• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara

I usually buy boards in the $350-450 usd range on these new boards it's now the $500-700 usd range apparently.

I like the Aorus Xtreme at $699 so if I do jump on am5 at some point it'll probably be what I grab.

This Taichi board seems pretty nice though so definitely would consider it.

I guess as long as the AM5 board doesn't cost more than both my AM4 boards combined I'm ok with that. :laugh:
What disappointed me so much was how GB butchered the x670E Aorus Master hardware, and jacked up the price by $170 over the $360 I paid for the x570 Aorus Master! It was so bad that it even appears GB removed the standard Clear CMOS button from the backplate...! Unreal--going backwards and raising the price. I will never open a case to short a CCMOS jumper ever again. Additionally, They left off the hardware DAC and the Headphone Amp that gave x570 Master the best headphone sound I have ever heard (Coupled with the standard RealTek 1220-VB)! For the AM5 Master it's just the RealTek 1220-VB all by itself. There were a couple of other things stripped out of the $500 x670E Aorus Master that were present and accounted for in the $360 x570 Aorus Master. They dropped one of the LAN ports from the AM5. Crazy. Just nuts.

I agree with you about the Xtreme! It's the best now offered by GB for AM5--but the kicker is that I now have to pay $700+ for the exact same features I got for $360 in my fantastic x570 Aorus Master on the first day of availability in 2019! Double the price in AM5 for the identical feature set! (Pretty close, anyway.) What made the GB Aorus Master such a great deal in 2019--noticed by everyone--has been stripped from the 2022 AM5 Aorus Master.

My x570 Master is still running strong today! Great system for the last 3.5 years, no question. And I'm thinking of just buying a GB Master x570s (if I can find one), and a 5800X3D & some really fast DDR4 and shoving the old Master in the wife's direction. Because I still cannot decide if AM5 is worth the bump!

Although...if the AM5 X3D's run like I think they will, I'll be going AMD5 for certain in '23....;)

ir_cow

Staff member
AsRock has posted BIOS update 1.14.AS06 (BETA) which updates AGESA. (12-16-2022)

After selecting memory profile in BIOS, it updates speeds and timing in BIOS where it did not previously. Speed had to be updated manually.

ASRock > X670E Taichi
Nice! yeah, it was weird that it would only show up after a reboot. I didn't need to manually enter anything though. Glad that bug is fixed. Trips people up when it doesn't look like the settings are applied.

Time to update the MB and re-bench and see what changed. Maybe check the memory support while I'm at it.

Last edited:
System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Nice! yeah, it was weird that it would only show up after a reboot. I didn't need to manually enter anything though. Glad that bug is fixed. Trips people up when it doesn't look like the settings are applied.

Time to update the MB and re-bench and see what changed. Maybe check the memory support while I'm at it.

Strangely enough, now it has been removed...

ASRock > X670E Taichi