• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus A8R32-MVP wierd problem, pls help

System Name Dell Precison 7720 Mobile Workstation
Processor Xeon E3-1535M v6
Motherboard Dell
Memory 48GB ECC
Video Card(s) Quadro P5000
Storage 2+2+4TB SSD
Display(s) 4k IPS
Software Win10 Pro
My DFI NF4 Ultra-D was damaged due to wrong bios flashing. While waiting for claim I purchased this Asus board and plan to see the performance difference.

CPU : FX55
VGA: X1900XTX
RAM: Corsair 4400C25PT (dual channel)
BIOS: 0502

Setting: FSB 250, Multiplier 11, 2.5-3-3-7

First installation the system will never able to install WinXP without overclocking. Keep giving blue screen with all sorts of message, IRQ not equal, bla bla... even with other cards removed and using only 1 hardisk. Flashed the bios from 0404 to 0502 then only WinXP got installed smoothly.

With exact same CPU and RAM setting, this RD580 board perform rather poorly in all 3D games, 3dmark etc, at least 10% slower than the NF4U board. I have tried one whole week but cant find the problem. Clean installation of WinXP without other cards, bla bla...

Another problem that i cant solve also is the time setting. It will become slower and slower over time, with or without auto time synchronize. About 20min slow per day. Very irritating and not knowing what to do about that. Everyday have to reset the time is a nuisance.

Thanks for any help on this.

b1lk1

System Name Money pit
Processor Q2Q Q8300
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 deluxe WIFI AP@N
Cooling 120.2/Swiftech655/Apogee GT/DD Fillport & res
Memory OCZ PC3-1333MHZ 2X1GB/Kingston HYPERX PC3-1325MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4830
Storage Seagate 7200.11 1TB
Display(s) Dell 2209WA
Case some crap 5 year old generic modded case
Audio Device(s) X-FI fagtality
Power Supply PC P&C 510W
Software Vista Premium 64
For starters, you cannot use the settings from the DFI board on this ASUS board. You are dealing with completely different chipsets that do not use the same settings to run stable. You also need to get it to run stable on stock speeds before you start overclocking. Your hardware will react differently on this board. Make sure to do a full format, not hte quick format, when you install Windows to completely remove all the old stuff from the harddrive. As for losing time, never heard of something like that happening.

System Name Dell Precison 7720 Mobile Workstation
Processor Xeon E3-1535M v6
Motherboard Dell
Memory 48GB ECC
Video Card(s) Quadro P5000
Storage 2+2+4TB SSD
Display(s) 4k IPS
Software Win10 Pro
Thx for the reply.

Under non-overclock setting, RD580 is still 10% slower than the NF4U board.
Hardisk was newly bought together with RD580.

Can time loss an excuse for warranty claim? :p

My DFi NF4U board is ready for pick up. I may just switch back to N-Force for better performance...