocking settings after I'm sure this board is stable. I have a 500w thermaltake tr2 psu, and core i5 750, and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 with some Arctic Cooling MX-2 applied. My goal is to reach a stable 4ghz overclock without blowing any of the capacitors that Tom's Hardware did in their tests. I understand that my experince may vary from yours but I'd like to get a good feel for what the voltages should be and what settings turn on/off. From what i've found already i'll want to do the following:

Turn off turbo boost
    set vcore voltage to less the 1.4v (as said before with blown capacitors)
    turn off all power saving features
    turn off any spread spectrum
    turn off vdrop

I'd love to hear your opinions on this! Also, if you're tried higher vcore voltages with the new bios that enables over-volt protection i'd like to hear about that too! Thanks in advance for your help!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Thrall New Member

Thanks Received:
    *note* i'm not sure if this is more of an "motherboard" thread or a "overclocking one.

10 Year Member at TPU