• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASTRO Gaming Introduces the A50 Wireless Gaming Headset

ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional gamers, and wholly owned subsidiary of Skullcandy, Inc., has launched the ASTRO A50 Wireless Gaming Headset, a professional-grade audio solution designed to provide gaming and home theater enthusiasts with an immersive experience free from the tangle of wires.

The ASTRO A50 Wireless Gaming Headset is professionally tuned for audiophile-level performance when gaming, watching movies or listening to music. It functions natively across all manner of entertainment devices including gaming consoles, PCs, Macs and home theater systems. ASTRO is also introducing ASTRO Audio Profiles with this product, which allows the user to optimize the listening experience for the subject matter and in the future will allow owners to create and share their own Profiles via a web interface.

"To improve the overall gaming experience and fully hear things as the game developers designed, you need a killer headset. ASTRO Gaming has been elevating expectations of what gamers expect from their audio since we introduced our A40 Pro Headset and MixAmp in 2008. Now after 4 years in the gaming arena, we've proven our products are unmatched in material quality, audio fidelity and innovation, and are used by pro and serious amateur gamers the world over," said Brett Lovelady, Founder of ASTRO Gaming. "The wireless ASTRO A50 was our next natural step to provide a more streamlined and integrated audio experience while maintaining our industry leading levels of comfort and quality - features which that will appeal to an entirely new audience of home entertainment and gaming enthusiasts."

The ASTRO A50 Wireless Gaming Headset is ASTRO Gaming's most technologically advanced product in its award-winning line of headsets, and features:

ASTRO Audio Experience - Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience with three custom EQ settings.
Multiplatform Home Entertainment Headset - Built for extended hours of movie watching, game playing and music listening, the ASTRO A50 matches superior fit and comfort with premium audio tuning for home theater, Xbox 360, PlayStation3, PC, Mac and more.
Built-in ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 - The ASTRO A50 puts the audio authority at your fingertips, with integrated wireless MixAmp 5.8 technology with embedded controls for Master Volume and Game-to-Voice balancing making all critical audio options available for on-the-fly adjustments.
KleerNet 5.8 GHz Wireless Technology - Operating at a higher frequency than most wireless devices, the ASTRO A50 provides clarity and range with less interference using the best 5.8 chipset available today. Point to Multipoint - pair multiple ASTRO A50 headsets with a single transmitter. Totally lossless and lag and compression free.
Dolby 7.1 and 5.1 Surround Sound - Hear the details you're missing with pinpoint spatial accuracy and crystal clear definition.
Embedded Battery & Display Stand - Lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB. Show-off and charge your ASTRO A50 on the included display stand.

The ASTRO A50 Wireless Gaming Headset is now available directly through ASTRO's website at www.astrogaming.com for $299.99. Additional ASTRO Gaming products can be found at select Best Buy and Microsoft Stores nationwide and online, as well as on Astro Gaming's website. For a list of participating Best Buy store locations carrying ASTRO Gaming gear, please visit http://www.astrogaming.com/blog/1681/astro-added-to-bestbuy-store-locations-online.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Cool, if you like wearing a helmet while you game.. Idk about you guys but headpahones make my ears hot after a while and just bug me in general to have on. Having these on would drive me nutz.. I do like the wireless though. Seem like a nice set for people who like the big headphones.

I really do not consider these that crazily large, although the A30s are super small compared to these and they put out excellent sound.

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
Cool, if you like wearing a helmet while you game.. Idk about you guys but headpahones make my ears hot after a while and just bug me in general to have on. Having these on would drive me nutz.. I do like the wireless though. Seem like a nice set for people who like the big headphones.

like this?

How about some wireless earbuds? Make those and I'd be impressed. I don't really care for over the ear style phones but wireless is nice, I've killed 3 expensive headsets after getting the cables caught up somehow.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I'm still waiting for real surround sound HPs that don't suck.