1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

assassins creed for PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Braveheart, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    is it any good?

2. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    NO !!! I mean it`s O.K. if you can get used to the controls

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    It's good, I don't have any problem playing it with keyboards.

4. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought it was pretty lackluster. Pretty graphics, everything else was lacking in almost every way. Very, very, repetitive. I quit about halfway in and won't be returning. Perhaps I expected too much from it.......

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    mhm, would you say Gears of War is better?

6. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    It does repetitive. I thought he meant if it any good on PC. (Because it originally Xbox360 version)

7. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, by a large margin. Both are better on the 360 I from what I've heard, although I've only played the pc version of either. You can always get a 360 controller for the pc anyway and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference other than better graphics on the pc (that is depending on your screen situation). :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Ive played it for both Xbox and PC and they are more or less the same except the PC version has some mission information gathering differences. Other than that, they are the same. I thought it was a good game. Beat it a few times. Should also mention its a trilogy. Rumor has it the next one will be in Japan possibly as a ninja? Its what Ive heard anyway. Good story line, a lot of ppl complain that its the same thing through the whole game which it is, but its not like you can whip out a sniper rifle and take out your target from a few roof tops away. If you stop and think about it, what more could you expect from a game set in that time period?

9. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    More in depth combat system and more varied mission assignments. It sounded good to me, I love games like Prince of Persia, so I really expected to enjoy this (although it is very different, but similar time periods), but was severely disappointed. I thought the story was intriguing but never actually went anywhere, the combat system was simplistic and overly easy, and the missions and cities were so similar it was hard to even tell you were progressing. Still, I have hopes for the next two, it's a good start, it just needs to be extrapolated and made better imo. I feel like this one was rushed.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    so GoW over AC?

11. PP Mguire

PP Mguire

Thanks Received:
    I personaly didnt like GoW but loved AC. I say just try them both?

12. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, i dont want repetitive and i want a fairly short game (i dont like playing the same game for 2 months) so i am leaning towards GoW.

13. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    GoW is broken on the PC (way to many bugs), and it doesn't seem that Epic is planing to fix it (the seem more busy on 360, more specifically GoW2). Epic is letting UT3 for the pc to die.

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    CoD4, R6V2, BioShock,?

I guess they are working on a new UT game from what I am hearing.

16. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    do i have to have R6V1 first?

17. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    There are two types of Assassins Creed reviewers, the ones that love it, and the ones that hate it. I am one that loves it. Better than Gears IMO. I love the climbing, combat, graphics, missions, and story. After a while, the side missions get repetitive, but it's not like the game is 30 hours. I highly recommend it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    CoD4 is relatively short, and quite fun. I recommend it, if you don't already have it.

And no, you don't have to have R6V1 to have R6V2.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    The controls are fine, they just arnt standard. If you want to complain about crappy controls try Devil May Cry 4.

20. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    i already have CoD4 and i love it.

R6V is too pricey.

21. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    The controls were easy to master just takes some effort. As for the story it's ok fairly predictable, Gameplay was nice and when it came to climbing and a like it was easy and fun.

My main issue with he game was the side quests same thing over and over again basically this is were it said console the most to me or less and the silly flags you can pick up on the way haha.

In the end it was a nice game to play and get into some cool sticky situations lol. worth $20-$30 to me. You could tell they had put a lot of effort in to the graphics. Found it interesting enough to play to the end but for reply has not happened yet but thought about it.

I thought BIOSHOCK was a better game all though i did not like the graphics to it.

22. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    gets boring and the controls are piss easy all you do is press a button hey presto youve made a cartwheel into a somersault into a dive off a roof (yes slight exaggeration)

sure it would be harder to fight off enemies while trying to jump from building to building but its just way to easy in assassins creed, lovely graphics but its repetitive and has a really crap story i mean a guy who uses a machine to go into the past that his ancestor lived and find some mad treasure thing

what the hell is all the parts where you walk about when your not on the machine?

gears first time round was excellent then its fun to do co op once or twice then its repetitive always the same shit nothing changes each play through, still it has got COLE TRAIN!!!

assassins creed you dont even get half way through then it gets repetitive, its not like GTA where it can get away with repetitive missions because it has the story among other things

23. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    i like the tactical side of rainbow 6 vegas 2 and ghost recon advance warfighter 2

those games challenge you and each encounter can be taken any way you like, terrorist hunt is great too, it takes skill and you can get customisation for each encounter, for example you could take the front door with your team and spray and pray or take the side door let you lackeys go through the front while they distract you kill everyone and then get shoot by some random guy down a corridor you did not expect to be there

the AI could be improved in RB6V2 but its not overly stupid, sometimes itll do unexpected things like sneak up on you

24. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    mhm, well i have a little off beat question: my brother has R6V1 and it says "XP only" on the CD and case...but my brother only uses vista and i saw him playing it??

also, has anyone played alone in the dark?

25. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

GR and RvS were the best those newer ones are n were near as good. graphic wise they are but actual gameplay is no were near as good as there originals.

Games have gotten simple now thats why so many people fromt he GR community have either quit or move to Arma as it holds large combat possibility's and extremely modable. Allso there Arma 2 due out with in a year some say this year but...

Our group skipped GRAW as it was single and no were near as flexible as GR was.

Some games will run under Vista by default or with some tweaking. It's all so depends system to system too.

As for Alone in the Dark i played the older ones but thats it. There all right could not say any thing about the new one though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016